Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,046 members, 7,818,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (696951 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers ✔️✔️ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Just in Episode 2 and the show seems pretty complex
I can already tell why it isn't popular

Seems like a show many people won't understand

You need to consider the IQ of the average anime fan (me included).
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2022
CoolUsername:

I would've read the entirety of Made in Abyss by now if the author could just cool it with the pedo shxt a bit.
I'll never get the whole pedo accusation MiB gets. Feels like some absurd overreaction.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
IamNiel:

Sauce??
Ergo Proxy
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2022
CoolUsername:

You need to consider the IQ of the average anime fan (me included).
why underestimate yourself...

All these shows aren't hard to understand...they just require concentration

The first time I tried watching Monster, I couldn't cope, I returned about 2 years later and I'm glad I did...
I watched it only at times when I had full concentration and I wasn't feeling tired...
Same thing I did for Neon Genesis Evengelion

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 11:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
Baddestguyp:
why underestimate yourself...

All these shows aren't hard to understand...they just require concentration

The first time I tried watching Monster, I couldn't cope, I returned about 2 years later and I'm glad I did...
I watched it only at times when I had full concentration and I wasn't feeling tired...
Same thing I did for Neon Genesis Evengelion

I'm mostly just joking around. I actually started Ergo Proxy some years back and got to episode 6 but then my flash got stolen and I wasn't interested enough to download it a second time.

However, a lot of these "smart" shows sacrifice engaging storytelling and characters you can relate to on an emotional level for the "themes" that they want to push. For example, Serial Experiments Lain and Angel's Egg are good in their own right but I definitely need to be on a certain state of mind to enjoy them.

Compare those with stuff like Love is War or Jujutsu Kaisen and it's easy to see why the average otaku would rather binge these than those.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2022
Kaycee7:
I'll never get the whole pedo accusation MiB gets. Feels like some absurd overreaction.

I generally don't really care about the canonical ages of fictional drawings but then the author really seems to lean into it on social media.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 12:01am On Aug 24, 2022
CoolUsername:

I'm mostly just joking around. I actually started Ergo Proxy some years back and got to episode 6 but then my flash got stolen and I wasn't interested enough to download it a second time.

However, a lot of these "smart" shows sacrifice engaging storytelling and characters you can relate to on an emotional level for the "themes" that they want to push. For example, Serial Experiments Lain and Angel's Egg are good in their own right but I definitely need to be on a certain state of mind to enjoy them.

Compare those with stuff like Love is War or Jujutsu Kaisen and it's easy to see why the average otaku would rather binge these than those.
you're right about that...
A lot of these shows it's easy to fall asleep if you watch when tired at night

And most people don't have the time to be analyzing a show

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 12:02am On Aug 24, 2022
CoolUsername:

I would've read the entirety of Made in Abyss by now if the author could just cool it with the pedo shxt a bit.
wait what

I watched the anime and I didn't see such
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2022
Visual ➕

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 7:51am On Aug 24, 2022
°°°

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 7:52am On Aug 24, 2022
°°

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by mrMeen(m): 11:20am On Aug 24, 2022
CoolUsername:

the way I see it, the pedo stuff is to make the viewer feel uncomfortable you see. And it is just children being children.

That's is why peoples opinion about rudeous confuses me, like yes he has an adult mind but he very much has a child's body, the alternative would have been him following older women which will result in them being the pedophiles instead, woe if you do and woe if you don't .
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Katsuki: 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2022
Finally watched dragon Ball super: super hero
I've never been so hyped in the cinema before
I'll give it a 6/10 sha
I preferred broly to super hero for some reasons

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2022
Nightwing has the tech...
Levi is a killer...won't hesitate

Location matters too
Dunno much about Nightwing to say for sure

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 10:10am On Aug 25, 2022
⬆️⬆️

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2022
°°

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 10:13am On Aug 25, 2022
✔️

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by pu7pl3(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2022
nani667:
⬆️⬆️

The one from chainsaw man is not there?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 12:11pm On Aug 25, 2022
pu7pl3:

The one from chainsaw man is not there?
The list is for shows airing this season. She'll feature in Fall season lists when Chainsaw Man airs.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by pu7pl3(m): 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2022
Kaycee7:
The list is for shows airing this season. She'll feature in Fall season lists when Chainsaw Man airs.

Okay
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by blingxx(m): 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Nightwing has the tech...
Levi is a killer...won't hesitate

Location matters too
Dunno much about Nightwing to say for sure

Levi go straight for the kill with prep time Nightwing won't see him coming

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
Three episodes in...

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 12:05am On Aug 26, 2022
I can never forgive Rachel...
The girl in the center

I hate Rachel with serious passion ehn

Never hated a fictional character nearly as much

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 12:06am On Aug 26, 2022

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Arthurity1(m): 1:56am On Aug 26, 2022
nani667:
Three episodes in...
Sauce?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Arthurity1(m): 1:59am On Aug 26, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I can never forgive Rachel...
The girl in the center

I hate Rachel with serious passion ehn

Never hated a fictional character nearly as much
Maturity is realizing that one needs to pour flouroantimonic acid down their throats and ass.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 10:43am On Aug 26, 2022
Well, you can't say Higashira's not a ride-or-die person.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 11:43am On Aug 26, 2022
Arthurity1:

Sauce?

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 11:44am On Aug 26, 2022
✔️

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 11:45am On Aug 26, 2022
Lupusregina ➕

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Tmberwolf1: 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
Kaycee7:
Well, you can't say Higashira's not a ride-or-die person.
Sauce?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

Sauce?
My Stepmom's Daughter is My Ex

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (754) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.