Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! (2384 Views)

Why Many Jews Dont Believe In Jesus Christ / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? / Is Fasting And Prayer A Means To Attract Miracles From God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 10:03am On Apr 12, 2017
The event which I'm about to relate to you truly happened and it occurred a few years back. We grew up in a Christian home, my mom is a true believer and practically believes in miracle from God through pastors and other "men of God"
Not that it's wrong, I'm still a true believer but I've decided not to be decieved by any kind of signs or whatsoever and its because of this:

My elder sis got admission into school few years ago to study business admin. But for someone who has always wanted to be into movies, she never let any Opportunity slip, one way or the other a friend of hers told her about a movie production in sapele where they are looking for people to play extra roles. She gladly accepted and few days later they were on their way to sapele. When she asked why they didn't rehearse, the supposed director told her that her role was quite easy.

when they got there, it turned out to be a crusade scene and my sister is to act as if she is a mental patient who later got healed by the pastor whom they said was also acting. They(not only my sister) all assumed different ailment, acted fine while the pastor healed them one after the other!!

After the crusade, she continued hearing people talking about it! They pointed at her as she walks past them!Then she realized, there were no cameras, no no other equipments used for making movies. That it was no movie, it was real and they've been used!

She suffered emotional breakdown for some weeks, we got her friend who told her about it arrested but was latter released as he claimed not to know about it either!! People, be wise, don't be decieved...... If u want a miracle, Gods hands are not too short to reach you, just wait patiently!!

cc lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by BasketballGURU(m): 10:21am On Apr 12, 2017
grin
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by Emereolevanwill(m): 10:28am On Apr 12, 2017
no comment. just passing.
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by obinna58(m): 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
Religion fooling people since day1 cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by segmond(m): 2:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hmmm
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by ojimbo(m): 2:28pm On Apr 12, 2017
There is only but one Atheist form left available. Better get it now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
Lalasticlala needs to move this to front-page.

Where you dae lala

Hahn, come see revelation oo
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
undecided undecided
Emereolevanwill:
no comment. just passing.
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 12, 2017
I created a thread with my old account for people who have witnessed a miracle without gainsay to share their 'testimony' several months...if not years ago, I don't remember getting any good response.

I have not really witnessed any miracle closely and I'm beginning to doubt if any such thing exists. Almost all crusade testimonies seems like a Nollywood script.

I want to be wrong about this comment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
not religion, religious leaders!! Such a shame..........
obinna58:
Religion fooling people since day1 cheesy
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by obinna58(m): 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
darbeelicous:
Religion is the main scam, leaders are just playing a minor role

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by obinna58(m): 3:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
darbeelicous:
Religion is the main scam, leaders are just playing a minor role

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2017
people really need to know about these ones I was blind, now I can see is a scam!!
adepeter26:
Lalasticlala needs to move this to front-page.

Where you dae lala

Hahn, come see revelation oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by hahn(m): 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2017
I disagree

The fact that there are even adults who believe in the god nonsense is a miracle undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 3:56pm On Apr 12, 2017
although I discard miracles, my faith is uncompromising!! Most times, when faced with such situations, one is often tempted to give it up!!!
ojimbo:
There is only but one Atheist form left available. Better get it now
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 4:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
We believe in a God so true, pure and powerful........ Men working according to their wickedness uses this belief to exploit from others!!

But u have to believe in something!!
hahn:
I disagree

The fact that there are even adults who believe in the god nonsense is a miracle undecided
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by lepasharon(f): 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
OP did they pay ur sis?
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 4:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
yea, she was given quite a small amount of money!!
lepasharon:
OP did they pay ur sis?
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 12, 2017
In as muuch as I believe dere are fake pple everywhere so also I will wanna point u to two things

1. Pple have taken dis story differently,dey believe religion is d fault,well to an extent it my might be but truly God exist.

2. Miracle exist nd its everywhere everyday, I believe in it I practice it I have enjoyed it nd am growing in its knowledge so as not to be fooled by fake pastors which also the bible talked abt. Its nt new

Every man can experience miracle by himself not necessary a man of God should pray or lay hands d promise is for everyman not some men, the key to unlock this misery is believe nd learn abt kingdom principles I bet u dere will be a change of understanding wen results starts coming.
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by Lionessza(f): 4:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
darbeelicous:
The event which I'm about to relate to you truly happened and it occurred a few years back. We grew up in a Christian home, my mom is a true believer and practically believes in miracle from God through pastors and other "men of God"
Not that it's wrong, I'm still a true believer but I've decided not to be decieved by any kind of signs or whatsoever and its because of this:

My elder sis got admission into school few years ago to study business admin. But for someone who has always wanted to be into movies, she never let any Opportunity slip, one way or the other a friend of hers told her about a movie production in sapele where they are looking for people to play extra roles. She gladly accepted and few days later they were on their way to sapele. When she asked why they didn't rehearse, the supposed director told her that her role was quite easy.

when they got there, it turned out to be a crusade scene and my sister is to act as if she is a mental patient who later got healed by the pastor whom they said was also acting. They(not only my sister) all assumed different ailment, acted fine while the pastor healed them one after the other!!

After the crusade, she continued hearing people talking about it! They pointed at her as she walks past them!Then she realized, there were no cameras, no no other equipments used for making movies. That it was no movie, it was real and they've been used!

She suffered emotional breakdown for some weeks, we got her friend who told her about it arrested but was latter released as he claimed not to know about it either!! People, be wise, don't be decieved...... If u want a miracle, Gods hands are not too short to reach you, just wait patiently!!

cc lalasticlala

Lolllll I fail to understand why people are so gullible when it comes to these "men of God " . Hence I don't feel sorry for them at all
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by hysteriabox(m): 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2017
darbeelicous:
[color=#990000]The event which I'm about to relate to you truly happened and it occurred a few years back. We grew up in a Christian home, my mom is a true believer and practically believes in miracle from God through pastors and other "men of God"

Emmm... this totally contradicts your topic. Please adjust
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
hysteriabox:

Exactly.... Í guess the Op needs to edit her topic

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by Immorttal: 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
darbeelicous:
We believe in a God so true, pure and powerful........ Men working according to their wickedness uses this belief to exploit from others!!

But u have to believe in something!!
yes my sister, you have to believe in something but yet again not in nonsense.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
hysteriabox:

adepeter26:

Exactly.... Í guess the Op needs to edit her topic
done........ Thanks alot!!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
we all have reasons to believe!! Even atheist have a reason y they are not religious!! I guess we'll never know the actual truth about all this.
Immorttal:
yes my sister, you have to believe in something but yet again not in nonsense.
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2017
don't get me wrong hun, I'm in no way doubting the existence of God, I just believe that miracles no longer happen as it wear in the times of the prophets!! Its all made up.........
askibee:
In as muuch as I believe dere are fake pple everywhere so also I will wanna point u to two things

1. Pple have taken dis story differently,dey believe religion is d fault,well to an extent it my might be but truly God exist.

2. Miracle exist nd its everywhere everyday, I believe in it I practice it I have enjoyed it nd am growing in its knowledge so as not to be fooled by fake pastors which also the bible talked abt. Its nt new

Every man can experience miracle by himself not necessary a man of God should pray or lay hands d promise is for everyman not some men, the key to unlock this misery is believe nd learn abt kingdom principles I bet u dere will be a change of understanding wen results starts coming.
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
exactly, one way or the other they were all acting or playing a role..... Conciously or not...... People really need to be aware of this.
Mementoes:
I created a thread with my old account for people who have witnessed a miracle without gainsay to share their 'testimony' several months...if not years ago, I don't remember getting any good response.

I have not really witnessed any miracle closely and I'm beginning to doubt if any such thing exists. Almost all crusade testimonies seems like a Nollywood script.

I want to be wrong about this comment.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by Immorttal: 5:51pm On Apr 12, 2017
darbeelicous:
we all have reasons to believe!! Even atheist have a reason y they are not religious!! I guess we'll never know the actual truth about all this.
do you know that your belief affects your life thats why atheist are not disturbed by demons but christians are, so watch what you dedicate your entire life believing.
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by Wilgrea7(m): 6:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
i believe miracles do happen but i don't trust pastors... majority if them perform circus tricks.... they make people feel they can't do without miracles... especially in Nigeria, many Christians are Christians because they want some sort of miracle or divine something... their spirituality is hinged on how they can call fire from heaven and destroy their enemies and expectation of miracles etc.... why won't people turn atheists? we have been fooled... Christianity has now turned into a game where God is your messenger who you send to war and tell to give you this and that... “its a miracle... i got the job... i didn't apply... i just got a call... its a miracle... i was dashed a brand new car"... people key into things like this instead of working hard for themselves... Christianity is now about peoole being spoonfed... and then being proud of it... and instead of others to mature, they prefer to be spoonfed too.. they want it easy... it pains my heart seeing people deceived... although not all Christians are like that.... may God help us all
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by borednhorny: 6:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
Your sister became a lot wiser that day. That's a miracle.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 6:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
real funny....... Although ure right most people become Christians cos they're expecting something in return not because they truly love God!! Pathetic really...... And this makes these men of God exploit them in return for the miracle they seek!!
Wilgrea7:
i believe miracles do happen but i don't trust pastors... majority if them perform circus tricks.... they make people feel they can't do without miracles... especially in Nigeria, many Christians are Christians because they want some sort of miracle or divine something... their spirituality is hinged on how they can call fire from heaven and destroy their enemies and expectation of miracles etc.... why won't people turn atheists? we have been fooled... Christianity has now turned into a game where God is your messenger who you send to war and tell to give you this and that... “its a miracle... i got the job... i didn't apply... i just got a call... its a miracle... i was dashed a brand new car"... people key into things like this instead of working hard for themselves... Christianity is now about peoole being spoonfed... and then being proud of it... and instead of others to mature, they prefer to be spoonfed too.. they want it easy... it pains my heart seeing people deceived... although not all Christians are like that.... may God help us all
Re: This Is Why I Dont Believe In "Miracles" from supposed "men of God"!! by darbeelicous(f): 6:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
lolz...... grin grin grin that kind miracle ehn......
borednhorny:
Your sister became a lot wiser that day. That's a miracle.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God / Abortion Should Be Made Legal / Rigor And Biblical Exegesis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.