Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

10 Constant Things Despite The “CHANGE” Era For Every Nigerian Living In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Constant Things Despite The “CHANGE” Era For Every Nigerian Living In Nigeria (443 Views)

A New Era For Nigeria: Foreign Nations Build Lasting Relationship With Tinubu. / ''Atiku Can’t Bring The Change Nigeria Needs'' — Oby Ezekwesili / ‘Very Soon Atiku Will Land In Aso Rock And Change The Change’ – Ben Murray-bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Constant Things Despite The “CHANGE” Era For Every Nigerian Living In Nigeria by Ordinary9jaGuy(m): 10:46am On Apr 11, 2017
10 Constant things despite the “CHANGE” era for every Nigerian Living in Nigeria

This is one list that will definitely have many people murmuring about “how true” and applicable it is to their lives as Nigerians. I just woke up this morning after having a dream of drinking pure water all night (despite holding the pure water in my hand before dozing off) and this title hit me. So let’s get started and see if this list applies to every Nigerian or some Nigerians

1. Never expect Power (Electricity) when you most need it: This is a natural phenomenon for most Nigerians. So many acronyms have been given to the abbreviations of our Electricity sector like NEPA (Never Expect Power Always), PHCN (Please Hold Candle Now or Persistently Hoarding Current in Naija) and so much more. Imagine, the area I live only gives 30 minutes of light in a day (We only rush to pump water for domestic use and don’t bother about putting on the home entertainment system afterwards) and probably when one of their operatives that is high on “Ruffie” decides to be generous, they leave it for about 2hours+ (It is never up to 3 hours, NEVER!).

2. Believe Government Promises Made at your own Peril: Yeah, I know many would say “This is quite unpatriotic” but this is the reality we are faced with in this country. If you love yourself and know that you don’t want to risk having a premature heart attack or an unannounced BP, get your mind away from the promises made by the government until they are actually fulfilled (Or partially fulfilled till they transfer it to the next administration).

3. When Dollar goes Up, Everything Goes Up (I mean EVERYTHING!!!): Imagine where value of dollar affects the price of local pap (Ogi)?! I was in shock when I asked to purchase a wrap or 2 from my local vendor who then said 1 wrap now goes for N50 from N20. And to make matters worse, the fermented water that was given away for free before now is only given when you buy a N100 worth of pap… Like seriously?! This is one area that the government really needs to tackle (But we know they won’t) as it affects transportation, production, housing, education, feeding and so much more.

4. Always expect to be Ripped Off by Your Mobile Network Carrier (Always): Have you ever woken up one beautiful morning after saying your prayers and then you pick up your mobile phone to check your “flashing” Balance, only to realize that it has been deducted for an offer you never even knew existed? Yeah, that offer to receive latest entertainment Gossips, Football Updates, Know the Bible verses, Polish your English… the list is endless. And the worst part is that, when you now call the customer service center they keep you waiting for so long (so you will be so frustrated that you just drop the call and forget it happened… Lai lai, not Me) and when they eventually put you through to speak to one of them, then this happens… The network decides to Varnish from your phone and then the call cuts you off.

5. Your Mobile data is always lesser than what you subscribed for (No Matter the Mobile Network): All these networks, you all think Nigerians don’t know that they are not getting their money’s worth each time they subscribe to a mobile data subscription? We know but we don’t have an option because broadband services and their prices can chase man back to his village so we settle for your “Day Light Robbery” data services.

6. Corruption exist still but only the Poor Man with no Connection gets Punished: Yes, the President and his team of “Broda-Corruption” fighters are always announcing how many millions and billions of dollars recovered but never have we heard of them putting or sentencing any of these political rogues to prison or to death? But see the case of a 23 years old boy who stole an LG phone of N87000 and was sentenced to death by hanging and no one is doing anything about that. The case of fighting corruption in Nigeria is mostly playing lip service to the masses and not taking the bull by the horns.

7. Nigerians are Broke But there are always queues at every ATMs in Nigeria: This one is quite hilarious because I have found myself in this situation where I called a friend up to “roger me” because I had not eaten a decent meal all day but he said he was broke. And as my guy now, I believed he was so I stood up to go dust the remaining N500 in my gtb account. As I was walking about looking for an ATM that paid N500 denomination, I sighted my guy lined up on a queue at one of the ATM stands and I thought to myself “No be this guy wey say him no get money be dis. If he no get, so wetin e dey withdraw? His Sins!

8. Government worker’s Salaries (Most Private workers too) are always paid 1st week of the new month: This is a known fact and it only changed briefly when Buhari surprised Federal Government Workers last year when he paid salaries between the 22nd and 25th days of the month and that didn’t last for long before Nigeria plunged into recession. The same practice has also been imbibed by some private companies too and I wonder why Solidarity Chants aren’t being used in areas that it is needed?!

9. GSM is over 15years in Nigeria and still, the digging of roads continues: This is an eyesore practice that even the government (especially the Local Government) of the day encourages and it isn’t helping the durability and longevity of our roads. A newly paved road that leads to my area (although my house is located further inward but…) where jerry-can wheeling water carriers now enjoy using has been defaced by these monstrous multinationals all in the name of laying GSM network pipes (And to think it’s the same abokis they will use to do the digging… what an irony).

10. Every Political administration will never cease to have Unfulfilled points Agenda: As each administration come into power, they come will their own political 3 to 2022 point agenda. My question is “Why can’t they just have one point agenda “ELECTRICITY or POWER GENERATION” and tackle that for the next 4 years and see it through. With such an achievement, let’s now see if they run for office to go another 4 more years whether their party won't record a landslide victory in all regions of Nigeria (I swear, I can bet anything cos me sef go campaign for them).

Here is my list and I hope you can relate to one or more conditions listed therein. Feel free to add yours and drop a comment, like my blog and drop by for more interesting reads. Thank you.

Visit my Blog [url]ordinary9jaguy.bogspot.com[/url]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-SEhQFxnGN34/VTvQVukfKAI/AAAAAAAAI0U/TKoiJ6VNqRISYRO7My7yFHVwEcCJPVgpQCPcB/s320/9ja%2Bguyngalbreak.png[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Ayade Mourns Victims Of Viewing Centre Tragedy. / Saraki, El-rufai Instigated Buhari Not To Pick Me As VP – Tinubu / COOU Lecturer Expressed His Opinion Concerning NK Bail Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.