Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro (49521 Views)

Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euros / See Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by selfmadeboss: 12:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
Can this thing go back to 600
Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by wink2015(m): 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
Nigeria is finished economically! Nothing can save us from this economic meltdown our GOOD-FOR-NOTHING past leaders put us.

They never planned for the raining days. They were spending money recklessly and investing on elephant project that has no bearing on the daily livelihood of the people. I could recollect when former finance minister under President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Dr Ngozi Okonji Iweala was warning governors about their wastefulness and planlessness the governors went on a media frenzy attacking her but what is the situation today. These governors were asking for money from the excess crude account to be shared to them. But today, the nation is bleeding from their action.

Now it is payback time for Nigeria!

All our budget is built on oil revenue and oil price is not stable in the international market. Oil today, is going pendulum rise today and fall tomorrow but our fulani-born president in the person of President Muhammadu Buhari still believes the only way he can build Nigeria economy is to fight corruption and wait for oil revenue to develop Nigeria. What a risk he is taking as a leader! Buhari can not make a success out of oil earnings alone. A commodity that militant in the Niger delta are prepared to strike on at the slightest provocation.

The federal government must hurriedly tap into other sectors of the economy especially agriculture.

It is high time President Buhari invest in Agriculture to grow the Nigeria economy.

Greater emphasis must be put into synegising the skills and productivity of the youth to tap the gains from Agriculture. Our youth especially university, polytechnic and college of education graduate must be trained or retrained to diversify into agriculture.

Does it not surprise us that the cost of food stuff in the market is very expensive.

Take for example, garri which is one of the staple food eating mostly in southern Nigeria. Garri now is N1,000 ( One Thousand Naira ) for a basket.

Why will the price of garri not go high when there are only few people that are going into farming? We have all left farming for the older mama and older papa in the village.

Many young men and women who just left tertiary institution wants to work in company office where Airconditioner will be blowing them round the clock.

Nobody want to go to farming. I think government in Nigeria at the federal, state and local government can change the wrong perception of farming in Nigeria in other to drive more young people into farming. This perception can be change by establishing capital intensive farm equipped with state of the art technology, tractors, fertilizers, vehicles, electricity, satelite dish, walkie talkie etc

Nigeria should rely less on importation of food from overseas and strive to grow our own food back at home. We should invest in Agro-allied industry to convert the finished product from the farm into ready-to-use or ready-to-eat product and such product will eventually find their way to the market and other shopping malls such as shoprite etc

I was delighted to read of the partnership between the government of Lagos state and Kebbi state which lead to the cultivation of rice that is Lakeland rice.

Similar partnership can be harnessed in other state in Nigeria. I want to see Edo state and Delta state go into partnership to develop their Agricultural potentials in plantain farming etc. It is not only waiting for oil revenue coming from the federation account in Abuja but state should look inward to develop their potentials. What stop Bayelsa state with their massive rivers and a people with interest in fishing from developing fisheries, prawn farming, crab farming, periwinkle farming etc

It is very risky for the government of Nigeria and its people to put their hope on crude oil revenue. Big oil money that we use to have in the past that was wasted by past military and civilian government can hardly be gotten these days. So our ministers and policy maker in the senate, house of representatives and the civil society should stop making analysis that we can bounce back to a greater economy through oil.

If I was President Buhari, I will change from Minister of Petroleum to Minister of Agriculture. Petroleum days are gradually winding out. The american who use to buy our oil are no longer interested in the products as the american are even exporting oil to europe.

The indians are not reliable when it comes to payment. So how much money can Nigeria make exporting crude to india.

Our governors in northern states that have massive land should stop dreaming of oil and go straight to massive Agriculture as it is only way they can survive this hard times we all are faced with in Nigeria.

To add to the gains of Agriculture, we must invest in the solid mineral sectors, information technology sectors, power sectors etc to bring in more revenue to our national, state and local government treasury

Government in Nigeria must not leave the fight against corruption to President Buhari or the federal government, states and local government in Nigeria must get involve in the anti-corruption crusade. Corruption is one of the biggest cause of the problem successive government in Nigeria had faced and it keeps growing by the day with more stories of looting by politicians and their cronies.

EFCC, ICPC, the Nigeria police and other law enforcement agencies must be strenghtened to fight corruption. Our national institution must be strenghtened to developed and achieve greater height.

Employment must be generated for the youth, it is sad to see our youth roam the streets of Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Warri, Kaduna, Kano, etc in search of illusive jobs.

It is worthy to state here that the government of President Buhari has just woken up to realisation that there is a need to set up a national database for unemployed people in Nigeria which they did by setting up the website which can be assessed here https://www.jobsforall.ng

I think that will go along way in helping government to find a platform to plan for our youth that form a greater population of the unemployed in Nigeria.

Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by AreaFada2: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
ok
Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by ayobanksemma: 12:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Authoreety:
pls i don't want to know d exchange!

what I wanna know is wen it will start having effects on our market prices

oginidi?
abi o!!!d price of everytin is just going up,even bride price!!!

1 Like

Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by dragonking3: 12:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
redsun:

Naira was 625 to a pound in mid February,what is the rate today? How much was the price of cement in February and how much is it now?

I don't read bullshot, i follow the rhythm as someone involved.
What about the dollar. How much was it at the parallel market before Buhari came back and how much is it now?
Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by opara28(m): 12:49pm On Apr 11, 2017
In Nigeria, cost of goods dnt go down when they are already up..instead dey find means of increasing or maintaining that particular price....smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by refreshrate: 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2017
mykl01:

You think this is 1984?
Go ahead and use DSS to force $ down.
Has it not been tried before?

You hear say person name Na glorified and you refuse to read meaning to it?

1 Like

Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by Bimbomartins(m): 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
What body is responsible for market price regulation in Nigeria
And why is price of commodities still boomeranginghere in cross river even cassava by products has doubled price ordinary garri! Cement 3000 as at last week.
Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
247frolicboss:
Today's Naira Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

SOURCE: http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/04/todays-naira-rate-against-dollar-pounds.html

Thanks OP. But expect a shock before Friday. Pls in case you have dollar, I advise you sell them off, so you wouldn't fall victim of wrong speculation. Pls check the link below. My bank has just confirmed it's authenticity.

https://www.nairaland.com/3734808/cbn-opens-special-forex-window
Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by omoskenso(m): 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2017
softboiy:
bring your paypal 380/$
Do you do ebay checkout?
Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by DorisK(f): 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
Chisos! I thought they said the tin has fallen
Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by akaahs(m): 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
NovusHomo:

Kaduna no dey Nigeria again bah? grin
yes, kaduna no dey inside Nigeria. Do u wana follow me?
Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by LANDLORD72: 4:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
I have said it before government intervention of the naira can not be sustain for a long time. The cabal will swallow the dollar up to hide their loot example paris fund is no where now
Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by NovusHomo(m): 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
akaahs:

yes, kaduna no dey inside Nigeria. Do u wana follow me?

NO. You are OYO (on your own) grin grin
Re: Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro by Zdoh(m): 6:46pm On Jan 14, 2018
ZiDOHEXCHANGE®

BUYING / SELLING

>>Bitcoin

>>Payoneer

>>Paypal

>>Skrill

>>Neteller

Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer and iwriter withdrawal services available @attractive rate

Instant payment guarantee.

Whatsapp ☎️__ +2348088759163

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Anambra Billionaires Who Started From Onitsha And Built National Brands / CBN Sets N50,000 As Daily Limit On Contactless Payments / Austin Russell Is Forbes Youngest Self-Made Billionaire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.