Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:42 AM

Where I Come From By Emebo Tony [must Read] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Where I Come From By Emebo Tony [must Read] (441 Views)

I Come And Go, But I Love You So. / Gwagwalada Here I Come! / DEATH Here I Come (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where I Come From By Emebo Tony [must Read] by Stephychiky: 2:44am On Apr 10, 2017
Where I come from, you can spot a religious house in almost every street across the nation, yet it's still one of the most corrupt nations on earth. Ranked 136 out of 175 countries according to the 2016 corruption perceptions index reported by Transparency International.

A blooming rich cultural heritage is one of the unmarred qualities easily recognized where I come from. Blessed with more than 250 different ethnic groups and cultures, where I come from is a bounty overflowing with affluent heritage.

Where I come from, Patriotism is a trait that has long gone extinct. Why love a nation you know little or nothing about its history? Why adore a nation with poor educational standards in public schools, pitiable health care policies, and inferior basic social amenities?, to name a few.

Where I come from, unkept promises are like birds in the sky. It's normal to make promises, fail, and make excuses for not living up to the promises made.

Where I come from, expecting security assurance is no different from waiting for sunrise at midnight. Swift security response is never guaranteed whenever one is endangered.
Where I come from, the 'streets' is the major employer of labour, employing more than double of what the public and private sector employs joined together.

Where I come from, it's unavoidable to take cognizance of happy and smiling people, no matter the situation. We smile and dance even in privation. The beer parlours must be filled to the brim during the weekends. Soccer matches must be seen and debated on. The bus conductor and his guys (erukus) must gist and laugh, with each holding and sipping from sachets of .....

http://www.owelafrik.com/2017/03/28/where-i-come-from-by-emebo-tony-must-read/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Https://lightspeaksblog./2017/04/10/whose-duty-is-it-to-cook/ / YOU, U Or YHU…. Either Way You Are Right / Best Mobile Applications For Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.