Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

"If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo (15705 Views)

EFCC And ICPC Stripped Of Powers To Seize Assets In Corruption Cases / 2019: What If Atiku Wins And Buhari Fails To Concede? / Top 10 Contenders For The Presidency In 2019 If President Buhari Fails To Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo by opribo(m): 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
Wait Wait Pastor, we dont need the old brigade to make Nigeria great, we need to drain the swamp and get rid of all these deadwoods that have raped our country dry. Some of us are only giving this clueless govt a chance because of peopl like you and if now you are joining them of what use are you in the government. You should go there and show them how learned people do things and not to join the band wagon.
Re: "If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo by yinkslinks(m): 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
He has failed already and nigeria is in a big mess.
Re: "If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo by ollah2: 10:13pm On Apr 12, 2017
ReubenE:

You made a nice submission until you almost derailed. Perhaps you are not very clear with the Federal Presidential system. I mean no offense

The Executive Arm of Government, and by extension, the President is the embodiment of a nation's sovereignty.
He is the symbol and rallying point of all State affairs both internally and externally.

Nigerians are not wrong for putting the blame on him because that is how the system works.
It is now left to him to navigate through the hurdles that lie ahead to make Nigeria a great nation, that includes liasing with the other Arms of Government to complete the cycle using democratic means.

My brother, democracy does not accommodate blames. Democracy demands results that will translate to better life for the people, but so far, our President has not been able to give us the results we need.

Organising all the Organs of Government to work towards one goal is what will make him a good President.
Passing that job to the citizens will show him as incompetent, unfit for the position he occupies.
We will continue to yap, cry, blame until our voices are heard....

I didn't derail bro. Like you rightly said, in a democracy era all arms works together. Executive, Legislature and Judiciary, the latter is the worst. He the Executive has made some moves on corruption(you can call it witch hunting), but the Judiciary have failed at every case handled by them. What else should be done?
Re: "If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo by jfleece(m): 10:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
Am afraid he had failed already..
Re: "If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo by seguntijan(m): 10:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
Copied!
Now That the 72 hours Lockdown has began!
Now that 4 Corruption cases has been lost in succession by AGF,
Now that the New CJN has been sworn in and is now in control!
Be informed that the anti corruption war is not about President Buhari, It is not about anyone 50 years and above, It is about you, the 49 years and below. And you are in the majority right now in Nigeria.
It is about your future and that of your kids. It is about your happiness, prospects, welfare, employment opportunities, pride and honor.
Do you know how old President Buhari is? If you don't, let me help you. PMB will be 75 this year.
With God's blessing of long life, he gets maximum of another 25 years at most but you have many more years ahead of you.
President Buhari shouldn't be leading the war against corruption, you and me should.
Buhari's generation, got the best out of Nigeria, they had free education, scholarships and guess what? Jobs and cars waiting for them on graduation,
You left school five years ago, with good result, you still can't find a job, you thought more degrees would give you an advantage and so you struggled to do your postgraduate but still no jobs.
You're the one who should be leading the war on corruption not Buhari who in the real sense, has no more stake beyond leaving a country better than he met it.
Now, instead of you to join PMB in his modest efforts to fight corruption no matter how imperfect it is, you're ignorantly joining up with the corrupt elements to attack the president, you're even supporting a senator with 3rd class pass out of your hatred for Buhari,
You're like the dog that is trapped but is threatening to bite anyone who tries to rescue her. President Buhari, does not need the stress of the anti-corruption war if not for his abiding personal principles. It is easier and more profitable to him and his family to loot the treasury and safeguard and secure the future of his immediate families and generations to come. After all we have past leaders, accused of massive corruption going around in affluence and power without any questions or hints of prosecution. President Buhari deserve praise not insults. When you're tempted to insult PMB next time, think about this: it is not about Buhari but you. Nigeria has been good to Buhari and his generation. If you cannot say Nigeria has been good to you, join in this anti corruption war now.
Na support I give here.
Re: "If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo by Mujtahida: 11:04pm On Apr 12, 2017
Once upon a time the talk about fighting corruption was a thriller but today I consider it nothing short of plain idiocy, cluelessness and hypocrisy for any government to make anti corruption war it's major policy drive. When we start slamming death sentence on all who steal from the common weal then the real fight against corruption would begin. Until then anybody accused of corruption is just a victim and not a culprit for we are all corrupt in this country. We have corrupted the nation and it has in turn corrupted us.
Re: "If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo by Chinagurum1995(m): 4:40am On Apr 13, 2017
Chai this is nonsense I mean we need good changes for our nations Nigeria now there is a Wahala again. angry cry

Re: "If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo by maasoap(m): 7:26am On Apr 13, 2017
smartty68:
"He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone". Buhari has some confession to make as well. Unfortunately, he's above the law. Enemies of State
This is an unfortunate comment. You're implying that they should fight only if they themselves are clean if not, they should let it thrive. If war on corruption fails, do you really think Buhari and Osinbajo and their families are not shielded from the negative economic implications? If they succeed, it is for your own good.
Re: "If Buhari Fails In Corruption War, Nigeria Is In Big Trouble" - VP Osinbajo by MajorGomwalk(m): 6:24am On Apr 16, 2017
TijaniAbu:
If Magu proves himself by investigating the fake pastor vp osinbajo's npower scan where his "charity company" is suddenly the importers of the phones and tablets, I will support him. If Magu proves himself by investigated the fake pastor vp's alpha Beta scam with Tinubu then I will support him. If Magu proves himself by investigating the fake pastor vp's wife Shea origin scam where she is funnelling USAID money to her friends and family, I will support him. If Magu produces the original Aisha Cassandra Halliburton, I will support him. If Mago probes Amina Mohammed's PTF theft, I will support him. Finally if Magu investigates the 2000 maira beauty book sold at 70 million each, I will support him. If Magu investigates Amaechi's 2 bell helicopter scam, I will suppott him.

If Magu does not of the above, or asks for petition, I will curse him.

Magu is accursed. VP is a thieving pygmy midget.

I'd be more concerned about 'supporting' my own personal development if I were you. You have zero understanding of the matter at issue. You can't even construct grammar correctly without errors, you should be ashamed of yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transcript Of Donald Trump's Meeting With Buhari / Don't Tell Us Story, Show Your Achievements To Nigerians, Obi Challenges APC / Insecurity: Emir Of Daura Cancels sallah Celebration In Emirate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.