Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (697530 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers ✔️✔️ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
Duchessree:
The Ancient magus bride is so boring, and to think someone said this anime is so interesting angry angry angry

I was just sleeping while watching it, anime i supposed to finish in a day, it took me 3 days to finish it angry angry

Gen Zs when they haven't seen a fight scene for 5 minutes.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Exxxgeee: 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2022
Who watches cyberpunk-edgerunner?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:53pm On Sep 21, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Everytime I see any comic news trending, it's always rubbish like Superman's son is gay, Thor is Bisexual, Captain America has come out to be gender neutral etc grin
It's so funny and it's why I have no interest in returning to comics except maybe Invincible

Luckily Japan is not like that...e.g One Piece major plot development news is always trending, even without reading the manga, any major spoilers is everywhere from twitter to TikTok to reddit to WhatsApp...even leaks sef

I wish we saw developments like Superman's son is in a good comic, Thor is in a good comic, and Captain America has come out to be the main character of a good comic.

I guess that's too much to ask.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:55pm On Sep 21, 2022
Hohenheim:
Wtf does "Getting Woke" even mean.

Regaining consciousness after drinking 15 bottles of Orijin last night.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2022
IMAliyu2:

Honestly the word has no meaning now.

It used to mean being conscious of racial inequality and discrimination, in American society, but can now mean whatever due to its misuse by everyone.

Being woke is when T'Challa wants to help black people so decides to ignore the whole of Africa to build a basketball court in Oakland.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Duchessree(f): 4:05pm On Sep 21, 2022
CoolUsername:

Gen Zs when they haven't seen a fight scene for 5 minutes.

You won't blame me na grin
The person who recommended the anime put it on the same level with "inuyashiki" and "beyond the boundary". So when i downloaded it, i was expecting some action or something,
I had a lot of high expectations for it, and i guess as the anime didn't meet my expectations i got disappointed .
This has happen to me in some anime I've watched.
While some do meet up my expectations, some don't. embarassed embarassed
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kaycee7:
A whole new volume. Pace yourself well, Togashi-san. Don't be working yourself into a hospital ward.

Damn,10 whole chapters in just four years?

This man is seriously dropping volumes to the beat of the World Cup.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Duchessree(f): 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
Recently watched this anime called Given and i loved it.
It was sad and cute at the same time.
The movie was weird for me at the beginning but i later got into it and i can say i like it, i prefer the series though.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 4:15pm On Sep 21, 2022
Duchessree:

The person who recommended the anime put it on the same level with "inuyashiki" and "beyond the boundary". So when i downloaded it, i was expecting some action or something,
I had a lot of high expectations for it, and i guess as the anime didn't meet my expectations i got disappointed .

Hype is a double-edged sword. It can color the perspective of the viewer they even watch the first episode.

Any time someone tells me a show is good, I always ask why because I know that people's preferences will always differ. Descriptions are always more useful than ratings in determining whether an anime would be worthwhile.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu2: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
CoolUsername:

Being woke is when T'Challa wants to help black people so decides to ignore the whole of Africa to build a basketball court in Oakland.
A product of Marvel.
Where they make people who were right (killmonger) the bad guys and the social commentary they side with at the end of the day is to maintain the status quo with nothing changing.

I don't blame you the word has been bastardized by virtue signaling dead brains on Twitter and the mockery by reactionaries, it's now just a parody of it's original meaning.

A rough derivation of the negative meaning "being woke" has now and what I assume you're getting at is; the insincere, performative, and/or overzealous way people and companies try to virtue signal about how moral, anti-racist or inclusive they are for social media accolades or profit.
Which gets annoying pretty fast.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
Exxxgeee:
Who watches cyberpunk-edgerunner?
everyone lol
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
IMAliyu2:

A product of Marvel.
Where they make people who were right (killmonger) the bad guys and the social commentary they side with at the end of the day is to maintain the status quo with nothing changing.

Killmonger was right?
He wanted to arm black people all over the world so they could Holocaust white people because slavery.

He definitely had a point but my controversial opinion is that if genocide is your solution then you probably aren't the good guy.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
CoolUsername:

Somebody has to succeed Lebron. Man's definitely got his priorities right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
Duchessree:

Some folks don't know how to make comparisons when recommending stuff. Once 2 shows share 1 element, usually a plot element, most people tend to tag them similar without taking into context other factors like tone and style.
Whoever used Inuyashiki to give you an idea of Magus' Bride did you dirty.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 5:41pm On Sep 21, 2022
Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Movie....9.8/10

First of all the action in this movie is truly movie quality...MAPPA IS GOATED...
The animation is fire!!! The fight scenes are fire!!!

This movie is a prequel...the events seem to take place about 2 years before season 1 of the series and it leads to a lot more questions than answers...

The movie also seems to set up Seasons 2 and 3 which I heard will focus on the Shibuya Arc...
Very noticeable as Yuta has been mentioned several times in S1 of the series ...

So many questions at the end of the movie and even the post credit scene...

Why is Geto alive in the series? Or is someone controlling his body in S1 of the show?
Cos I remember in the show he has a scar on his head and he says he doesn't wanna be seen...
Why is Miguel now working with Yuta and Gojo?

I feel like Gojo Satoru is hiding so much...there's so much mystery regarding his character and decisions he makes...

The movie is a perfect way to get fans hyped for season 2...imagine if MAPPA retain this animation quality...

I gats rewatch

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2022
CoolUsername:

Killmonger was right?
He wanted to arm black people all over the world so they could Holocaust white people because slavery.

He definitely had a point but my controversial opinion is that if genocide is your solution then you probably aren't the good guy.
Itachi stans trying to wrap their head around that last paragraph

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
CoolUsername:

Explain this then
God tier character development right here

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
Summertime Render's episodes have been amazing all through. No small feat for a 2-cour season. But Keigo Hoashi's music composition took the latest episode to a different level. He'd been delivering all season on the OST but what he cooked for the latest episode was chef's kiss.

Also, if you're not watching Summertime Render, fücking get on it.
The only acceptable excuse is that you're waiting to binge it.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2022
CoolUsername:

I wish we saw developments like Superman's son is in a good comic, Thor is in a good comic, and Captain America has come out to be the main character of a good comic.

I guess that's too much to ask.
I heard Superman's son is a new character...
A new character in this woke generation was obviously gonna be used to preach the message
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kaycee7:
Summertime Render's episodes have been amazing all through. No small feat for a 2-cour season. But Keigo Hoashi's music composition took the latest episode to a different level. He'd been delivering all season on the OST but what he cooked for the latest episode was chef's kiss.

Also, if you're not watching Summertime Render, fücking get on it.
The only acceptable excuse is that you're waiting to binge it.
I'm waiting to binge it...
Last I checked, about 2 episodes left
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Brokeloser: 6:17pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kaycee7:
Itachi stans trying to wrap their head around that last paragraph
Have some respect for the motherfvcking legend.He didn't have a choice in the matter.Even in death he still had ways to protect the village.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu2: 6:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
CoolUsername:

Killmonger was right?

Well yeah I'll have to concede here.

He had the right spirit, but wrong mindset and methods.
Wanting to end racial oppression is an objectively good thing, but dictatorship and genocide are objectively the wrong ways to go about it.

The Wakandans were complicit, in their willfull ignorance to the rest of the world. When they had the ability to help, and power to end conflicts and exploitation in their universe's version of Africa, or share their medical, or other humanitarian advances with their world at no cost to themselves, but no they rather just hide.

It took killmonger for them to realize they were wrong, and still at the end of the movie nothing changes, or rather Marvel were just unwilling to write any drastic changes to their world, and instead we just get a basketball court.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by zorse: 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2022
[quote author=CoolUsername post=116878727]

Explain this then[/quoote]

Okay... This is something else grin
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2022
Brokeloser:

Have some respect for the motherfvcking legend.He didn't have a choice in the matter.Even in death he still had ways to protect the village.
Can't spare a shred of respect for a traitorous, infanticidal mass murderer. Tufia!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Brokeloser: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kaycee7:
Can't spare a shred of respect for a traitorous, infanticidal mass murderer. Tufia!
Would you have preferred full blown civil war and quite possibly attack from other nations during the chaos.He choose the lesser evil and that's all there is to it.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Brokeloser:

Would you have preferred full blown civil war and quite possibly attack from other nations during the chaos.He choose the lesser evil and that's all there is to it.
I would have preferred Konoha not discriminating against the Uchiha. They brought conflict on themselves and then got the traitor to assist them with genocide to avoid accountability. He chose to be a political pawn

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Brokeloser: 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kaycee7:
I would have preferred Konoha not discriminating against the Uchiha. They brought conflict on themselves and then got the traitor to assist them with genocide to avoid accountability. He chose to be a political pawn
How exactly is this his fault?I repeat again at that point the situation was too far gone to be salvaged.The only available options were;
1)Civil war leading to enemy nations invading.
2)Konaha surrenders to the Uchiha.
3)Uchiha surrenders to konoha

Remember options 2&3 were out of the question and the Uchiha were actively planning a coup.Do you think the other clans would have swept the matter aside and pretend it never happened.

However way you look at it,itachi is a selfless nationalist who gave all for his nation,stories of his act of selflessness will never be sung,the world will never know of his heroic deeds.Motherfvcker singlehandedly ended a war the likes of which had never been fought before and he did so while dead.Even the "god of all shinobi" called him a better shinobi than he ever was.Damn! A fvcking legend I stan.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2022
Brokeloser:

How exactly is this his fault? I repeat again at that point the situation was too far gone to be salvaged.The only available options were;
1)Civil war leading to enemy nations invading.
2)Konaha surrenders to the Uchiha.
3)Uchiha surrenders to konoha

Remember options 2&3 were out of the question and the Uchiha were actively planning a coup.Do you think the other clans would have swept the matter aside and pretend it never happened.

However way you look at it,itachi is a selfless nationalist who gave all for his nation,stories of his act of selflessness will never be sung,the world will never know of his heroic deeds.Motherfvcker singlehandedly ended a war the likes of which had never been fought before.Damn! A legend I stan
Itachi turned traitor on his clan and started spying on them for Danzo.

All the Uchiha wanted was fair treatment in Konoha. That was the whole point of the coup. Rather than stop discriminating against them, Konoha turned a blind eye while Danzo orchestrated genocide against the Uchiha.

Itachi is a political pawn who turned a blind eye to the plight of his people, spied on them for a system that was basically racist to them and then murdered every last one of them and let the man who ordered the massacre desecrate their corpses by harvesting their eyes. He is exactly what the world knows him as. A traitor who killed even the children of his clan. And it's absolutely poetic that he died of an illness that ravaged him from the inside. A fitting end to a delusional piece of trash.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Brokeloser: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kaycee7:
Itachi turned traitor on his clan and started spying on them for Danzo.

All the Uchiha wanted was fair treatment in Konoha. That was the whole point of the coup. Rather than stop discriminating against them, Konoha turned a blind eye while Danzo orchestrated genocide against the Uchiha.

Itachi is a political pawn who turned a blind eye to the plight of his people, spied on them for a system that was basically racist to them and then murdered every last one of them and let the man who ordered the massacre desecrate their corpses by harvesting their eyes. He is exactly what the world knows him as. A traitor who killed even the children of his clan. And it's absolutely poetic that he died of an illness that ravaged him from the inside. A fitting end to a delusional piece of trash.
Itachi fighting danzo will be like a random House of Assembly member trying to fight buhari.We know Fulani terrorists have his approval .That was exactly itachi's situation.How would he have fought the government not just danzo,remember danzo had their license to do whatever and the hokage would turn a blind eye.I repeat it again itachi had no choice.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
IMAliyu2:

Well yeah I'll have to concede here.

He had the right spirit, but wrong mindset and methods.
Wanting to end racial oppression is an objectively good thing, but dictatorship and genocide are objectively the wrong ways to go about it.

The Wakandans were complicit, in their willfull ignorance to the rest of the world. When they had the ability to help, and power to end conflicts and exploitation in their universe's version of Africa, or share their medical, or other humanitarian advances with their world at no cost to themselves, but no they rather just hide.

It took killmonger for them to realize they were wrong, and still at the end of the movie nothing changes, or rather Marvel were just unwilling to write any drastic changes to their world, and instead we just get a basketball court.

What moral obligation does a country have to help people from other countries because of the melanin content of their skin?

In what conceivable way could Wakanda have ended conflicts in Africa or ended racism across the pond? Except maybe through conquest and imperialism.

Even then who do they side with? Sudan or South Sudan? Mali or the Touareg? Nigeria or ESN or ISWAP? It gets considerably more difficult when you can't visually differentiate the "oppressor" and the "oppressed", doesn't it? Nothing is as black and white as the movie names it seem (no pun intended).

The movie didn't even consider these questions because it is not a movie for black people but rather, a movie for black Americans. They don't actually care about Africans, and that's fine. That, my friend, is the true reason they built a basketball court at the end of it.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kaycee7:
Somebody has to succeed Lebron. Man's definitely got his priorities right

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 9:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
Brokeloser:

Itachi fighting danzo will be like a random House of Assembly member trying to fight buhari.We know Fulani terrorists have his approval .That was exactly itachi's situation.How would he have fought the government not just danzo,remember danzo had their license to do whatever and the hokage would turn a blind eye.I repeat it again itachi had no choice.
Fighting Danzo wasn't his only option.
This dude could arrange a whole massacre but not a meeting between Sarutobi and his own father.
Man had a choice and chose to be a political pawn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (754) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.