Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! (11977 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters In Aso Rock (Throwback Pic) / Maryam Abacha & Her Grandchildren (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by OEO: 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2009
From Aisha Wakaso in Minna, 12.30.2009
Thisday Newspaper 30.12.2009

Former First Lady, Mrs Maryam Babangida, was buried in the early hours of this morning beside the mosque at the family compound, Minna, Niger State.

Her husband and former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), could not contain his emotions as prayers were being said for the deceased.

He wept as the Chief Imam of the Minna Central Mosque, Ibrahim Fari, prayed for the repose of the soul of Maryam.
He was consoled by former head of state, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, who patted him on the back.

Widespread reports that she would be buried today might have forced the family to bury her earlier in order to curtail the influx of sympathisers to the venue.

The corpse arrived Minna at 11.45 pm, accompanied by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Alhaji Ahmed Yayale, who led the Federal Government delegation.

Others who accompanied the body are Minister of Sports, Alhaji Sani Ndanusa, son-in-law of the deceased and Zamfara State Governor, Alhaji Aliyu Shinkafi, and Maryam's second son, Aminu.

Islamic prayers commenced at 12.45am, led by the Chief Imam of the Minna Central Mosque.
Her body was finally lowered into the grave at 12.55am, amidst chants of "La illa ill Allah!", meaning: "There is no God but Allah".
IBB was accompanied to the graveside by Yayale and former head of state, General Abdulsalami Abubakar.

A family member told THISDAY Maryam was buried late into the night because security operatives might not have been able to handle the crowd of sympatisers.

Even then, the crowd that stayed late into the night was sizeable as sympathisers gathered in anticipation of the burial following the setting-up of floodlights and the digging of a grave by the mosque.

Her body was brought in through the back gate because of the crowd that had gathered outside the front gate to the compound.
Babangida had arrived Minna International Airport yesterday in a private aircraft without the remains of his wife.

He was in tears as friends and associates came to receive him, on his arrival from the US via Germany in a DASSULT Aviation Aircraft with registration number CS-DPF. He disembarked from the aircraft at 5.45 pm.

Babangida, dressed in a navy blue caftan, was accompanied by his first son, Mohammed, who was dressed in a black suit.
Before the arrival of the former president, his second son Aminu and his son-in-law Governor Shankafi, had boarded another private aircraft and left the airport for Abuja to bring the corpse to Minna in an air ambulance.

Those who received Babangida at the airport included the Niger State Governor, Dr. Muazu Babangida Aliyu; Delta State Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan; Osun State Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola; former head of state, General Abubakar; and Chairman of THISDAY Newspapers, Mr. Nduka Obaigbena.

Others were former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Professor Chukwuma Soludo; Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim; former military governor of Lagos, Brig-Gen Raji Rasaki; former governor of old Anambra State Jim Nwobodo; Alhaji Aliko Dangote; and Brig-Gen Anthony Ukpo.

Also there were Umar Shankafi, Capt. Nogie Megason, Tayo Amusan, Governor of Kaduna State, Namadi Sambo, Brig-Gen John Shagaya, Chief Tony Anenih, wife of Kwara State Governor, Mrs Toyin Saraki, and former governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa.
Babangida’s wife died last Sunday at the age of 61 in the US after a long battle with ovarian cancer

As this old body goes for a final and definite rest. I want all 9ja so called "leaders" to know that "with nothing we came to this world and with nothing we shall all go one day.

Do what you know is right and beneficial to all and sundry while you are there.

It shall be well with 9ja! whether the devil likes it or not.

Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by Akuviv: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
Well said. I pray we all learn to make the most of the time we spend here on earth. Let's make everyday count, touch lives positively and above all fear and honour God while we live.
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by dolu2007(m): 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2009
Her body goes nowhere, only her soul does. Where it goes is the point.
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by teetee2224(f): 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2009
at this point, all humans should remember that we are accountable to our creator, as for me i know Jesus is coming soon, if you diw, where would u go?

Please think about that
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by showbobo(m): 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2009
r.i.p
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by Hairat007(f): 4:13pm On Dec 30, 2009
May her soul rest in perfect PEACE amin.

I pray IBB would be able 2 bear this great loss

AMIN. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by MAYOWAAK: 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2009
When Marayam Abacha also dies,I hope all the government officials,ministers,governors,ex-cbn governor and newspaper publisher will also be around to pay her their last respect.
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by ochukoccna: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2009
[size=18pt]SO IBB can cry too! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
@ least Marayam don meet with Dele Giwa & Gani since Monday!
Na IBB dem dey for wait now 2 settle their differences! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
[/size]
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by Kceelyn(f): 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2009
May her soul rest in perfect peace.Amen! To IBB n family,may Allah give u d fortitude to bear dis great/irreparable lost.

@ochukonaa,very funny!U shld b remorseful n not wishin her husband dead too!
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by Ajike: 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2009
mAY HER SOUL FIND ALUJNNAT.

MRS. YAR'DUA SHOULD LEARN FROM THIS. WE COME TO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING SO SHAL WE GO WITH NADDA. ENOUF 4 D WISE
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by r231(m): 4:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
May her soul rest in peace.It must have been a tough battle
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by becomrich16: 5:02pm On Dec 30, 2009
never say bad of the dead, may her soul rest in peace
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by ochukoccna: 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2009
Kceelyn:

May her soul rest in perfect peace.Amen! To IBB n family,may Allah give u d fortitude to bear dis great/irreparable lost.

@ochukonaa,very funny!U shld b remorseful n not wishin her husband dead too!
HYPOCRITE!
That's why Africa never progress.
Too many bootlickers abound everywhere.
Imagine getting all wholly eyed for a man who bastardized the destiny of millions and has NEVER OFFICIALLY REPENTED NOR SHOWN REMORSE.
Imagine tagging himself an EVIL GENIUS! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Shio!
Shed crocodile tears like IBB [your mentor] &OBJ did when Gani passed on!
It's only a matter of time before IBB gets a silver bullet in the mail with his name written on it!
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by mrsqueen: 5:11pm On Dec 30, 2009
someone in that picture resemble Yaradua. can someone see it ?
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by sunzie(m): 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2009
may her soul rest in perfect peace , amen
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by ochukoccna: 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ post, strip yourselves of cultural self delusion and call a spade a spade not an agricultural implement! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Hitler is remembered for all his despicable acts and not a myopic 'don't speak evil of the dead' you all are holding to your chest. If person do bad thing, shout it on the mountain tops and not say God understands. Even the Holy book says
[size=18pt]There is no peace," says the LORD, "for the wicked.[/size]
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by Fimmy(m): 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2009
May she rest in peace.amin
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by gidson12(m): 5:30pm On Dec 30, 2009
*no comment*
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by popsi: 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2009
How many people (Dads, Mums, kids) have had there lifes cut short because of the actions of these so called leaders and their wives. Please lets call a spade a spade and don't give me that sentimental rubbish. The treatment she received from the US, who paid? its the Tax you and me paid, it is at the cost of a health centre being built, health centre that could had saved a sick child,mum or dad. Look at how people are living in Nigeria(practically starving) and our leaders are living in complete affluence that has nothing to do with their own sweat or hardwork.

She has not gone home, she is gone to give account as to what happened to the wealth God blessed this  Country with.

There is no peace," says the LORD, "for the wicked.
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by oderemo(m): 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2009
someone check whether she still had our moni with her. may you rot in HELL. Who cares cool cool
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by pappilo(m): 5:58pm On Dec 30, 2009
Is that Yar Adua in the blue babariga?
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by KAYMODE1(m): 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
Some Nigerians can be very dumb, in as much as i don't rejoice over human death.
I want to ask all of u speaking of not judging. who is judging?? Did this people do this nation any good?
do you know how many people die daily due to the evil these people did to this nation
The health care system in Nigeria has collapsed and some animals come saying trash about not judging, we are all equal and we'll all die someday.
But don't be too soon to forget your suffering or the sufferings of the people.
Everyday we see people on TV needing financial support for medical issues. How many people have IBB and CO helped?
The lives the actions of these people have killed directly or indirectly is too numerous to talk trash.
I feel bad and know what it means to loose a dear one. But it is a lesson for us all, wherever you are leave a good mark.
I am sure even people sounding like saints have cursed our passed leaders before due to bad roads/ poor health care/ corrupt police/ military brutality/poor security network/ no electricity/ bad education system , the list is endless.
And that is why Nigeria is the way it is, we forget too soon and therefore not learn from the past.
BABANGIDA FINISHED THIS NATION
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by MrCartha: 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2009
Sad enough, there was no bomber there to show real action sad
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by kshow1(m): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2009
pappilo:

Is that Yar Adua [size=8pt][/size]in the blue babariga?

please advise him to resign if he does not want to join her soon
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by MrCartha: 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2009
Guyz, I'm now watching a live WBA championship fight between Dele Giwa and Marian Babangida. She's knocked down in the 1st round and still in corner receiving treatment for a dismantled jaw!!! grin grin grin
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by MrMcJay(m): 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2009
Do all those shedding crocodile tears realise that the tears of an IBB means something positive for us? Well, in 2010, may more of his ilk shed bitter the way he did.
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by oluaina79: 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2009
We should all remeber  say 1 day go be 1 day .Man go sleep him no go fit Rise again .Food for tought  to all . sad
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by Yoighaman(m): 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2009
Maryam meant more than anyone could ever imagine to IBB; she was his pillar, his tears were real!

I reiterate as usual: only when we forgive the past can we move forward as individuals and as a People.

May her soul rest in peace.

No doubt, IBB's apology would go a long way though.
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by mamagee3(f): 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2009
May her soul rest in peace! cry cry
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by Akebulan: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2009
Am not sure what the big deal is. From what I have read about the woman and her husband, they caused this world a great deal of pain.
When good people die, we often question why God had to take them. This time, we lost a person who would probably only be considered good by the insane.

I say, let her husband and her family, mourn her. Lets mourn the lives that've been lost due to her and her husband's actions, and the fact that she will no longer ever have a chance to help or assist or condone the behaviour that leads to another human being suffering/ losing their lives.

It is well
Re: As Maryam IBB's Body Goes Home! by oderemo(m): 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2009
May her soul rest in peace

More like pieces to me. rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emir Of Fika Survives Suicide Attack / Oshiomhole Threatens To Withdraw Bedc’s C Of O In Edo / Buhari Writes National Assembly, Says I Have Resumed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.