Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,358 members, 7,853,599 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:48 PM

How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow (30982 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? / Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East / How Much Will It Cost To Lay The Foundation (only) Of A 3 Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by joeleerules(m): 8:37am On Apr 17, 2017
5 tonnes of granite would be okay for what you want to do but I said he probably meant 20-25 tonnes with respect to the price he wrote. And it's safer to get 25 tonnes since u would eventually still use it.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:50am On Apr 17, 2017
Hmmm...OP, pls take the your. Architect to your site if you have not done so,..many factors can lead to putting. Much cost in. Foundation,.like the level of existing road, the soil nature.,.closeness of the material to the site and also labour,..but I believe between 500k-700k can go as a rough estimate,..Arcjkatas consults ltd 07061209159
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by sundayseun2u: 9:33am On Apr 17, 2017
I live at iyana ilogbo very close to ifo, kindly let's talk. the prices he quoted for are nohing to write home about. Took much they are. I recently finished my apartment too, let's see I will take you to where you can get the materials at normal prices. cement is 2500, sand never cost up to that, granite etc. 08035136002 is my contact. you shouldn't spend that much for the foundation. the prices are padded. take care
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:40am On Apr 17, 2017
All the best to you OP.
Kindly contact when your project get to the roofing stage for professional advice & for the best quality roofing sheets.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by drehdinho(m): 10:22am On Apr 17, 2017
joeleerules:

Am Joel, a practicing engineer,
The price he wrote for the sharp sand is crazy, sharp sand should be around 23-25k location matters.
For the granite, am sure he meant 20 or 25 tones, it is sold for per tonnage, should get it for less than 40k
The price estimated for water too is high, a tanker of water is 6,000
Workmanship can go for a lesser price too.
Call me on 08137952569 if you need more help, i would appreciate it if you can contract it out to me. Thanks

Op, I pray you don't get into the hands of scammers with the way things are going. You don't need to publish this kind of stuff publicly. Many people commenting here telling you they know all about architectural designs might, surprisingly, not being to the four walls of school.
Op, be wise

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by joeleerules(m): 12:08pm On Apr 17, 2017
drehdinho:

Op, I pray you don't get into the hands of scammers with the way things are going. You don't need to publish this kind of stuff publicly. Many people commenting here telling you they know all about architectural designs might, surprisingly, not being to the four walls of school.
Op, be wise

All have done is write what I think, all I gave there were just suggestions and nothing exact. I don't understand why you would quote what I said and mention someone scamming someone, no one is compelled to do anything forcefully. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by kingd612: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2017
To be honest with you, it depends on the quality of the structure you desire. Bungalows are supposed to carry columns at all edges both interior and exterior edges whether you need a concrete facial or not with a good mix ratio of 1:2:4 (government standard). Now to do that you need to dig for the columns at the foundation called foundation base, provide at least 16mm bar size for the columns as well. if the soil condition is poor, it needs to be stabilized before excavation. Don't need to bore you with much details but with that your project size, you need to budget at least 800k to have a standard building. Thanks. call or whatsapp for more info: 08082753372
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by seun1960(m): 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
Baba help me...I want to build my own house too...no forget me o Lord
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by PTNL: 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2017
Budget 500-650k for all. Best of luck.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by DAGAUDA(m): 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2017
Employ the services of competent quantity surveyor and civil Engr
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Jarus(m): 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
Cost me roughly 1.5m for each of my two bungalows. Depends on soil. German floor inclusive
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by chelseabmw(m): 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2017
following ....................................
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by johnson232: 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
kingd612:
To be honest with you, it depends on the quality of the structure you desire. Bungalows are supposed to carry columns at all edges both interior and exterior edges whether you need a concrete facial or not with a good mix ratio of 1:2:4 (government standard). Now to do that you need to dig for the columns at the foundation called foundation base, provide at least 16mm bar size for the columns as well if the soil condition is poor, it needs to be stabilized before excavation. Don't need to bore you with much details but with that your project size, you need to budget at least 800k to have a standard building. Thanks. call or whatsapp for more info: 08082753372
@bold..is that how u normally waste your clients money?

16mm for a bungalow? are u an engineer?
Which government standard made it mandatory to use columns for bungalow?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by johnson232: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2017
joeleerules:

The price he wrote for the sharp sand is crazy, sharp sand should be around 23-25k location matters.
For the granite, am sure he meant 20 or 25 tones, it is sold for per tonnage, should get it for less than 40k
Call me on 08137952569 if you need more help, i would appreciate it if you can contract it out to me. Thanks
No professional would sound like this...

10tons of sharp sand now go for 18k in my area...how will u get 25tons for 23k?

smh...
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by ceasare: 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2017
joeleerules:

OP this is what u gt when u try 2 shortchanged urself.if u can pay an architect 4 urbungalow, pay a QS too 4 ur cost and use a suitable engr n pay him well too.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by joeleerules(m): 6:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
johnson232:

No professional would sound like this...

10tons of sharp sand now go for 18k in my area...how will u get 25tons for 23k?

smh...

Where is your area sir?
I don't really understand you sir?
But I would like to know how a professional sounds. If you are where I am, I would get you 10 tonnes of sharp sand for 12k, you can't see beyond where you are sir and stop sounding like a toddler.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by joeleerules(m): 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2017
ceasare:

OP this is what u gt when u try 2 shortchanged urself.if u can pay an architect 4 urbungalow, pay a QS too 4 ur cost and use a suitable engr n pay him well too.

I would like you to come up with something better, forget about the man who wants the job done, what's your view on this because I feel you know more.
You are talking like you are reading from a manual though. And am not sure you have seen anyone forcing him to do something. It's just what I feel, and I think am free to express my opinion.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Newal: 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2017
Many thanks for all the responses so far. I truly appreciate. The quote was given by a QS and I have Contacted Engineer that will supervise the project but I believe in openess and fair deal. If not for people on this forum I wouldnt have known that some of the prices were inflated. Some of this so called professionals included their charges yet inflated costs. I think the best solution will be to get the materials myself and pay for their service
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by johnson232: 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2017
Newal:
Many thanks for all the responses so far. I truly appreciate. The quote was given by a QS and I have Contacted Engineer that will supervise the project but I believe in openess and fair deal. If not for people on this forum I wouldnt have known that some of the prices were inflated. Some of this so called professionals included their charges yet inflated costs. I think the best solution will be to get the materials myself and pay for their service
I'm really surprised a QS could provide such an estimate, because some things in the estimate are underquoted....
like cement if u intend doing pillars, granite, iron rods... the only material that is inflated is the peg in terms of quantity o....because prices of the rest materials do varies with location...u can confirm that yourself & mind u no provision was made for contigencies....

The blocks ought to be minimum of 1200 because of breakages....
As regards the floor plan, pls find another place for the visitors toilet, do not inlude it in the main lounge. Ideally the master bedroom ought not to be in that position, it would have been more ideal if the master bedroom was relocated to the back, so dat d current position for master can be use for guest room....so both d visitors & guest can use the WC. please contact your architect for modification before setting out....the visitors toilet should not be inside the main lounge...& to make it worst, there is no lobby before the toilet...opening direct to the main lounge...smell go chase people....

What does the 150pcs approval represent? profile?

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by kingd612: 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
johnson232:

@bold..is that how u normally waste your clients money?

16mm for a bungalow? are u an engineer?
Which government standard made it mandatory to use columns for bungalow?
If there's no good engineer in your village, you can simply walk up to a 400 level civil Engineering student in any higher institution close to you.
its a poor practice to "lock blocks at the edges in place of columns". I know that's how you build in your village but sorry to disappoint you, its not up to standard. Thanks!
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by snakebeat: 10:44pm On Apr 17, 2017
kingd612:
If there's no good engineer in your village, you can simply walk up to a 400 level civil Engineering student in any higher institution close to you.
its a poor practice to "lock blocks at the edges in place of columns". I know that's how you build in your village but sorry to disappoint you, its not up to standard. Thanks!
It is because the blocks we make in nigeria are below standards....that is why people make use of columns to support it. If the blocks are of good quality, there is absolutely nothing wrong with building a bungalow without columns. 16mm reinforcement are used for duplex in nigeria, does it make sense to u to also use same for a bungalow? I think u should be learn more abt construction economics. Watch videos of other developed countries to see how they construct their bungalow. If u are a good civil engr, u should know over reinforcement is more dangerous than under reinforcement. using 16mm rebars for a bungalow is absolute waste of funds to be honest.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Newal: 7:02am On Apr 18, 2017
johnson232:

I'm really surprised a QS could provide such an estimate, because some things in the estimate are underquoted....
like cement if u intend doing pillars, granite, iron rods... the only material that is inflated is the peg in terms of quantity o....because prices of the rest materials do varies with location...u can confirm that yourself & mind u no provision was made for contigencies....

The blocks ought to be minimum of 1200 because of breakages....
As regards the floor plan, pls find another place for the visitors toilet, do not inlude it in the main lounge. Ideally the master bedroom ought not to be in that position, it would have been more ideal if the master bedroom was relocated to the back, so dat d current position for master can be use for guest room....so both d visitors & guest can use the WC. please contact your architect for modification before setting out....the visitors toilet should not be inside the main lounge...& to make it worst, there is no lobby before the toilet...opening direct to the main lounge...smell go chase people....

What does the 150pcs approval represent? profile?

Thank you
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by johnson232: 7:09am On Apr 18, 2017
snakebeat:

It is because the blocks we make in nigeria are below standards....that is why people make use of columns to support it. If the blocks are of good quality, there is absolutely nothing wrong with building a bungalow without columns. 16mm reinforcement are used for duplex in nigeria, does it make sense to u to also use same for a bungalow? I think u should be learn more abt construction economics. Watch videos of other developed countries to see how they construct their bungalow. If u are a good civil engr, u should know over reinforcement is more dangerous than under reinforcement. using 16mm rebars for a bungalow is absolute waste of funds to be honest.
thank u
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 18, 2017
drehdinho:

Op, be wise
true talk.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 18, 2017
kingd612:
To be honest with you, it depends on the quality of the structure you desire. Bungalows are supposed to carry columns at all edges both interior and exterior edges whether you need a concrete facial or not with a good mix ratio of 1:2:4 (government standard). Now to do that you need to dig for the columns at the foundation called foundation base, provide at least 16mm bar size for the columns as well. if the soil condition is poor, it needs to be stabilized before excavation. Don't need to bore you with much details but with that your project size, you need to budget at least 800k to have a standard building. Thanks. call or whatsapp for more info: 08082753372
at least 16mm rebars for a bungalow? are u kidding me? bros u don't pity your client o shocked

government standard yet no structural drawing is required for the approval of a bungalow? just copies of architectural & M&E drawings

kwantinue
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by kingd612: 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
snakebeat:

just as we have different qualities of cars, for instance Lexus 300 can never be Lexus 350, so do we have it in houses too. So Oga I advice you to move around a little bit with an experienced engineer before you start quoting my post with rubbish.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by snakebeat: 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2017
kingd612:
just as we have different qualities of cars, for instance Lexus 300 can never be Lexus 350, so do we have it in houses too. So Oga I advice you to move around a little bit with an experienced engineer before you start quoting my post with rubbish.
U don't need to resort to insult...Stop exhibiting your folly

If all u learnt from structures during your school days was to waste people funds, i m sorry for u.

How many skyscrapers have u built? experienced engineer indeed.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by kingd612: 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
skelefish:

at least 16mm rebars for a bungalow? are u kidding me? bros u don't pity your client o shocked

government standard yet no structural drawing is required for the approval of a bungalow? just copies of architectural & M&E drawings

kwantinue
bros 10/12mm can still be used depending on the topography.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow by kingd612: 8:56am On Apr 20, 2017
snakebeat:

U don't need to resort to insult...Stop exhibiting your folly

If all u learnt from structures during your school days was to waste people funds, i m sorry for u.

How many skyscrapers have u built? experienced engineer indeed.
You should have made your own suggestions its an open question instead of quoting people's post. FOOL.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Surprised With 2 Plots Of Land By A Guy He Helped With School Fees In 2010 / The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" / WORKS OF A NAIRALAND ARCHITECT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.