Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,072 members, 7,811,010 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (693157 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers ✔️✔️ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 5:15pm On May 22, 2019
Kaycee7:
What about Castlevania, RWBY and Chinese animes?

Castlevania was animated by Frederator studios in American. Also, the original dub is in English. So, not an anime.

RWBY was created by Monty Oum (press F to pay respects) in America before it was picked up by RoosterTeeth (also in America). The original dub is in English so it's not an anime. However, it does have a manga, meaning it would be fair game for discussion in anime circles.

Chinese anime are just that: Chinese anime. Nobody talks about anime and thinks about a Chinese one.

However, I believe that they are part of the family, along with South Korean animation, Hong Kong animation, manhua, manhwa, webtoons and the like. Simply because, if they can't be discussed in anime circles, where would they be discussed? Western animation, on the other hand have plenty of spaces for discussion so I don't see why anime spaces have to be one of them.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 5:22pm On May 22, 2019
IMAliyu:
If you've got too much happiness in your life and need a little bit of depression.
I would recommend Oyasumi punpun (goodnight punpun). A beautifully drawn manga with a well written story.
This thing left me feeling empty and depressed for three days after finishing it. One of the most relatable characters and realest world I've ever read. Drama and romance were never my thing and still aren't only God knows why I continued reading this, but Damn that art looks good.
I wonder if this will ever get an anime adaptation.

Reeeeeee. I downloaded all the chapters off Anidl on a whim one day, just waiting for the holidays to read it. Would it really crush my soul or is it all hype?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 6:57pm On May 22, 2019
CoolUsername:

Castlevania was animated by Frederator studios in American. Also, the original dub is in English. So, not an anime.

RWBY was created by Monty Oum (press F to pay respects) in America before it was picked up by RoosterTeeth (also in America). The original dub is in English so it's not an anime. However, it does have a manga, meaning it would be fair game for discussion in anime circles.

Chinese anime are just that: Chinese anime. Nobody talks about anime and thinks about a Chinese one.

However, I believe that they are part of the family, along with South Korean animation, Hong Kong animation, manhua, manhwa, webtoons and the like. Simply because, if they can't be discussed in anime circles, where would they be discussed? Western animation, on the other hand have plenty of spaces for discussion so I don't see why anime spaces have to be one of them.
The location argument doesn't really stand these days. Anime doesn't have to be made in Japan or by a Japanese company or have initial Japanese VA to be considered anime. Castlevania is anime without argument. This is the first time I'm seeing anyone imply that Castlevania isn't anime.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 7:30pm On May 22, 2019
Kaycee7:
The location argument doesn't really stand these days. Anime doesn't have to be made in Japan or by a Japanese company or have initial Japanese VA to be considered anime. Castlevania is anime without argument. This is the first time I'm seeing anyone imply that Castlevania isn't anime.

How Is Castlevania an anime? What is your definition of anime?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Harddiskng(m): 8:32pm On May 22, 2019
Airyprince:
wtf just happened here

Please whats the name of this anime?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 9:06pm On May 22, 2019
CoolUsername:

How Is Castlevania an anime? What is your definition of anime?
Any animated work that follows the template and/or art style pioneered by Japanese studios.
Castlevania fits perfectly in this category
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 22, 2019
Kaycee7:
Chibaku tensei fall on you. Name 2 cartoons better than anime.
Samurai Jack
I can keep saying but you asked for 2
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 11:00pm On May 22, 2019
Kaycee7:
Any animated work that follows the template and/or art style pioneered by Japanese studios.
Castlevania fits perfectly in this category

By that logic, is Totally Spies an anime?

Is Ping-Pong the animation an anime?

Is Big O an anime?

What about Panty and Stocking?

Or Pop Team Epic?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by donielord(m): 11:25pm On May 22, 2019
IMAliyu:
Isekai quartet.
Tankio
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu(m): 12:10am On May 23, 2019
CoolUsername:

Reeeeeee. I downloaded all the chapters off Anidl on a whim one day, just waiting for the holidays to read it. Would it really crush my soul or is it all hype?
more of "what am i doing with my life and living for?" And "this world is unforgiving" at least from my experience, but i kinda enjoyed the bittersweet story.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 5:09am On May 23, 2019
CoolUsername:

By that logic, is Totally Spies an anime?

Is Ping-Pong the animation an anime?

Is Big O an anime?

What about Panty and Stocking?

Or Pop Team Epic?
Yep. They all are. Totally Spies is actually the only one up for debate. The rest are irrefutably anime.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 5:11am On May 23, 2019
Nigg3369:

Samurai Jack
Avatar qualifies as anime. So name another to replace it.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Mark23(m): 6:16am On May 23, 2019
Kaycee7:
How the hell does Avatar qualify as anime
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2019
Mark23:

How the hell does Avatar qualify as anime
The art and animation style.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 7:35am On May 23, 2019
Kaycee7:
Yep. They all are. Totally Spies is actually the only one up for debate. The rest are irrefutably anime.

What?

But Panty and Stocking for example, doesn't use the anime art style that Japanese studios are known for.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 8:49am On May 23, 2019
CoolUsername:

What?

But Panty and Stocking for example, doesn't use the anime art style that Japanese studios are known for.
I don't know. It looks anime-esque to me, though.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 9:44am On May 23, 2019
Kaycee7:
No avatar was made by an American company and it's English based on chinese
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 9:45am On May 23, 2019
Kaycee7:
Generator rex
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 11:05am On May 23, 2019
Nigg3369:

Generator rex
Even anime for children like Bakugan shi1ts on Generator Rex. What's next? Ben 10? You're not even listing animated shows I was expecting
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 11:42am On May 23, 2019
Kaycee7:
Even anime for children like Bakugan shi1ts on Generator Rex. What's next? Ben 10? You're not even listing animated shows I was expecting

Bakugan was amazing I agree it's better
But What about megas xlr and symbiotic titans
Batman:brave and bold
Teen Titans
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu(m): 2:20pm On May 23, 2019
Manga shield bro is best naufumi.
The anime makes naufumi too soft.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by RX480(m): 8:28pm On May 23, 2019
IMAliyu:
Manga shield bro is best naufumi. The anime makes naufumi too soft.
He's like a villain in the novels according to those that have read it.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani6666: 9:02pm On May 23, 2019
RX480:

He's like a villain in the novels according to those that have read it.

Imagine Naofumi begging for their help in the last episode

Naofumi went form angry badass to panzy

No wonder the likes of Tanjiro has left Naofumi waay behind in the rankings

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani6666: 9:04pm On May 23, 2019
They took a break from the intensity this week...

comedic episode this week

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 9:08pm On May 23, 2019
Nigg3369:

Bakugan was amazing I agree it's better
But What about megas xlr and symbiotic titans
Batman:brave and bold
Teen Titans
I thought you'll be coming up with mature animated shows like South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons and The Bondoocks. Just look at the childish nonsensical nonsenses you're listing. You don't understand the first thing about anime. Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi fall on you. Death by a thousand cuts.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by RX480(m): 9:44pm On May 23, 2019
nani6666:

Imagine Naofumi begging for their help in the last episode

Naofumi went form angry badass to panzy

No wonder the likes of Tanjiro has left Naofumi waay behind in the rankings

Not only Naufumi, Raphtalia was supposed to stab the sh*t out of that fat noble and throw him out of the window, instead they did the classic "If I kill, I'm worse than the bad guy"
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Arthurity1(m): 9:47pm On May 23, 2019
Nigg3369:

Samurai Jack
Please just stop... So that was the best you could mention? It's like you brought a razor blade to a tank fight.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 23, 2019
Kaycee7:
I thought you'll be coming up with mature animated shows like South Park, Family Guy, The Simpsons and The Bondoocks. Just look at the childish nonsensical nonsenses you're listing. You don't understand the first thing about anime. Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi fall on you. Death by a thousand cuts.

Ok then, everything you mentioned is dope and all especially south park and family guy but you forgot American Dad, futurama, rick and Morty, robot chicken, Mr pickles, bojack horseman, king of the hill, brickle Berry and many more, how bout we make a group about these adult cartoons
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 23, 2019
IMAliyu:
Manga shield bro is best naufumi.
The anime makes naufumi too soft.
So true but where are you in the manga I stopped at the giant turtle and where they thought the other heroes died but haven't found their bodies yet
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Mark23(m): 5:53am On May 24, 2019
Kaycee7:
The art and animation style.
Avatar may have been influenced by anime, but it's not one.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Mark23(m): 5:55am On May 24, 2019
Arthurity1:

Please just stop... So that was the best you could mention? It's like you brought a razor blade to a tank fight.
So samurai jack and Avatar are shit in your opinion or what
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Arthurity1(m): 8:15am On May 24, 2019
Mark23:

So samurai jack and Avatar are shit in your opinion or what
I didn't say that they were shit... But you can't compare them to animes

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (754) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.