Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Computation Of Interest On Traasury Bill - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Computation Of Interest On Traasury Bill (487 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Computation Of Interest On Traasury Bill by collinsVP: 1:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hello! to finance and account experts in the house. please help me clear my confusion on treasury bill investment in Nigeria.

Sometimes banks who serve as CBN agent in the issuance of treasury bill, do not exercise the principle of utmost good faith when dealing with customers.

Assume the stipulated interest rate says 13.9% on 91days bill, 17% on 180days bill etc. please what should be the right computation of interest earned on a principal of 120,000?
Re: Computation Of Interest On Traasury Bill by cmoney22222: 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
17 percent of principal divided by 365 day times 180 days. Thats all. Hope you knw they will charge u 10percent for tax on the interest. Btw wat bank is that?
collinsVP:
Hello! to finance and account experts in the house. please help me clear my confusion on treasury bill investment in Nigeria.

Sometimes banks who serve as CBN agent in the issuance of treasury bill, do not exercise the principle of utmost good faith when dealing with customers.

Assume the stipulated interest rate says 13.9% on 91days bill, 17% on 180days bill etc. please what should be the right computation of interest earned on a principal of 120,000?

Re: Computation Of Interest On Traasury Bill by collinsVP: 11:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
cmoney22222:
17 percent of principal divided by 365 day times 180 days. Thats all. Hope you knw they will charge u 10percent for tax on the interest. Btw wat bank is that?

Thanks a lot.

I was telling someone that the 17% interest was an annual interest rate. That any investment duration short of one year, will bring about a proportionate recalculation of interest given.

(1) (Reply)

Uber Partnership / A Microfinance Bank Is Helping Investors To Make More Money By Giving Back. / The Best, Most Secure And Most Profitable Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.