Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

My Mission Is To Bridge The Education Gap Between The Northern And Southern Nige - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Mission Is To Bridge The Education Gap Between The Northern And Southern Nige (1127 Views)

Why North Fails To Close Education Gap With South / Buhari's Bill On Water Resources Splits Northern And Southern Senators / My Mission Is To Remove APC From Power - Dokpesi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mission Is To Bridge The Education Gap Between The Northern And Southern Nige by IkpuMmadu: 4:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
Emir Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, Nigeria’s foremost Northern city and Islamic symbol in Nigeria. Sanusi, is a clear departure from the line of the Emirs that have ruled the city. Having been exposed to western education and also knowing the importance of education and information. Emir Sanusi can be said to be a King with a kind of difference. A clear departure of the normal. An Emir that wants his people to experience the kind of awakening and education that is being felt in some advanced Islamic world like UAE, Qatar and maybe Malaysia, yet retaining their Islamic roots. How he does this, the country watches.

But , one thing that cannot be taken away from the reagent is his intelligence. As a first class material , worked as a banker and having headed the Central Bank, Nigeria’s apex bank and regulator and performed credibly well. The Emir can be said to be a man on a mission. A mission to exhume the backward dry Northern Nigeria from the depths.of ignorance and lack of education while retaining their Islamic roots. A mission to bridge the already widening gap between the conservative North and Progressive Southern Nigeria.

In his recent post (Instagram ) he said,

“I choose to fight for the progress of Nigerians and suggest solutions to their problems. It’s my duty to speak the truth about the ill-effects of conservative Muslims who are harming Islam rather than helping it.

I condemned their refusal to expand their knowledge outside their own religion and failure to realise that knowledge is power. I also correctly concluded denying the right to pursue scientific and technological knowledge and restricting people to Islamic knowledge is the best means of ensuring that Muslims in Northern Nigeria will be remain economically backward. I’m upset at the legion of beggars on the streets and is trying to bridge the gap between the backward North and the Southern parts of the nation.

I still believe that conservative Muslims are still stuck in the 13th Century and their claim that children need no other knowledge than Islamic studies flies in the face of reality. All the poverty, under-development and immense suffering in the North are a result of uneducated masses refusing to learn work or a trade. The majority of technicians in Kano are from the South while untrained indigenes beg. How does that make sense? Why is it that conservative Muslims who claim to be against scientific progress enter aeroplanes and fly to perform the Hajj in Mecca rather than using camels to cross the desert! Why do they watch sermons beamed by TV live from Mecca and read the Holy Quaran on their laptops yet profess to abhor modern technology? I’d like to point out that there is no harm in copying from the West if it brings succour to the masses of poverty stricken Muslims in Northern Nigeria.

After all Saudi Arabia, the “home” of Islam is known for its highly-rated airline, modern hospitals, indigenous oil industry and space program all of which make it a world leader. In our backward nation, we insist on denying the truth. Unless Northern political leaders like Governor Yari pay attention to me, there will never be a day when anywhere in the North will be like the modern Muslim cities of Kuala Lumpar, Istanbul, Jakarta, Lahore, Greater Cairo, Dacca, Karachi, Dubai, Riyadh or Faisalabad”.

As the current Emir of Kano and foremost Emir in Northern Nigeria, an Emir that when he “coughs” the whole North will catch cold. An Emir so revered that his words are his bond. It can finally be said that, with Sanusi at the helm of Northen affairs. We can confidently say that there is light at the end of Northen”tunnel”. Ranka Dede sir.

http://etimes.com.ng/2017/04/12/my-mission-is-to-bridge-the-education-gap-between-the-northern-and-southern-nigeria-emir-sanusi-lamido/

Re: My Mission Is To Bridge The Education Gap Between The Northern And Southern Nige by Amberon: 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ok
Re: My Mission Is To Bridge The Education Gap Between The Northern And Southern Nige by Alisegun(m): 5:12pm On Apr 12, 2017
ok
Re: My Mission Is To Bridge The Education Gap Between The Northern And Southern Nige by smartty68(m): 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ok! Just hope those zombies will listen. Because most of them are still against western education.

Western education gave birth to the technology they abuse today and yet they're still bent on critics.
Re: My Mission Is To Bridge The Education Gap Between The Northern And Southern Nige by Jabioro: 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
Slamming sense into their empty skull.. enter aeroplane to perform haji yet you abhor western technology.. Omo this one na below the belt..

1 Like

Re: My Mission Is To Bridge The Education Gap Between The Northern And Southern Nige by coolzeal(m): 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2017
The Northern elites and political leaders fail to understand that, those alamajiris are ticking time bomb. Its like the old saying "One day bush go catch the hunter"...

A healthy competition in the South is the key to our development and human resources. At least, between the Igbo's and Yoruba's.
Re: My Mission Is To Bridge The Education Gap Between The Northern And Southern Nige by hucienda: 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2017
Na di same islam wey dem dey practice for UAE na im dem dey practice for north nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Mission Is To Bridge The Education Gap Between The Northern And Southern Nige by omolami: 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
Sanusi defintely has a very tedious task to accomplish in achieving this dream which might not even be in his life time. The northern backwardness educationally predate the birth of nigeria. It might take more than 57years to achieve. Not even in this era where some nothern governors reject almajiri schools for tuggery by same almajiri at elections. Sorry sanusi.
Re: My Mission Is To Bridge The Education Gap Between The Northern And Southern Nige by Dedetwo(m): 10:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
IkpuMmadu:
Emir Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, Nigeria’s foremost Northern city and Islamic symbol in Nigeria. Sanusi, is a clear departure from the line of the Emirs that have ruled the city. Having been exposed to western education and also knowing the importance of education and information. Emir Sanusi can be said to be a King with a kind of difference. A clear departure of the normal. An Emir that wants his people to experience the kind of awakening and education that is being felt in some advanced Islamic world like UAE, Qatar and maybe Malaysia, yet retaining their Islamic roots. How he does this, the country watches.

But , one thing that cannot be taken away from the reagent is his intelligence. As a first class material , worked as a banker and having headed the Central Bank, Nigeria’s apex bank and regulator and performed credibly well. The Emir can be said to be a man on a mission. A mission to exhume the backward dry Northern Nigeria from the depths.of ignorance and lack of education while retaining their Islamic roots. A mission to bridge the already widening gap between the conservative North and Progressive Southern Nigeria.

In his recent post (Instagram ) he said,

“I choose to fight for the progress of Nigerians and suggest solutions to their problems. It’s my duty to speak the truth about the ill-effects of conservative Muslims who are harming Islam rather than helping it.

I condemned their refusal to expand their knowledge outside their own religion and failure to realise that knowledge is power. I also correctly concluded denying the right to pursue scientific and technological knowledge and restricting people to Islamic knowledge is the best means of ensuring that Muslims in Northern Nigeria will be remain economically backward. I’m upset at the legion of beggars on the streets and is trying to bridge the gap between the backward North and the Southern parts of the nation.

I still believe that conservative Muslims are still stuck in the 13th Century and their claim that children need no other knowledge than Islamic studies flies in the face of reality. All the poverty, under-development and immense suffering in the North are a result of uneducated masses refusing to learn work or a trade. The majority of technicians in Kano are from the South while untrained indigenes beg. How does that make sense? Why is it that conservative Muslims who claim to be against scientific progress enter aeroplanes and fly to perform the Hajj in Mecca rather than using camels to cross the desert! Why do they watch sermons beamed by TV live from Mecca and read the Holy Quaran on their laptops yet profess to abhor modern technology? I’d like to point out that there is no harm in copying from the West if it brings succour to the masses of poverty stricken Muslims in Northern Nigeria.

After all Saudi Arabia, the “home” of Islam is known for its highly-rated airline, modern hospitals, indigenous oil industry and space program all of which make it a world leader. In our backward nation, we insist on denying the truth. Unless Northern political leaders like Governor Yari pay attention to me, there will never be a day when anywhere in the North will be like the modern Muslim cities of Kuala Lumpar, Istanbul, Jakarta, Lahore, Greater Cairo, Dacca, Karachi, Dubai, Riyadh or Faisalabad”.

As the current Emir of Kano and foremost Emir in Northern Nigeria, an Emir that when he “coughs” the whole North will catch cold. An Emir so revered that his words are his bond. It can finally be said that, with Sanusi at the helm of Northen affairs. We can confidently say that there is light at the end of Northen”tunnel”. Ranka Dede sir.

http://etimes.com.ng/2017/04/12/my-mission-is-to-bridge-the-education-gap-between-the-northern-and-southern-nigeria-emir-sanusi-lamido/

There is something humanly wrong with the picture the goons from northern region are trying very hard to pant with so-called academic dichotomy between the northern and southern regions of Nigeria. It is very laughable to hear and see the shenanigan being put up by the northerner s and when the federal government’s positions that required the aforementioned educational superiority, the northerners appeared to hold the edge. From every level of federal government appointments and positions held by the Nigerians, it does not take rocket scientist to understand that northern region of Nigeria has academic edge over the southern region. Unless a delusional ninny from the southern region of Nigeria will believe otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Daughter & Her Husband Celebrate 3rd Wedding Anniversary(pix / Senator Isiaka Adeleke Is Dead / Makarfi Urges Buhari To Hand Over To Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.