Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (695281 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers ✔️✔️ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by famep(m): 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2020
IMAliyu:
Watched Castlevania.
Season 1 & 2 were alright
Season 3 was trash IMO.
Better visuals that your average anime (I know it's not technically an anime, but who cares), really good action scenes. Basically above average production quality.
Season 1 & 2 story was compelling as well. 8.5/10
Voice acting was a bit meh, hated that character that was suppose to be a Viking, but somehow had a Texian accent.
am currently watching this anime now
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by famep(m): 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2020
Jake420:
Best anime this year goes tooooooo..... SHOCKING!!
sauce
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by NoonMasamune: 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
Serious discussion though, if you have the means to pay for anime, manga or light novel, its the least you can do to support your favourite mangaka. There are many studies that show that the animators get paid in peanuts

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2020
IMAliyu:
Dead leaves
If you're a fan of animator Hiroyuki Imaishi(think gurren Lagan, kill la kill, panty and stocking, FoolyCooly) This is for you. Not much of a story, just wackiness.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu(m): 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2020
NoonMasamune:
Serious discussion though, if you have the means to pay for anime, manga or light novel, its the least you can do to support your favourite mangaka. There are many studies that show that the animators get paid in peanuts
I've already made up my mind, if/when I can afford it, I'm buying all the physical volumes of blame! and berserk.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Jake420: 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2020
famep:

sauce
dorohedoro can't go wrong with it
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by famep(m): 12:50am On Jul 26, 2020
IMAliyu:

If you're a fan of animator Hiroyuki Imaishi(think gurren Lagan, kill la kill, panty and stocking, FoolyCooly) This is for you. Not much of a story, just wackiness.
Gurren lagann and kill la kill are one of my favourite anime
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Peppul: 12:59am On Jul 26, 2020
CoolUsername:

Season 2 was just the beginning. The game franchise that the series is based on still has a rich story to be told according to it's fans.

Not to sure about a season 4 though since the showrunner recently got metoo'd.
I believe Dracula will hv to be rescued in other to maintain the balance of demons on earth, u know when he was still alive at least the demon were not running rampage as they like
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 1:32am On Jul 26, 2020
lipsrsealed

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Mark23(m): 9:30am On Jul 26, 2020
IMAliyu:

Season 3 was trash IMO.
For me, the only positive thing about season 3 was the animation. Besides that, I think it's overrated. I legit had to force myself to finish it. And the ending was shit too.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 10:07am On Jul 26, 2020
Here's a list of good sites to download animes from:

https://pastebin .com/DZL5jA4U

Remove the 'space'

Enjoy!
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 10:09am On Jul 26, 2020
Mark23:

For me, the only positive thing about season 3 was the animation. Besides that, I think it's overrated. I legit had to force myself to finish it. And the ending was shit too.
not the animation really...I'd say.....but actually the 'fight scenes'. That was the only thing good about it. Plot as far as consistency and whatnot is concerned is trash!
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Texman21: 11:34am On Jul 26, 2020
donwizzy7:
not the animation really...I'd say.....but actually the 'fight scenes'. That was the only thing good about it. Plot as far as consistency and whatnot is concerned is trash!
what if warren ellis is on nairaland

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
Jake420:
Best anime this year goes tooooooo.....
SHOCKING!!

Based

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
NoonMasamune:

The least we can do is watch anime from Netflix if we have a subscription. I was actually rewatching Dorohedoro on Netflix when ntel cucked me.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
CoolUsername:

The least we can do is watch anime from Netflix if we have a subscription. I was actually rewatching Dorohedoro on Netflix when ntel cucked me.
i dont like streaming.....would rather use d streaming fee to buy external harddrive...and do offline downloading into it. Better for me dat way! Coz dat way i dont have to stream a second time to rewatch the animes.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
✔️

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by GreatAchiever1: 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
I dont know y sub watchers discriminate dub watchers...
Am actually cool with anyone smiley
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
GreatAchiever1:
its like watching a chinese kungfu movie in hausa language!

Edit: and i believe dub watchers are lazy 'watchers'...it takes so much brain efforts to be following the anime..and still be reading the sub accordingly...dub watchers are just trying to avoid all that effort....hence their immense laziness!!!
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
donwizzy7:
i dont like streaming.....would rather use d streaming fee to buy external harddrive...and do offline downloading into it. Better for me dat way! Coz dat way i dont have to stream a second time to rewatch the animes.

You can download Netflix shows and watch them offline through the app.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
GreatAchiever1:

Most dubs are just generally inferior to the subs. Exceptions exist though. But in the end, just watch whatever you want.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
CoolUsername:

You can download Netflix shows and watch them offline through the app.
nice....for doz solely using netflix...but some animes just arent available on netflix..and u just may want to watch them on another platform.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
CoolUsername:

Most dubs are just generally inferior to the subs. Exceptions exist though. But in the end, just watch whatever you want.
u will av to define what u mean by 'inferior' coz it's still d same anime..just d original voicing erased and replaced....so we can say...its d quality and well-acquainted-ness of the eng dubbed voice actors that determines how good it'll be....for example an eng dub voice actors who himself has been watching subbed version and is well acquainted with the japanese culture will do better eng dub voice acting than most others...as we can see in the examples of eng dubbed version of animes like DeathNote, and so on!
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Dub watchers or people who go "I can watch any one" just can't hear how cringe most dub is. Especially, battle shonen dub.
Then, there's shows that are heavily imbibed with Japanese culture and language , like the Monogatari Series. No matter how good the dub is, a lot of context is loss.

It's hard to find any sub watcher that hasn't watched a dub title. Almost everybody agrees that Black Lagoon and Baccano should be watched in dub, because they're just as immersive and sync with the setting of their show.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kaycee7:
Dub watchers or people who go "I can watch any one" just can't hear how cringe most dub is. Especially, battle shonen dub.
Then, there's shows that are heavily imbibed with Japanese culture and language , like the Monogatari Series. No matter how good the dub is, a lot of context is loss.

It's hard to find any sub watcher that hasn't watched a dub title. Almost everybody agrees that Black Lagoon and Baccano should be watched in dub, because they're just as immersive and sync with the setting of their show.
oboy...real fear catch me when I heard the taut they used as Naruto in eng dubbed version of Naruto series....I didnt know when I started to take cover!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
donwizzy7:
oboy...real fear catch me when I heard the taut they used as Naruto in eng dubbed version of Naruto series....I didnt know when I started to take cover!
Me wey dey watch anime with loudspeaker, I no even dey send anybody. But the day wey I download Naruto Shippuden: Bonds in English dub. Shame catch me. I dey use earpiece, still dey reduce volume. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 4:59pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kaycee7:
Me wey dey watch anime with loudspeaker, I no even dey send anybody. But the day wey I download Naruto Shippuden: Bonds in English dub. Shame catch me. I dey use earpiece, still dey reduce volume. grin grin
lollllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by GladmanGoddey(m): 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
Diamond no Ace is really a wonderful anime both season 1 and 2

8.7/10 cheesy

I recommend

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
donwizzy7:
u will av to define what u mean by 'inferior' coz it's still d same anime..just d original voicing erased and replaced....so we can say...its d quality and well-acquainted-ness of the eng dubbed voice actors that determines how good it'll be....for example an eng dub voice actors who himself has been watching subbed version and is well acquainted with the japanese culture will do better eng dub voice acting than most others...as we can see in the examples of eng dubbed version of animes like DeathNote, and so on!

It really depends on the talent of the English voice actors and how they deliver their lines.One problem dubbed anime have is that Crunchyroll and Funimation who do most if the dubbing use a limited set of in-house voice actors who don't always stick the landing. As I've said before, there are exceptions, though.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
donwizzy7:

I remember mistakingly getting a few episodes of the Bleach in the English dub (I was buying bootleg DVDs then). It sounded like Superbook. It was so bad I had to buy another.

Good dubs exist though. Ghost Stories, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop, Panty and Stocking (as I've been told), The Disastrous Life of Saiki K, and Shimoneta seemed to have very good dubs.

Fairy Tail, Akatsuki no Yona, and more recently Rising of the Shield Hero and Konosuba had decent dubs but nowhere near as good the original Japanese. Especially Konosuba.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
When you are too OP...

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
nani667:
When you are too OP...
With zero personality.

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (754) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.