Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,834 members, 7,862,744 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

#even OBJ Knows SALAMIGATE - The Wuruwuru Judgement That Made Fayemi Governor... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #even OBJ Knows SALAMIGATE - The Wuruwuru Judgement That Made Fayemi Governor... (402 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement That Sacked Ihedioha As Governor / Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive / Ekiti Election: Revealed At Last, See The People Who Made Fayemi Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#even OBJ Knows SALAMIGATE - The Wuruwuru Judgement That Made Fayemi Governor... by Purplebirdrep: 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
#Even OBJ knows SALAMIGATE - The wuruwuru judgement that made Fayemi governor...

Hear Obasanjo speaking today.

Obasanjo said, “I was reading today when the President (Muhammadu Buhari) said the EFCC should stop losing cases. They lose cases for a number of reasons.

“One, they engage more of outside lawyers. I believe that they need staunch, `Ogbologbo'(seasoned) lawyers inside that will do the work.

“If I am a lawyer and I want the opponent to win a case, what I will file will be `wishy washy. And if I file a `wishy washy’ case, the opponent will see the loophole and he will get out of it. I believe that it is important.

“Secondly, thorough investigation is very important. Now, investigation must be thorough, it must be proper and it must be really taken seriously.

"...Our judges must be committed in fighting corruption.

“They must be committed to fighting corruption. Because if the investigation is very sound and you have `ogbologbo’ lawyer to handle the case, if you have SALAMIGATE, you know what the answer will be.

“So it is a chain: investigation, prosecution and the judiciary. If there is weakness along this line, chances are that corruption cases will continue to be lost, “he said.

~Former President Obasanjo made the comments on Sunday while playing host to members of the Correspondents Chapel, Nigeria Union of Journalists, Ogun Chapter, at his hilltop residence in Abeokuta!!!

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
If you don't know what is called SALAMIGATE, let me tell you.

SalamiGate is Justice Isa Ayo Salami  judicial magomago  judgement of the Appeal Court, Ilorin that made Dr Kayode Fayemi governor of Ekiti State.

Fayemi never won the 2009 rerun governorship election. Rather, he was awarded victory by Justice Salami after cancelling votes in 6 wards where PDP candidate, Engr Segun Oni won.

Records of telephone calls and sms between Justice Salami and APC chieftains like Lai Mohammed were later made public vis Justice Salami's roles in the Sokoto State election case, leading to his (Salami) suspension by the National Judicial Council (NJC).

Today in Abeokuta, Obasanjo brought back the memory of SALAMIGATE and I hope Fayemi can defend this by taking OBJ up on what he meant by Salamigate.

If you live in glass house, don't throw stones.

Lere Olayinka
9/4/17
Re: #even OBJ Knows SALAMIGATE - The Wuruwuru Judgement That Made Fayemi Governor... by yudee233: 12:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
Good

(1) (Reply)

Malabu: Some People Are Threatened By My International Profile, Says Jonathan / FACT CHECK: Is Nigerian Govt Violating Court Orders By Detaining Biafra Leader / Every Nigerian Should Read This!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.