Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

An Open Letter To APGA National Party Chairman. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To APGA National Party Chairman. (380 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Kenneth Udeze, Action Alliance National Party Chairman In Abuja / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V / Atiku Speaks On Decamping From PDP To APGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To APGA National Party Chairman. by MBAISEBLOG: 3:11pm On Apr 10, 2017
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE NATIONAL CHAIRMAN OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES GRAND ALLIANCE (APGA), CHIEF VICTOR IKE OYE, ON THE STATE OF THE PARTY IN AHIAZU MBAISE, IMO STATE.
APRIL, 02,2017.

Mr. Chairman, given that this is my first letter to you, let me begin by congratulating you on your election as National Chairman of our great party. True members of our party have never been oblivious of your mettle and the confidence which it inspires, and a great number of us draw motivation to commit to APGA anew, because by the direction you chose upon election as our party’s helmsman, our fidelity to the party, which had gone faint and frail, was rekindled. Those that were on their way out of the party quickly came back. Those that already left the party gradually began to return. So, I congratulate you and pay special tribute to your humility, sagacity and dedication to the cherished ideals of party politics and internal party democracy thereof.
Mr. Chairman, recall that your mission, as you espoused and professed, is, in part, to ensure that APGA regains its vibrancy, vigour, inclusiveness and requisite credibility in order to beat all other political parties in Nigeria from Councillorship to Presidency. If this compass which you set still orders your political actions and commitments, APGA in Ahiazu Mbaise L.G.A. of Imo State now puts that to test.
Sir, let me start by saying this: There is no APGA in Ahiazu Mbaise. The party, in principle and in practice, does not exist. The party has no structure, no Ward Executives, no L.G.A. Executive, no visibility, no meetings, no life. I have been in APGA for over a decade, but not even once have I seen an age darker than this in the life of the party in Ahiazu Mbaise. Even when the infamous Governor of the State, Mr. Rochas Okorocha, left APGA and declared APGA dead, we still proved him wrong by standing firm and organizing ourselves, even with our personal resources. I completely deplore the silence of the hierarchy of our great party over the plight of APGA in Ahiazu Mbaise. If there is a Chairman, nobody knows, because nobody has been made to know and nobody presents himself as one. This scenario has made majority of our party members defect to other parties. Some others have simply developed cynicism, even despair.
Mr. Chairman, I implore you to kindly wade in and bring APGA back to Ahiazu Mbaise. We fully realize that APGA is not just an ordinary political party; it is the identity of the Igbo nation. It is the surest vehicle for our social regeneration, political emancipation, economic resurgence and overall development. Allowing APGA to die in Ahiazu Mbaise therefore means a tacit exclusion of Ahiazu Mbaise from the ideals towards which the Igbo nation aspires. This situation must be reversed, and the time is now.
I wish you more grace and wisdom as you paddle the affairs of our great party and enjoin you never to rest in yours oars.
Thanks.
Signed:
Chief (Dr.) James Okere
An Aggrieved APGA Party Stalwart.

(1) (Reply)

Alleged N3.2bn Fraud: Court Admits Heritage Bank Documents Against Orji Kalu, Ot / Sacked NNPC MD, Esther Nnamdi-ogbue Owns The $50m Found By EFCC – Source / El-rufai To Dogara: I Don’t Have Security Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.