Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,810 members, 7,844,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

World Exclusive! How I Rescued Orji Uzor Kalu During Biafra War – Pa David Ayeni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Exclusive! How I Rescued Orji Uzor Kalu During Biafra War – Pa David Ayeni (567 Views)

David Jemibewon: When I Remember Biafra War Killings, I’m Still Pained / Where Did Gowon Live In Igboland During Biafra War? / Igbos Hate Me Because Of What I Did To Them During Biafra War And I Will Do It A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World Exclusive! How I Rescued Orji Uzor Kalu During Biafra War – Pa David Ayeni by Alcapodetuti: 11:51am On Apr 12, 2017
The story of Pa David Ayeni from Ikole Ekiti in present day Ekiti state in South Western Nigeria is almost like a fairy tale story told by story tellers of the moonlight tales series on NTA. A veteran of the Nigerian civil war, Pa Ayeni who was a Lance Corporal in the Nigerian Army fought in several battalions during the 3 years war affair between the Nigerian Federal Government troops and the Biafran troop between 1967 and 1970.
Pa Ayeni ended well on the side of the winning Nigerian troops in Eastern part of Nigeria. However, one remarkable aspect of his civil war experience was the singular honor of rescuing one of Nigeria’s and World’s richest men of today, His Excellency Dr. Orji from the snares of post war experience. The young Orji Uzor Kalu who was a victim of the war found favour and peace in the ambience of Pa David Ayeni.

Today, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu is the first civilian governor of Abia state is one of world’s rated billionaires rated by Forbes Magazine. Pa Ayeni’s role then was to save ten years old Orji Uzor Kalu who was a victim of the very terrible and biting Biafran war. Pa Ayeni still has a picture of Orji Kalu at 13 with in his diary till date, took the Igbere, Abia state born business mogul turned politician into his custody as the head of his platoon.

Orji Kalu who was allegedly going through post war trauma and health challenges soon found favor in the ambience of the old soldier who treated him as “his servant-son’. When Asabeafrika heard about this great man and his efforts in the life of Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu who is today a role model in business and politics, we took the pain to go after him and locate the old man who after several persuasions agreed to speak with Asabefrika by breaking the story to us as the first medium to have the story in the world. Pa David Ayeni spoke to Asabeafrika penultimate Thursday Morning in the midst of his children and grand children.

Take a seat and get your favorite drink and snack as you enjoy the story of a war rattled boy turned world billionaire. Today, 55 years old Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu is the Chairman SLOK Holdings Ltd; Chairman, First International Bank Limited of Liberia and founder of the Progressive People Alliance Party. It is a story of nothing to something, from war to more!

Read The Full Interview @ http://www.asabeafrika.com/2015/06/world-exclusive-how-i-rescued-orji-uzor.html

[img]http://3.bp..com/-1hZcmqd-C_Q/VXrSFYTlSnI/AAAAAAAAG5Q/YZsoORnvk-k/s1600/Pa%2BDavid%2BAyeni%2Borji%2Buzor%2Bkalu%2B-14.png[/img]
Re: World Exclusive! How I Rescued Orji Uzor Kalu During Biafra War – Pa David Ayeni by agadez007(m): 11:57am On Apr 12, 2017
Post the full Interview here,I will never click there
Tankiu
Re: World Exclusive! How I Rescued Orji Uzor Kalu During Biafra War – Pa David Ayeni by pword: 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
Get your facts right please, Orji Uzor Kalu was never the first civilian governor of Abia state, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu is...

(1) (Reply)

king Of Nigeria Adesegun Ademusiwa were bow to by ooni of ife sijuade/adeboye / Why Nobody Takes Nigerian Youths Seriously - By Ohimai Amaize / GHEN GHEN!!! Gallant Police Arrest 7 Gunmen Who Tried To Kill Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.