Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,401 members, 7,861,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:22 AM

Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk (1054 Views)

Please Like My Facebook Fanpage For Current Sports Gists / Lionel Messi’s Wedding Venue Raided By The Police – Full Gists / Ramous Says Madrid Will Win La Liga ||inforetweet.tk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2017
12/July/2017

Sergio Ramos: It's not crazy to suggest I could win Ballon d'Or

One word for Him

See Full Here http://ezeudoyesamuel.cf/Sports/Sergio+Ramos++Its+not+crazy+to+suggest+I+could+win+Ballon+d-Or
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
Neymar given three-match suspension and will miss Clasico

Neymar's hopes of playing in the Clasico against Real Madrid are over after the Barcelona forward received a three-match suspension for applauding referee Gil Manzano against Malaga.

The Brazilian forward was sent off at the Rosaleda for a second bookable offence, a punishment that carries an automatic sanction of one match.

However, Gil Manzano reported Neymar after the match for ironically clapping his decision as he left the field.

And on Tuesday, the Spanish Football Federation's Competitions Committee confirmed that on top of the original ban, the player would miss an additional two games for dissent against the match official.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
Arsenal transfer news: The latest & LIVE player rumours from the Emirates Stadium

Goal summarises the biggest transfer talk involving Arsenal as doubt continues to cloud the futures of the likes of Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 5:47pm On Apr 11, 2017
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FIXTURES TODAY

Both at 19:45

Dortumund Vs Monaco
VS

Juventus Vs Barcelona
VS
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
'I'll give them a kick up the arse' - Adams vows get tough on struggling Granada

The former Arsenal captain was presented as the Spanish side's new coach and insists things won't be easy for players in the relegation battle
Tony Adams has vowed to give Granada players "a kick up the arse" as he attempts to steer them away from relegation.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2017
Xavi reveals the moment he knew Messi was destined to be a legend

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/GOAL/b0/fc/lionel-messi_3zemoxd9wn0z1bo2elz1frf4d.jpg?t=-219236414&w=620&h=430[/img]

As a veteran of the team before the Argentine burst onto the scene, the Camp Nou icon says it was easy to spot potential greatness
EXCLUSIVE
Barcelona legend Xavi says he knew Lionel Messi was destined for greatness the first time he saw him and believes the Argentine is now “the best in history”.
As a fellow graduate of the famed La Masia academy system at Camp Nou, the development of a prodigious young talent was closely monitored by Xavi as he moved through the ranks.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2017
Clicksport's Academy Ajibolade pleased with winning start #2017LSFACup

The tactician is delighted with his team's winning start in the competition after his side dismissed Hyraj on Monday

Clicksport Academy head coach, Ajibolade Olumide is pleased with his side’s 3-0 win over Hyraj FC in the Lagos FA Cup competition at the Agege Stadium on Monday.

Agbabiaka Ridwan's brace and Stephen Godfrey's strike handed Clicksport their first win in the 2017 edition of the state championship, and the handler says the win will build their confidence ahead of their remaining games in the tourney.

“I’m happy because we won and it’s the first game of the FA Cup,'' Ajibolade toldGoal.

“Being the first game, it is necessary you win to build confidence for the upcoming games, so I think the team did well and more in control of the game. I’m very pleased with the performance.

“If you look at the squad, it’s a very young squad, it’s an academy, all the players are in their development and I don’t expect them to be a finished product yet.

“Of course you will some immaturity and inexperience in their decision making, so this is a learning process for them, so what we will do is go back and watch the video of our game and continue to work on their lapses and hope that they get better.

“Last season we crashed out at the first round, the previous season we got to the semifinals, and this is the team that crashed out in the first round so to me they have made a tremendous progress by going beyond the first round, so we will take the game as it comes and hoping they learn from the experience.

“The more games we play in the FA Cup, the more opportunities these players have to be developed, so if we win the next game, beautiful and if we don’t, we will continue to develop and that is the most important thing.”
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2017
Bartra injured in explosion near Borussia Dortmund bus ahead of Monaco clash

Marc Bartra has been injured after three explosions went off near Borussia Dortmund's team bus as they prepared to travel for Tuesday's Champions League quarter-final against Monaco.

A statement from the local police has confirmed that an explosion occurred as the team set off for the first leg of their tie at Signal Iduna Park.

"In the run-up to the Champions League match of BVB against AS Monaco, there was an explosion near the BVB team teambus shortly after 7 pm," it read.

"To our knowledge the windows of the bus are cracked (fully or partly) and one person was injured.

"It is not yet possible to say exactly what the explosion was or exactly where it exploded."

The police agency later tweeted: "We can confirm that there have been three explosions in the area of the team bus."

Meanwhile, Dortmund confirmed that the game has been postponed and will instead go ahead on Thursday.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
El Kanemi Warriors will maintain title fight, says James

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/e9/86/el-kanemi-warriors_1jmg8bgnantzp1xjz4ar6cxw6z.jpg?t=-807730531&w=620&h=430[/img]

Following their embarrassing defeat against the Sky Blue Stars, the forward insists his side will maintain their push for title glory this season

El Kanemi Warriors’ Kenneth James believes his side can keep up the challenge for the Nigeria Professional Football Leaguetitle this season.

Despite their 3-0 defeat against table-toppers, MFM FC, the Dersert Warriors forward insists they will not relent on their ambitions as he pledges to impress when offered a playing chance.
"I'm very confident of getting my chance to help the team," James toldGoal.

"We are doing well at the moment and we want to stay focused and maintain our performance we have put up so far. Our focus is on the title this season.

“We have a good coach in Ladan Bosso who is never scared to giving a chance to any player though he always wants his players to be disciplined. That’s his watchword.

"I've been learning under him, now I feel I've the full confidence to perform magic in the colours of El Kanemi Warriors. We're a surprise, and we will shock everyone this year."
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 8:09pm On Apr 11, 2017
We will learn from defeat, says Faith Football Academy’s Adebowale

The winger tried all he could but was unable to save his side from Abray’s assault and saw his team eventually crashed out of the tournament
Adedayo Adebowale says that Faith Football Academy will learn from their defeat to Abray Sports FC after crashing out of the Lagos State Federation Cup on Monday.

The Ikorodu side were condemned to a 3-0 defeat by Abray at the Agege Stadium and the winger is sure that his side will learn from the losing experience to become better.

“If you are a good player and you want to improve whenever you lose you want to learn from it,” Adebowale toldGoal.

“Though I felt bad about it but there was nothing I could do, I tried all my best to at least put my team at the edge of the victory but it didn’t come so I accept it as fate.

“Although we didn’t get into the game in the first half and we didn’t convert our chances too but I think we tried but you know the better team always win and I think they are better than us reason for the result.

“I felt bad about [my attempts] because it didn’t work but I think I have to improve more on it to make it work next time," he added.

On plans after crashing out of the FA Cup, the winger said: “There are always other competitions ahead, we aim to participate in other competition since we have crashed out of the Federation Cup.

“I’m not expecting us to win all competition, we win some and we lose some,” he concluded.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
Morata hints at Chelsea move: I will play for Conte one day

The Spain striker would be keen to link up with the Blues boss in London if he were to leave Madrid at the end of the season
Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata believes it is inevitable he will play for Antonio Conte one day amid reports Chelsea are keen to lure him to Stamford Bridge.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
Rose: DJ Kane is the secret behind Tottenham's excellent form!

The left-back has hailed his team-mates' choice of music in the dressing room, though he says he doesn't always tune in...

Danny Rose has paid tribute to Tottenham team-mate Harry Kane's performances... in the dressing room!

The left-back has revealed Kane, 23, is in control of the music at Spurs and believes the squad are generally happy with his taste.

However, while Rose has hailed the striker's DJing, he says he doesn't always tune in, occasionally preferring to delve into his own playlists before a huge match.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
Injured Bartra sends messages of gratitude to fans

The Spanish defender underwent wrist surgery following Tuesday's attacks on Dortmund's team bus

Borussia Dortmund defender Marc Bartra has sent a message of gratitude on his Instagram and Twitter accounts following Tuesday's terrorist attack on the team's bus.

Three explosions were detonated near Dortmund's bus en route to a Champions League quarter-final tie with Monaco at Signal Iduna Park.

Bartra seriously injured in bus attack

One explosion shattered the bus window and injured Bartra, who underwent surgery on his wrist on Tuesday evening.

The centre-back posted on Instagram and Twitter on Wednesday, saying he was doing "much better" and thanking fans for their support.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
Niger Tornadoes' Ammeh looking for a response against Kano Pillars

[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/Goal_Nigeria/48/8d/niger-tornadoes_nwbn33eyfexw1ts4y2th5oc2y.jpg?t=-1005089268&w=620&h=430[/img]
The Ikon Allah Boys suffered defeat on match day 18, but the winger is reveals that they respond by beating the Masu Gida

Niger Tornadoes winger Wilfred Ammeh has urged his teammates to react positively to their recent defeat against Shooting Stars when they host Kano Pillars in the week 19 of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) on Sunday.

The Ikon Allah Boys suffered a 2-1 loss against the Oluyole Warriors last weekend in their NPFL encounter at the Lekan Salami Stadium.

Despite that setback, the Tornadoes winger is confident that the team can return to winning ways at home to the Kano outfit.

"We're all in it together. The next best thing after a defeat is to go out and put things right, we need to move on," Wilfred toldGoal.

"The lads are disappointed after the weekend but we're looking for a positive reaction on Sunday and I'm sure we'll get it.

"Positivity is essential for us and that's our watchword. It is what will make us forge ahead for greater things. The team is capable of picking more points," he affirmed.

Tornadoes are fourth in the NPFL table after 18 round of matches.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
Jarvis Landry practices goal celebrations during NFL tour in UK

While promoting the Dolphins' upcoming game at Wembley, the wide receiver took time out to play some soccer and meet Tottenham and Liverpool stars
As the NFL continues to promote its brand in England, Miami Dolphins star wide receiver Jarvis Landry and Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins visited Liverpool and Tottenham earlier this week.
Landry toured Spurs' training ground after it was confirmed the Dolphins will be facing the New Orleans Saints on Oct. 1 at Wembley Stadium.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 7:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
‘Arsenal fans think they have a RIGHT to trophies… Wenger will be fine'

The Gunners supporters appear to have turned on their manager but West Ham supremo David Gold insists he is the man to steady the shipEXCLUSIVE

West Ham co-chairman David Gold has issued a staunch defence of Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, insisting that the club's fanbase is too entitled to have realistic expectations.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 6:48am On Apr 13, 2017
Centurion Ronaldo thankful after 100th European goal

The Madrid star used social media to express his gratitude to his team-mates and coaches following another milestone.

Cristiano Ronaldo continues to make history.

On Wednesday, the Champions League's all-time top goalscorer became the first player to score 100 goals in European club competitions.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 6:51am On Apr 13, 2017
'We are not animals' - Sokratis hits out at UEFA's treatment of Dortmund

With emotions still high as the defender and his team-mates counted their blessings, the Greece international hit out at Europe's governing body

Sokratis criticised UEFA over their treatment of Borussia Dortmund, with the defender saying he felt like an "animal" following Wednesday's rescheduled Champions League fixture.

Dortmund hosted Monaco and lost 3-2 in the first leg of their quarter-final tie, less than 24 hours after the original match was postponed when the German club were rocked by explosions en route to Signal Iduna Park.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 6:54am On Apr 13, 2017
'The tie remains very much open' - Ramos happy but cautious after win

The defender hailed the result away from home, but thinks his club could have been in an even better position after the first leg

Sergio Ramos believes Real Madrid deserved more following their narrow win at Bayern Munich in the Champions League, though the captain refused to get carried away.

Titleholders Madrid came from behind to beat 10-man Bayern 2-1 as Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice in the first leg of their quarter-final tie at Allianz Arena on Wednesday.
Re: Get In Here===> Football Latest Gists - SportsGist.tk by SamzySamuel(m): 9:57am On Jul 12, 2017
12/July/2017

Jose Mourinho Mocks Arsene Wenger For Signing Alexandre Lacazette

See Full Story at: http://ezeudoyesamuel.cf/Sports/Jose+Mourinho+Mocks+Arsene+Wenger+For+Signing+Alexandre+Lacazette

(1) (Reply)

CHELSEA V ARSENAL ( Club Friendly currently on ) / Timi Dakolo Employs Personal Football Trainer For His Son After Neymar’s Deal / Latest On EPL: Arsenal Vs Leicester 2-2 (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.