Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (696890 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers ✔️✔️ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 11:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
famep:

��
doesn't surfing on the site consume dat much data on ur fone? kindly observe pls and give feedback. Tnx.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nkiliuzo(m): 3:36am On Aug 21, 2020
donwizzy7:
okay...maybe becuase i'm using vpn...recommend other small mb size site jareeeee.
try kickassanime. rs .... it's has all the anime although old anime like 2016 down don't knida download but anime from 2017 upward do, you can find all size if you navigate it well, anime ranging from 240p to as high as 720p can be found there.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nkiliuzo(m): 3:47am On Aug 21, 2020
was looking for old school anime to watch and then found this, mehn, the anime is sublime. pity there ain't a follow up season or something. might check out if it has a manga or something, I just felt the need to share it... not one of my fav anime but the show had me hooked through, any similar anime like this guys. anime with old school SciFi vibes with a lot of gore

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 6:01am On Aug 21, 2020
Technically not anime, but felt the urge to rewatch the greatness

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 6:01am On Aug 21, 2020
Sannin ××

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by famep(m): 6:34am On Aug 21, 2020
donwizzy7:
doesn't surfing on the site consume dat much data on ur fone? kindly observe pls and give feedback. Tnx.

i will try and check 2day
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by famep(m): 6:35am On Aug 21, 2020
nkiliuzo:
was looking for old school anime to watch and then found this, mehn, the anime is sublime. pity there ain't a follow up season or something. might check out if it has a manga or something, I just felt the need to share it... not one of my fav anime but the show had me hooked through, any similar anime like this guys. anime with old school SciFi vibes with a lot of gore
the manga art style is top tier
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 10:31am On Aug 21, 2020
Hmmm!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
nkiliuzo:

Texhnolyze
Elfen Lied
Genocyber: Just good ole gore and not much more
Akira
Battle Angel OVA

If you can ignore the fact that these don't sci-fi elements, then you may enjoy:
Devilman Crybaby
Devilman OVA
Wicked City
Ninja Scroll
Urotsukidoji: Legend of the overfiend
Violence Jack
Kite

I can't really attest to the quality of these anime except for a few. But if you're looking for violent and nihilistic shlock you can start with these.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 4:48pm On Aug 21, 2020
Daniel2802:

I finally finished Bleach's Thousand-Year Blood War and it's easily the best arc in the whole Bleach manga.

What a happy ending, Rukia and Renji ended up together, Ichigo and Inoue ended up together.

Mehn, now I'm totally hyped for the anime adaptation next year.

Besides its terrible pacing, that arc had so many asspulls and plotkais that I'm surprised that someone would call it the best arc.

It started off great but Tite Kubo couldn't let beloved characters stay dead so they came back and destroyed the high-stake atmosphere that had been created. And the worst part is that they didn't really have anything to do.

Then we got the Sternritter army. There were 26 of them and they different power levels but nothing to tell us how strong they would actually be. So some were captain level while some were vice-captain level.

Don't get me started on the broken abilities they had. They were so powerful that a lot of the fights just consisted of dudes standing around and explaining how their opponent was already dead. Gremmy could literally make any wish come true but somehow lost to Kenpachi in the dumbest way possible after Kenpachi revealed his shikai.

Speaking of disappointing reveals, Unohana, the former kenpachi, didn't get to fully power up before getting wasted. Squad zero was pathetic. Worst of all, we never got to see Ichigo's new abilities in any meaningful way.

When Yhwach revealed his broken auschwalen Kubo knew he had with himself into a corner so he reached far into his rectum and pulled out that arrow that Ryuken somehow knew was the key to stopping the Almighty.

Yes, the team up between Ichigo, Ginjo, and Aizen was great and their plan was clever but the buildup to it was a drunk and stumbling mess of an arc.

While the arc had its highlights, I'm still salty that Tite Kubo made some of the choices he did even though he was bullied into some of them. As a fan of Bleach I hope the anime can fix some of the faults in the manga.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 21, 2020
Daniel2802:

I finally finished Bleach's Thousand-Year Blood War and it's easily the best arc in the whole Bleach manga.

What a happy ending, Rukia and Renji ended up together, Ichigo and Inoue ended up together.

Mehn, now I'm totally hyped for the anime adaptation next year.
no...it's definitely not the best arc...that be the assault on soul society/saving rukia arc...it's like universally agreed that this is the best arc in bleach and one of the best ever in shonen manga...the TYBW was good though would've been fantastic if it wasn't rushed...

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
CoolUsername:

Besides its terrible pacing, that arc had so many asspulls and plotkais that I'm surprised that someone would call it the best arc.

It started off great but Tite Kubo couldn't let beloved characters stay dead so they came back and destroyed the high-stake atmosphere that had been created. And the worst part is that they didn't really have anything to do.

Then we got the Sternritter army. There were 26 of them and they different power levels but nothing to tell us how strong they would actually be. So some were captain level while some were vice-captain level.

Don't get me started on the broken abilities they had. They were so powerful that a lot of the fights just consisted of dudes standing around and explaining how their opponent was already dead. Gremmy could literally make any wish come true but somehow lost to Kenpachi in the dumbest way possible after Kenpachi revealed his shikai.

Speaking of disappointing reveals, Unohana, the former kenpachi, didn't get to fully power up before getting wasted. Squad zero was pathetic. Worst of all, we never got to see Ichigo's new abilities in any meaningful way.

When Yhwach revealed his broken auschwalen Kubo knew he had with himself into a corner so he reached far into his rectum and pulled out that arrow that Ryuken somehow knew was the key to stopping the Almighty.

Yes, the team up between Ichigo, Ginjo, and Aizen was great and their plan was clever but the buildup to it was a drunk and stumbling mess of an arc.

While the arc had its highlights, I'm still salty that Tite Kubo made some of the choices he did even though he was bullied into some of them. As a fan of Bleach I hope the anime can fix some of the faults in the manga.
yeah I agree with this for the most part but all things considered (the forced rush to be specific) I still enjoyed the arc for the awesome parts oh and with gremmy I saw no problem with the fight his powers is literally his own head cannon and according to that there was no beating kenpachi yes he's a dumbass but it still makes sense...

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2020
anonymouskay:

yeah I agree with this for the most part but all things considered (the forced rush to be specific) I still enjoyed the arc for the awesome parts oh and with gremmy I saw no problem with the fight his powers is literally his own head cannon and according to that there was no beating kenpachi yes he's a dumbass but it still makes sense...

To be honest, I just needed to vent. I've been pissed off about Bleach for years. I'm still excited for its return, though.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2020
CoolUsername:

To be honest, I just needed to vent. I've been pissed off about Bleach for years. I'm still excited for its return, though.
lol...I'm excited too...along with the millions of people in the bleach cult...
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2020
randomShek:
Kakushigoto... 9/10

Just picked this up today and I couldn’t stop. Really nice story. The references to other manga, gags and inside look on the life of a manga artist were all on point.

Loved the OP too
this was at best 7/10 for me... I don't get all those who find it so incredible...I watched the first two episodes and it was okay at best...I eventually continued since I had downloaded all episodes already...and it got kinda enjoyable...but then the last episode bent time and space and suddenly threw a vague gist of everything that happens after ep11 mixed in with the ending in your face...and that made the anime's story (?) feel bland and superficial at the end for me...last but not the least the ED is way better no debate...
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nkiliuzo(m): 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2020
CoolUsername:

Texhnolyze
Elfen Lied
Genocyber: Just good ole gore and not much more
Akira
Battle Angel OVA

If you can ignore the fact that these don't sci-fi elements, then you may enjoy:
Devilman Crybaby
Devilman OVA
Wicked City
Ninja Scroll
Urotsukidoji: Legend of the overfiend
Violence Jack
Kite

I can't really attest to the quality of these anime except for a few. But if you're looking for violent and nihilistic shlock you can start with these.
thanks a lot bro, I have watch elfen lied and devilman crybaby.... I will clearly check the rest out
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 1:10am On Aug 22, 2020
⬇️⬇️

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by blingxx(m): 6:35am On Aug 22, 2020
nani667:
OP
lol ...How is Subaru a simp ? grin
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 7:35am On Aug 22, 2020
blingxx:

lol ...How is Subaru a simp ? grin
Subaru's not only a simp. He's a premium bitch. I love the guy and respect everything he's been through but he's yet to redeem himself from that scene with Priscilla in my eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 7:51am On Aug 22, 2020
Episode 8

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Arthurity1(m): 9:23am On Aug 22, 2020
donwizzy7:
add 'Megalobox' to the list.
Megalo box was awesome.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Daniel2802(m): 9:42am On Aug 22, 2020
CoolUsername:

I guess I didn't use the right choice of words. My bad, but what I had in mind is like it has the best display of bankai and new abilities.

Yes it was rushed and yes it had plot holes and plot Armour. The so called Squad Zero didn't put up a decent fight, and they were supposed to be stronger than a full squad.

The fights had patterns too, Shinigami defeats the Quincy, the Quincy powers up, defeats Shinigami, Shinigami powers up, something like that. The battles were mad though.

Cc anonymouskay

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 11:02am On Aug 22, 2020
Daniel2802:

I guess I didn't use the right choice of words. My bad, but what I had in mind is like it has the best display of bankai and new abilities.

Yes it was rushed and yes it had plot holes and plot Armour. The so called Squad Zero didn't put up a decent fight, and they were supposed to be stronger than a full squad.

The fights had patterns too, Shinigami defeats the Quincy, the Quincy powers up, defeats Shinigami, Shinigami powers up, something like that. The battles were mad though.

Cc anonymouskay
so in essence the main bleach series is better than this arc and I should stay away for now to avoid dissappointment due to unconscious internal comparisons to main series while reading manga for this arc...right??
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donwizzy7: 11:14am On Aug 22, 2020
Nani oya screenshots abeg
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by NoonMasamune: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Well, there goes all my free time grin

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
donwizzy7:
so in essence the main bleach series is better than this arc and I should stay away for now to avoid dissappointment due to unconscious internal comparisons to main series while reading manga for this arc...right??
personally I enjoyed reading the manga more than watching the anime (excluding a few big fights in the anime)
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kaycee7:
Subaru's not only a simp. He's a premium bitch. I love the guy and respect everything he's been through but he's yet to redeem himself from that scene with Priscilla in my eyes.

He's just a normal teenager in a very tough situation. Apart from his return by death ability, he has no special powers, he isn't particularly athletic or intelligent. All he has is his single-minded determination. At that point, he'd already gone through some fvcked up things and was nearing the end of his rope. I actually liked the realistic approach to main characters making rash, desperate decisions, here his actions failed spectacularly and he ended up getting absolutely humiliated, emasculated, and cucked by Priscilla.

Subaru is not a simp, saving Emilia is the only goal that keeps him same through all the torture and trauma. And he's not a bitch either, he's just a normal boy that suddenly found himself in a harsh and unforgiving world.

He suffers post traumatic stress so he lashes out, makes mistakes, his plans fail when factors that he didn't account for come into play, or because he simply was strong enough. He tries something new and keeps trying until he succeeds. It's as simple as that.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2020
CoolUsername:

He's just a normal teenager in a very tough situation. Apart from his return by death ability, he has no special powers, he isn't particularly athletic or intelligent. All he has is his single-minded determination. At that point, he'd already gone through some fvcked up things and was nearing the end of his rope. I actually liked the realistic approach to main characters making rash, desperate decisions, here his actions failed spectacularly and he ended up getting absolutely humiliated, emasculated, and cucked by Priscilla.

Subaru is not a simp, saving Emilia is the only goal that keeps him same through all the torture and trauma. And he's not a bitch either, he's just a normal boy that suddenly found himself in a harsh and unforgiving world.

He suffers post traumatic stress so he lashes out, makes mistakes, his plans fail when factors that he didn't account for come into play, or because he simply was strong enough. He tries something new and keeps trying until he succeeds. It's as simple as that.
Yes, Subaru is overall a well meaning guy who went through a bunch of crappy stuff which could make you desperate and give you trauma, but none of that changes the fact that
1. he IS a simp...he has Emilia imprinted in his mind as the best girl in existence and wants to do what he believes is best for her even to his own detriment simply because they hung out and she's nice...that's basically why he's that devoted
2. he IS a premium bitch, like I already said he went through crap that could make you rash but his very terrible behaviour/attitude to a lot of things/people is definitely abnormal, it didn't feel realistic or anything it was just watching a guy being a fvcking idiot which is very painful to watch because there's a waaay better approach that even a 'normal teenager' ought to be aware of...

and the way the plot progression is done sometimes - I mean how Subaru being a desperate irrational dumbass/painfully idiotic jackass/rash unnecessarily arrogant fool/[insert another of Subaru's many personality/behavioural flaws] is what helps him stumble on a super important event (which if you had been rational and logical wouldn't have found) & the knowledge of it is what becomes instrumental for advancing the story - feels cheap when you really think about it..the story gets tailored to fit Subaru's crappiness and rashness for progressing itself...

Last but not the least I actually really enjoyed rezero and think it's haters are being way too hard on it...my biggest gripe with it is the well meaning trash MC who you really can't hate (provided you're not an hater out for blood)...overall the flaws are there but it's unique and original and gives a story telling experience you can't find elsewhere and all things considered it's enjoyable...8/10...

PS: I disagree with him not being 'particularly intelligent' a bunch of things he thought up proves he's very intelligent which further shows how trash of an mc he is considering that...but i believe what you mean is that he's not clever...clever as in cunning, calculating etc...

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
CoolUsername:

I did say I respect everything the guy has been through. And as we both know, he's been through so much, a therapist could retire just from having him alone as a client.
But dude, everyone has a core personality. My guy was ready to suck feet. That's a grade-A bitch move. Someone with more self-esteem wouldn't stoop so low.
Notice that I don't hold any grudges for him on how Anastasia played him, that's understandable.
The simp point is just for bants. I mean, his feelings are being reciprocated, so it's technically not simping.

P.S: How he handled Rem's confession pissed me off a bit. Like dude, girl just poured her heart out to you. Could you at least not tell her to help you with another girl you're in love with, at that same moment?

PPS: I feel like most Rem stans are as a result of the fact that she has more screen time. Cos I vibe more with Ram.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Daniel2802(m): 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
donwizzy7:
Not really, the arc is still Canon and worth it.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by randomShek: 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kaycee7:
I did say I respect everything the guy has been through. And as we both know, he's been through so much, a therapist could retire just from having him alone as a client.
But dude, everyone has a core personality. My guy was ready to suck feet. That's a grade-A bitch move. Someone with more self-esteem wouldn't stoop so low.
Notice that I don't hold any grudges for him on how Anastasia played him, that's understandable.
The simp point is just for bants. I mean, his feelings are being reciprocated, so it's technically not simping.

P.S: How he handled Rem's confession pissed me off a bit. Like dude, girl just poured her heart out to you. Could you at least not tell her to help you with another girl you're in love with, at that same moment?

PPS: I feel like most Rem stans are as a result of the fact that she has more screen time. Cos I vibe more with Ram.
I agree with the screen time thing. Rem was my fav girl till I saw Isekai Quartet.

Ram had more screen time there and her lines/ shades were on point. Now I can’t decide who’s my fav girl

Subaru and Ram would’ve been a nice ship. They connected well in the first few episodes
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kaycee7:

I can definitely see where you're coming from. But this was a matter of life and death, and in real life when people don't have a way to fight they do whatever it takes to survive. He did what he felt he had to do to get Priscilla to cooperate with him because he had seen the damage that the whale thing could cause. It's like if you had prior knowledge that Boko Haram was going to bomb a place and you needed help to stop it but the people wanted you to do demeaning things to prove your resolve. Would it really still be a matter of self-esteem?

Kaycee7:

What happens when you torture and kill someone in cold blood multiple times because you "diDn'T tRuSt HiM"? You get what you fvcking deserve.
I was happy that he shut that bitch down. On that day, I also liked Emilia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (754) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.