Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) (2430 Views)

Air France-KLM Terminates A380 Fleet With Immediate Effect / KLM Airline Reveals V-shaped Aircraft Design Where Passengers Sit In The Wing / Nigerians Aboard A Dutch KLM Flight Stop The Deportation Of A Fellow Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by Ovokoo: 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
Nigerians on a KLM flight held the plane stand still to demand that a fellow. Nigerian brought in the plane for deportation chained Hands and all be taken off the plane or the plane was going nowhere. He had no documents and so he was chained like an animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh2SRRBCOXg

SOURCE: http://ovoko.com.ng/nigerians-halt-klm-flight-protest-deportation-nigerian-video-pics/

Cc: mynd44, lalasticlala

Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by Ovokoo: 7:39pm On Apr 09, 2017
More
Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by Topxcel: 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2017
Wat is all ds?
Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by Funjosh(m): 8:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
Wetin we do these people self, na WA o is it a crime to be a Nigerian
Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by DirewolfofStark(m): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
Ovokoo:
Nigerians on a KLM flight held the plane stand still to demand that a fellow. Nigerian brought in the plane for deportation chained Hands and all be taken off the plane or the plane was going nowhere. He had no documents and so he was chained like an animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh2SRRBCOXg

SOURCE: http://ovoko.com.ng/nigerians-halt-klm-flight-protest-deportation-nigerian-video-pics/

Cc: mynd44, lalasticlala

I'm pretty sure the chains were not for the purpose of deportation in itself. It is more probable that he had committed a violent crime and was physically resisting attempts to deport him so they had no choice than to restrain.
Nigerians will always try to read racism into everything as if we are programmed to have a victim mentality.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by Afam4eva(m): 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
DirewolfofStark:

I'm pretty sure the chains were not for the purpose of deportation in itself. It is more probable that he had committed a violent crime and was physically resisting attempts to deport him so they had no choice than to restrain.
Nigerians will always try to read racism into everything as if we are programmed to have a victim mentality.
Do you work with KLM or is there something you're not telling us. Yo sit comfy in your sitting room passing judgement on someone you don't know.
Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by justwise(m): 10:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
DirewolfofStark:

That is possibly what happened in this case. I watched the full video in facebook and Nigerians in that video are just uncivilized bunch.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by Beautyaddy: 10:50pm On Apr 09, 2017
Either way the man will still be deported using another flight. I see those KLM flight attendants and pilot were very patient dealing with all that barbaric noise taking place in that cockpit. Any other airline will make sure that this particular flight is grounded if not for anything but for safety reason. I will not want to be the pilot riding that plane not after seeing how they were all be having like animals

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by Nobody: 3:19am On Apr 10, 2017
Beautyaddy:
Either way the man will still be deported using another flight. I see those KLM flight attendants and pilot were very patient dealing with all that barbaric noise taking place in that cockpit. Any other airline will make sure that this particular flight is grounded if not for anything but for safety reason. I will not want to be the pilot riding that plane not after seeing how they were all be having like animals

Or even me as a passenger, if I wasn't pressed for time would have requested a different flight all together.

I've been on many fights that have had deportees on but I've never seen them in chains. So this must be an unusual situation with a violent offender.
Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by TWoods(m): 4:15am On Apr 10, 2017
I heard people yelling "because we are black", "we are not an animal"... sigh... really?

Is it the white folks who ruined our country? Are they the ones who rape our resources to hide in Swiss banks while we go without power and potable water?

Look at our country and our people... we treat ourselves worse than animals. Its easy to shout in a foreign country... how many videos have we seen of Nigerians burning fellow Nigerians to death with tyres for stealing computers? Shame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
these people have not helped his case by disrupting, infact the behaviour of these people will make the deporters more determined to deport the deportee. sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2017
by being disruptive and threatening these ignoramuses are clearly violating aviation rules, i bet none of them have bothered to read the terms and conditions of their tickets. the airline reserves the right and can refuse to carry them under the health and safety rules. all they will claim is that they in fear of their lives. they can even get arrested for breach of public peace they are not the only ones on that Aircraft.

lastly what were they protesting about? the deportee clearly has no right ( illegal ) be in their country.
Re: Nigerians On KLM Flight Protest The Treatment Of A Nigerian (video, pics) by gistcity(m): 1:32am On Nov 28, 2020

(1) (Reply)

fgdfgfg / Mexico To Usa Route / See Inside The World's Largest Cruise Ship - The Wonder Of The Seas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.