Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (696185 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers ✔️✔️ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) ... (754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 6:05pm On Feb 01
⭐️⭐️

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 6:06pm On Feb 01
🤨🧐

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 6:06pm On Feb 01
🫱🏻‍🫲🏼🫱🏻‍🫲🏼

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 7:33pm On Feb 01
°°°°

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Tochex101(m): 9:13pm On Feb 01
Achilles100:
To watch that CERN show dey tire me. I don start am like several times, but omo na wa.

No better anime dey air now sef. I dont like the graphics of Dungeon Meishi, Buccighiri get as e dey do me.

Only Shangri-La dey give me joy.
Apothecary diaries...
Ragna crimson....
You can also follow these 2..
Kingdom season 5 is also airing.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Haynnie: 9:50pm On Feb 01
nani667:
🤨🧐
Where can I download the final season of AOT?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 10:04pm On Feb 01
I never stood a chance. When I was still a little kid, my brother used to tell me all about these kick-ass action shows that were better than everything currently on TV that he used to watch on Channels (or was AIT?) as a kid back in the 1990s. He knew Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin for the cultured) by name and could give a rundown of the story but we would later discover the other one must have Fistt of the North Star.

When DSTV became a thing in Nigeria back in the late 1990s, apparently they used to show Dragon Ball Z and Tenchi Muyo on Cartoon Network's Toonami block. I don't remember anything about the Toonami block but my older bro loved DBZ so much that we even had figures and cards growing up.

I have faint memories of Digimon which aired on KTV and I remember the dope-ass opening theme but I could only identify Guilmon at the time. However, I popped my anime cherry on the most unlikely series...

Mew Mew Power (Tokyo Mew Mew for the cultured) was the first anime I actually remember watching. It aired on KTV in 2004 and I watched it and now look at me decades later still gushing over magical girls (pun intended).

The moral of this story is:protect your kids. For me, it was over before it even started because I watched the pretty japanese cartoons and now I've been condemned to a life of weebdom, never to integrate into normie society.

What was your first foray into the anime/manga world?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Achilles100: 12:25am On Feb 02
Kaycee7:
CERN show? Stein's Gate?

One man's meat really is another man's poison cos Dungeon Meshi's visuals are one of the many things I love about it.

Yeah, Stein's Gate.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Achilles100: 12:26am On Feb 02
Tochex101:

Apothecary diaries...
Ragna crimson....

Okay, I'll try them out and see.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Achilles100: 12:27am On Feb 02
Baddestguyp:

Steins Gate?
It starts off slow but from episode 12/13, you'll be hooked...
It goes nonstop from there

Yeah, Stein's Gate.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 6:50am On Feb 02
Tochex101:

Apothecary diaries...
Ragna crimson....
Apothecary Diaries is the major reason why I look forward to Saturdays. Maomao dey craze grin

Are you also watching Frîerén?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 6:51am On Feb 02
Haynnie:

Where can I download the final season of AOT?
animepahe
Or
Telegram
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Tochex101(m): 7:06am On Feb 02
Kaycee7:
Apothecary Diaries is the major reason why I look forward to Saturdays. Maomao dey craze grin

Are you also watching Frîerén?
I think I stopped at episode 14 or so, I'll catch up soon.
I'm also thinking of starting sasaki and peeps.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 7:09am On Feb 02
CoolUsername:
I never stood a chance. When I was still a little kid, my brother used to tell me all about these kick-ass action shows that were better than everything currently on TV that he used to watch on Channels (or was AIT?) as a kid back in the 1990s. He knew Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin for the cultured) by name and could give a rundown of the story but we would later discover the other one must have Fist of the North Star.

When DSTV became a thing in Nigeria back in the late 1990s, apparently they used to show Dragon Ball Z and Tenchi Muyo on Cartoon Network's Toonami block. I don't remember anything about the Toonami block but my older bro loved DBZ so much that we even had figures and cards growing up.

I have faint memories of Digimon which aired on KTV and I remember the dope-ass opening theme but I could only identify Guilmon at the time. However, I popped my anime cherry on the most unlikely series...

Mew Mew Power (Tokyo Mew Mew for the cultured) was the first anime I actually remember watching. It aired on KTV in 2004 and I watched it and now look at me decades later still gushing over magical girls (pun intended).

The moral of this story is:protect your kids. For me, it was over before it even started because I watched the pretty japanese cartoons and now I've been condemned to a life of weebdom, never to integrate into normie society.

What was your first foray into the anime/manga world?
We used to spend time at this friend of ours house cos they were one of the few who had cable on our street. We'd watch a lot of cartoons, obviously. Among them were titles like Dragonball Z, Samurai X, Sailor Moon and Pokemon to name a few.
We were all most familiar with Pokemon cos even the local channels showed it.
Caught what would later become my favorite Ghibli movie and one of my favorite movies of all time on ETv (Enugu Television), Princess Mononoke.

My first encounter with sub was when another friend got a copy of the late great Satoshi Kon's Tokyo Godfathers. Of course, we were way too young to appreciate such greatness and since there was no fighting action like we were used to, we basically just let it play in the background. Every now and then, I'd follow the subtitles, being the bookworm I was. One line from the movie even stuck with me. Hana's "Shit I'll take but fart is where I draw the line" Pre-teen me thought that was hilarious. Adult me still does.

Fast forward years later, after the end of Avatar the Last Airbender, everyone was getting into this new cartoon called Naruto. Took a while getting into it but once I did, and coinciding with my new access to mobile internet, I'd discover an online fanbase and learn that these Japanese-speaking cartoons and even the English-dubbed once I'd previously watched were actually called anime.
From there I'd go on to discover many other shows and, once my action series phase was over, delve deeper into anime and the anime community.
And here we are today and I don't see an end to this relationship in sight.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 7:11am On Feb 02
Tochex101:

I think I stopped at episode 14 or so, I'll catch up soon.
I'm also thinking of starting sasaki and peeps.
I've heard good stuff about Sasaki and Peeps but I've been too busy this year to even check it out.

You really need to catch up on Frîerén. The current arc is intense.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Tochex101(m): 8:20am On Feb 02
Kaycee7:
I've heard good stuff about Sasaki and Peeps but I've been too busy this year to even check it out.

You really need to catch up on Frîerén. The current arc is intense.
Will do..
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by ryfoz(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02
nani667:
🫱🏻‍🫲🏼🫱🏻‍🫲🏼

Very funny
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by alexabhatti: 9:29pm On Feb 02
If you're looking for some great anime to watch, here are a few of my top picks:

Shirobako - This one gives an awesome behind-the-scenes look at the animation industry. You get to see characters working as animators, editors, voice actors, and more to create an anime. Lots of great insights into editing workflows and attention to detail.

New Game! - Follows a character starting work at a game development company as they create a new video game. Cool to see the creative process and all the different roles like programming, art, audio, and testing that come together.

Bakuman is about two friends working to become successful manga creators. They experience storyboarding, editing, redrawing, working with publishers, and more. Neat perspective on editing and perfecting creative work.

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken - Three students come together to create an animation club and edit their project video with Wink App
and make an anime-inspired short film. You see their imagination and how they problem-solve with limited resources.

Those all provide funny and engaging stories with a great background in video/creative editing and production. Let me know if you have any other anime recs that involve video or animation editing/creation! Always love finding new shows like that whichinspire my own editing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 10:33pm On Feb 02
alexabhatti:
If you're looking for some great anime to watch, here are a few of my top picks:

Shirobako - This one gives an awesome behind-the-scenes look at the animation industry. You get to see characters working as animators, editors, voice actors, and more to create an anime. Lots of great insights into editing workflows and attention to detail.

New Game! - Follows a character starting work at a game development company as they create a new video game. Cool to see the creative process and all the different roles like programming, art, audio, and testing that come together.

Bakuman is about two friends working to become successful manga creators. They experience storyboarding, editing, redrawing, working with publishers, and more. Neat perspective on editing and perfecting creative work.

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken - Three students come together to create an animation club and edit their project video with Wink App
and make an anime-inspired short film. You see their imagination and how they problem-solve with limited resources.

Those all provide funny and engaging stories with a great background in video/creative editing and production. Let me know if you have any other anime recs that involve video or animation editing/creation! Always love finding new shows like that whichinspire my own editing.
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun is about a girl, Chiyo Sakura, who's in love with Umetarou Nozaki. What she doesn't know is that Nozaki is actually a respected shoujo mangaka under a pen name. She eventually ends up becoming one of Nozaki's assistants due to a misunderstanding.
Chiyo helps Nozaki with his manga while hoping that he'll notice her feelings.

Blue Period
While not exactly a manga or anime production themed show, Blue Period follows high school student, Yatora Yaguchi, as he discovers his love for art and aims to gain admission into the prestigious Tokyo University of the Arts.
Yaguchi faces talented peers, his own lack of understanding of art fundamentals due to starting late and even struggles to gain his parents' approval.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 11:33am On Feb 03
Kaycee7:
We used to spend time at this friend of ours house cos they were one of the few who had cable on our street. We'd watch a lot of cartoons, obviously. Among them were titles like Dragonball Z, Samurai X, Sailor Moon and Pokemon to name a few.
We were all most familiar with Pokemon cos even the local channels showed it.
Caught what would later become my favorite Ghibli movie and one of my favorite movies of all time on ETv (Enugu Television), Princess Mononoke.

There must have been a small weeb infiltration in Nigerian broadcasting at some point in the 90s because they really seemed to like pushing their favourite anime on us. I still vividly remember them showing Space Brothers on AIT sometime in 2017!

Kaycee7:

My first encounter with sub was when another friend got a copy of the late great Satoshi Kon's Tokyo Godfathers. Of course, we were way too young to appreciate such greatness and since there was no fighting action like we were used to, we basically just let it play in the background. Every now and then, I'd follow the subtitles, being the bookworm I was. One line from the movie even stuck with me. Hana's "Shit I'll take but fart is where I draw the line" Pre-teen me thought that was hilarious. Adult me still does.

Lucky you, getting to watch Tokyo Godfathers at such a young age. You were spoiled at a young age and didn't even realise it.

Kaycee7:

Fast forward years later, after the end of Avatar the Last Airbender, everyone was getting into this new cartoon called Naruto. Took a while getting into it but once I did, and coinciding with my new access to mobile internet, I'd discover an online fanbase and learn that these Japanese-speaking cartoons and even the English-dubbed once I'd previously watched were actually called anime.
From there I'd go on to discover many other shows and, once my action series phase was over, delve deeper into anime and the anime community.
And here we are today and I don't see an end to this relationship in sight.

This is where my anime journey took a huge detour. You see, my parents had gotten the idea that cable tv was making our grades suffer (tbf they may have been right), so they took away our TV privileges while the school session was on. I basically missed out on the entire Last Airbender gravy train which was another low-key gateway into the anime world fir a lot of people. Even worse, some kids were already talking about Naruto that point and comparing it with Last Airbender and I couldn't contribute.

I survived on webcomics and sheer will power until 2013 when I bought my first Bleach DVD. Moving forward, the BlackBerry internet subscription and getting into the university were also huge turning points in my anime journey. At my best, I could consume a one -cour season in a single day.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 12:29pm On Feb 03
Obito vs Konan

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 12:30pm On Feb 03
🫱🏻‍🫲🏼🫱🏻‍🫲🏼

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 5:01pm On Feb 03
CoolUsername:

There must have been a small weeb infiltration in Nigerian broadcasting at some point in the 90s because they really seemed to like pushing their favourite anime on us. I still vividly remember them showing Space Brothers on AIT sometime in 2017!

Somebody at ETv really had to be a Pokemon fan cos it couldn't just be coincidence that they ran Gotta Catch Em All, The Jhoto Journeys and 3 Pokemon movies on multiple occasions. It was definitely an agenda to create more Pokemon fans.

Lucky you, getting to watch Tokyo Godfathers at such a young age. You were spoiled at a young age and didn't even realise it.

It was still an educational experience. Hana was not only the first trans character I watched but basically the first time I was seeing the word "transvestite". Had to look up that one in the dictionary.

This is where my anime journey took a huge detour. You see, my parents had gotten the idea that cable tv was making our grades suffer (tbf they may have been right), so they took away our TV privileges while the school session was on. I basically missed out on the entire Last Airbender gravy train which was another low-key gateway into the anime world fir a lot of people. Even worse, some kids were already talking about Naruto that point and comparing it with Last Airbender and I couldn't contribute.

I survived on webcomics and sheer will power until 2013 when I bought my first Bleach DVD. Moving forward, the BlackBerry internet subscription and getting into the university were also huge turning points in my anime journey. At my best, I could consume a one -cour season in a single day.
Would've actually watched more anime in my Uni days if someone had informed me that I wouldn't have such free time on my hands again for a long, long time. Instead I ended up building quite the backlog. In fairness, my backlog doubled when I got into drama, romcom, slice of life and CGDCT and that wasn't until around my final year.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani6666: 7:39pm On Feb 03
Episode 21

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 9:59pm On Feb 03
Kaycee7:

Would've actually watched more anime in my Uni days if someone had informed me that I wouldn't have such free time on my hands again for a long, long time. Instead I ended up building quite the backlog. In fairness, my backlog doubled when I got into drama, romcom, slice of life and CGDCT and that wasn't until around my final year.

Fr. There's no time to watch anything anymore and I live pretty far away from work, so by the time I get back from the office there just isn't any good time slot to watch anime. I follow a lot of manga, though. However, I don't necessarily read stuff that are in the conversation, so I tend to fall behind.

Ngl, when I went for that convention back in December, I sometimes felt like a dinosaur. Like one time when I was taking about good female villains and I mentioned Ragyo and Medusa, the folks I was talking to were like "huh?". I also remember comparing Chainsaw Man to Fire Punch and then not knowing Fire Punch.

One day I will go on leave and I'll binge the f**k out of my backlog
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 11:28am On Feb 04
CoolUsername:

Ngl, when I went for that convention back in December, I sometimes felt like a dinosaur. Like one time when I was taking about good female villains and I mentioned Ragyo and Medusa, the folks I was talking to were like "huh?". I also remember comparing Chainsaw Man to Fire Punch and then not knowing Fire Punch.

One day I will go on leave and I'll binge the f**k out of my backlog
Had a similar issue with Nigerian anime groups, save for one.
It was like they were perennially stuck in their beginner/normie phase with zero plans or intentions to explore the medium any further.

It was the same conversations every time. Eventually it started to feel like they were acting out the same script. It was like they had this anime bible they took most of their opinions from and different or opposing opinions were not allowed to exist.

I've been trying to make a con since 2021, preferably Nerdwork's. Hopefully this will be the year.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 9:42pm On Feb 04
⬇️⬇️

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 9:43pm On Feb 04
😪😪

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 9:44pm On Feb 04
Training °°

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 9:45pm On Feb 04
🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 9:45pm On Feb 04
🎂🎂

(1) (2) (3) ... (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) ... (754) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.