Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (695721 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers ✔️✔️ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 10:00am On Dec 16, 2022
zyro:
Finally

I can't wait to finally watch the Kaiju No. 8 anime in two years
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 10:01am On Dec 16, 2022
bang

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 10:15am On Dec 16, 2022
7.8 / 10

Decent watch

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2022
CoolUsername:
bang
don't open the door Denji
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by zyro: 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2022
CoolUsername:

I can't wait to finally watch the Kaiju No. 8 anime in two years
Lol
See what you did there grin
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2022
Episode 11

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2022
Episode 10

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2022
Damn! End of an era. Ash Ketchum is literally my first anime MC.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 3:16am On Dec 17, 2022
Good old days before the haters invaded...

Most are still 9.9 or 9.8 tho...

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 6:49am On Dec 17, 2022
The 1980s was a time of a major economic boom in Japan. Then, we got exceedingly well-animated OVAs of even the most niche ultraviolet shxt that creators could cough up.

During that era, the ultra-ambitous shonen protagonist was born.

Dragonball: Goku wants to be the strongest opponent in the world.

Hajime no Ippo: Ippo wants to be the greatest boxer.

Naruto: Naruto wants to be hokage.

One Piece: Luffy wants to be Pirate King.

Bleach: Ichigo never states it outright but he always finds himself trying to save everybody.

Now that the economic bubble has burst, income inequality is ever-rising, and homeownership is a pipe-dream for most poor young sods. We are starting to see the proliferation of the the unambitous shonen protagonist.

Jujutsu Kaisen: Yuji's granddad told him to try to help people.

Chainsaw Man: Denji just wants to eat some bread and jam to survive, touch boobs, maybe get a kiss at some point.

Jigokuraku: Gabimaru just wants to be with his real or imagined waifu (wtf literally me).

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 6:51am On Dec 17, 2022
nani667:
7.8 / 10

Decent watch

I didn't know there was a Lookism animated series. I'm sure season one would be very good since it would probably be adapting all the good parts of the manhwa before it jumped the shark.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 9:12am On Dec 17, 2022
Jujutsu Kaisen season 2 announced for July 2023

Vinland Saga - January
Hell's Paradise - April
Jujutsu Kaisen S2 - July

Still no news about AOT finale tongue

Wtf is wrong with MAPPA?

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2022
Weekend Oppai ➕

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 9:41am On Dec 17, 2022
➕➕

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 9:46am On Dec 17, 2022
Episode 9

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Blueelf: 10:18am On Dec 17, 2022
Tochex101:

Very good stuff....
Pls help with recommendations...hidden gems make we binge ..

The kain nonsense wey una dey liks sha

smh

If its not bleach level, men I'm out
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by SniperAssassin: 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2022
CoolUsername:
The 1980s was a time of a major economic boom in Japan. Then, we got exceedingly well-animated OVAs of even the most niche ultraviolet shxt that creators could cough up.

During that era, the ultra-ambitous shonen protagonist was born.

Dragonball: Goku wants to be the strongest opponent in the world.

Hajime no Ippo: Ippo wants to be the greatest boxer.

Naruto: Naruto wants to be hokage.

One Piece: Luffy wants to be Pirate King.

Bleach: Ichigo never states it outright but he always finds himself trying to save everybody.

Now that the economic bubble has burst, income inequality is ever-rising, and homeownership is a pipe-dream for most poor young sods. We are starting to see the proliferation of the the unambitous shonen protagonist.

Jujutsu Kaisen: Yuji's granddad told him to try to help people.

Chainsaw Man: Denji just wants to eat some bread and jam to survive, touch boobs, maybe get a kiss at some point.

Jigokuraku: Gabimaru just wants to be with his real or imagined waifu (wtf literally me).
Reference to Super Eyepatch Wolf's video?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu2: 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2022
Chainsaw man The anime, definitely has a less chaotic and wild vibe compared to the manga.

Sort of like the contrast between a Metal track and a post-rock song.

But I do find myself enjoying the more slice of life, and sombre character moments in the anime more.
So, it's all good, I can't wait to see how they handle the coming arcs.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 5:01pm On Dec 17, 2022
SniperAssassin:

Reference to Super Eyepatch Wolf's video?

Definitely. Once he said it in reference of Chainsaw Man, it just clicked for me.

That's one of the reasons why I find the main characters from the "dark trio" so much more relatable than the main characters of old. I draw parallels between their experience and mine more easily.

I've previously talked about how the Kaiju and Mecha genres could have been influenced by the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings on this thread. That's because I always find it interesting to see how the real world influences fiction.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu2: 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2022
Nobody talks about No guns life.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2022
IMAliyu2:
I never watched this anime
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
nani667:
➕➕

Diverse female protagonist?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Tochex101(m): 7:42pm On Dec 17, 2022
Blueelf:

The kain nonsense wey una dey liks sha

smh

If its not bleach level, men I'm out
You go dey watch only 1 anime a year be dat...
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 7:58pm On Dec 17, 2022
IMAliyu2:

I'm not a big fan of it but I have to admit that the art is pure eyecandy.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
Spoiler-less Makima Fanarts

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
Makima Fanarts

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by altteemy: 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2022
CoolUsername:
bang
Intelligence busted

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Blueelf: 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2022
Record of ragnarok season 2 is out

I can't even finish past episode 1 of season 1 because of how bad the animation was

I have never seen an anime series so hyped with an animation so bad

Not keeping my hopes up on season 2
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2022

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Wainey: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2022
Luffy is becoming too overpowered.

At this rate, he almost doesnt have a weakpoint and might solo the verse as the story progress.
The ability to do whatever you imagine is worrisome.
The laws of physics doesnt even apply to him

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (754) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.