Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (751) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (693016 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers βœ”οΈβœ”οΈ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by lexrichy(m): 7:38am On Mar 19
Who will win

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 10:15am On Mar 19
Samui πŸ«±πŸ»β€πŸ«²πŸΌ

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by NoonMasamune: 5:03pm On Mar 21
This is the best argument against pre shippuden shino I have ever seen lmao. Kishi should have included him in the Sasuke retrieval mission

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 2:22pm On Mar 22
Confirmed for this year. Now we just need to know which season. My money says it airs in the Summer season.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 9:47pm On Mar 22
Kaycee7:
Confirmed for this year. Now we just need to know which season. My money says it airs in the Summer season.

Paru Itagaki is the best thing the Baki's mangaka ever made
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Ed2023: 6:33am On Mar 23
Miku (heion sedai no idaten tachi) with normal color palette.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 8:29am On Mar 23
CoolUsername:

Paru Itagaki is the best thing the Baki's mangaka ever made
Keisuke would definitely agree with this statement
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Thegamingorca(m): 1:20pm On Mar 23
CoolUsername:
🚨🚨

Lmfao
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 2:43pm On Mar 23
πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by mrMeen(m): 7:37pm On Mar 23
Freiren beyond journey's end has come to an end. Shoutout to one of the best anime adaptations that I've ever seen, as well as one of the most earnest stories ever told. I will be keenly waiting for the announcement of the second season soonest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Thegamingorca(m): 1:52am On Mar 24
Solo levelling episode 1 1

grin
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by DieRich5: 2:57am On Mar 24
Time to start Solo Leveling, base on EPs 11
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 11:30am On Mar 24
Peak reloaded ⬇️⬇️

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 11:43am On Mar 26
mrMeen:
Freiren beyond journey's end has come to an end. Shoutout to one of the best anime adaptations that I've ever seen, as well as one of the most earnest stories ever told. I will be keenly waiting for the announcement of the second season soonest.
Really can't wait for season 2. This was an absolutely beautiful experience. All 28 episodes.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by mrMeen(m): 11:02pm On Mar 26
Kaycee7:
Really can't wait for season 2. This was an absolutely beautiful experience. All 28 episodes.
definitely I hope they are wonderful as the first season, and the same production team returns for the second one.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Najdorf: 3:37am On Mar 27
Kaycee7:
Really enjoyed this show.

I could do without the constant Himmel scenes though. I think I got the point in the first 10 episodes grin
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 2:00pm On Mar 27
πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 3:33pm On Mar 30
First episode of KonoSuba S3 leaked yesterday. Slime S3 starts airing today. The season of peak is officially off to a start

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Najdorf: 3:52pm On Mar 30
Kaycee7:
First episode of KonoSuba S3 leaked yesterday. Slime S3 starts airing today. The season of peak is officially off to a start
Maybe it's time to catch up with three years of Slime manga
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Erenjp: 2:33pm On Mar 31
Solo Levelling ....... 5.5/10

If I had to describe this show in a single phrase, it is "power fantasy and nothing else".

The show doesn't hide what it is. It just focuses on a character who goes from being the weakest Hunter to being the strongest Hunter. Nothing else in-between matters.

Character writing is non-existent. You could as well delete all the other characters from the show and almost nothing will change.
Every other character apart from the MC is as basic as they come...
They are just stereotypes with no personality...
Any level of importance they have is only for the MC's benefit...
Thus every other character suffers as a result.

Worldbuilding is also quite disappointing. I'm not a fan of the R P G world elements...but it can be done right for instance F r i e r e n
In this show's case, even the few aspects of the world that could be somewhat interesting is given so little screentime since the entire story must always revolve around the MC.
12 episodes and yet they couldn't even do anything with the political elements introduced within the show...

Story?...there is no story....
monsters of the week
Every episode is the same. MC takes video game type quests and fights in dungeons...survives and gain better abilities....rinse and repeat...

Fights....
This is only somewhat good thing about it...the fight scenes are good...however since they lack any emotional attachment and it's mostly just monsters the MC keeps fighting, there is no impact.
It's just like watching someone kill AI monsters in a video game for hours....
It gets boring really fast...

Just as I compared how it handled it's R P G world to F r i e r e n, I'll also compare how it handles combat to Jujutsu Kaisen.

Jujutsu Kaisen excels because it's story and character writing are conveyed through it's fights. Characters learn through fights, characters grow through fights. The plot moves forward through fights...
That way each fight is actually impactful to the story...

In Solo Levelling it is quite the opposite. It is mostly just fights with random monsters with reward of levelling up.
The few moments of character growth in fighting revolve only around the MC since every other character in the show might as well not be called characters...

Another difference with JJK is that JJK has a well thought out power system.
In Solo Levelling, it's all about the MC levelling up and unlocking random skills to use against the next monsters of the week he fights.

To round up, I didn't expect much story from the show...but I was still disappointed.
The few moments or bits of the world that actually piqued my interest were quickly sidelined in 30 seconds conversations between side characters...all in favour of watching the MC fight the next random monster in the next random dungeon

Truly one of the anime of all time to be quickly forgotten until the next season airs and people watch for fight scenes again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 7:35pm On Mar 31
Foinal Episode

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Najdorf: 6:37am On Apr 01
Erenjp:

If I had to describe this show in a single phrase, it is "power fantasy and nothing else".

The show doesn't hide what it is. It just focuses on a character who goes from being the weakest Hunter to being the strongest Hunter. Nothing else in-between matters.

Character writing is non-existent. You could as well delete all the other characters from the show and almost nothing will change.

Worldbuilding is also quite disappointing. I'm not a fan of the R P G world elements...but it can be done right for instance F r i e r e n
In this show's case, even the few aspects of the world that could be somewhat interesting is given so little screentime since the entire story must always revolve around the MC.
12 episodes and yet they couldn't even do anything with the political elements introduced within the show...

monsters of the week
Every episode is the same. MC takes video game type quests and fights in dungeons...survives and gain better abilities....rinse and repeat...

Fights....
This is only somewhat good thing about it...the fight scenes are good...however since they lack any emotional attachment and it's mostly just monsters the MC keeps fighting, there is no impact.

Just as I compared how it handled it's R P G world to F r i e r e n, I'll also compare how it handles combat to Jujutsu Kaisen.

Jujutsu Kaisen excels because it's story and character writing are conveyed through it's fights. Characters learn through fights, characters grow through fights. The plot moves forward through fights...

In Solo Levelling it is quite the opposite. It is mostly just fights with random monsters with reward of levelling up.
The few moments of character growth in fighting revolve only around the MC since every other character in the show might as well not be called characters...

In Solo Levelling, it's all about the MC levelling up and unlocking random skills to use against the next monsters of the week he fights.

To round up, I didn't expect much story from the show...but I was still disappointed.
The few moments or bits of the world that actually piqued my interest were quickly sidelined in 30 seconds conversations between side characters...all in favour of watching the MC fight the next random monster in the next random dungeon

Truly one of the anime of all time to be quickly forgotten until the next season airs and people watch for fight scenes again
I actually really enjoyed Solo Levelling. I've never read the source material but I could tell the anime was very well done

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 12:03pm On Apr 02
Erenjp:

monsters of the week

Fights....

All things considered, 5.5 is a pretty generous score. I dropped the manhwa after watching the MC go "it's leveling time" and solo level all over random scrubs for 62 chapters. The pretty pictures can only hold your attention for so long.

At least God of Highschool was funny, Solo Levelling is like Pringles Original in a Hot & Spicy container

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 2:09pm On Apr 03
When you are a manga reader trying to discuss the show with anime-onlies

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by kkins25(m): 4:15pm On Apr 03
Erenjp:

monsters of the week

Fights....

This is what we want to be seeing here..

I completely agree with this... The graphics are good, fight scenes amazing, but story line sucks. It's not immersive at all...

I am wachting RE:Zero right now...
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 5:36pm On Apr 03
πŸ«±πŸ»β€πŸ«²πŸΌπŸ«±πŸ»β€πŸ«²πŸΌ

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 5:36pm On Apr 03
Hmm πŸ€”

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 12:42pm On Apr 04
Careful what you wish for

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 3:51pm On Apr 04
Kaycee7:
Careful what you wish for

Sauce?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 4:14pm On Apr 04
Baddestguyp:

Sauce?
Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 1:29pm On Apr 05
Well deserved 🀝

Continuing the good work of Attack on Titan

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 4:27pm On Apr 06
Baddestguyp:
Well deserved 🀝

Continuing the good work of Attack on Titan

Legendary? Well, the Shibuya arc definitely was.

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.