Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Big Brother Naija: Now That The Scales Are Off - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Naija: Now That The Scales Are Off (354 Views)

Kwese TV Scales Down Satellite TV Offering - From 76 To 15 Channels / Legend Extra Stout To Sponsor Big Brother Naija Double Wahala / Soma & Marvis Kissing In Bed On Big Brother Naija (Photos/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija: Now That The Scales Are Off by sapidsapiens: 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2017
Don’t be scared of what will come out next. I am not a killjoy and will not criticise anything or anybody. As a matter of fact, I want to begin by congratulating Efe Ejeba, the Warri-born artiste whose life has taken a drastic positive turn like the Biblical Jabez.

He is now healthier and richer by 25 million naira, the exact amount that can fund two hundred clean cookstove small cottage industries.Like I said, I am here to share in your joy; both the budding artiste and the sponsors of the reality TV show. I am here to shake hands and clink glasses with both Efe, his runners-up, and the organisers of the event. Efe, for rising by stroke of a mixture of luck and personality to be the owner of a luxury sport utility vehicle he would not have dreamed of owning at least until the next fifteen to twenty years, supposing he had a job before the show, with the current rate of progressing Nigeria at the moment, and to the sponsors, for their ability to detect our impulsive irrationality and duffel away the lion share of our resources. Cheers, everyone.

Now, the show is over. Now, the craze has ebbed. Now, our senses ought to have returned and the scales must have fallen off our eyes. Efe, congratulations! You tried. God has picked your call, as they say. You can quietly go make a decent life out of that money, and be sure your generation never experiences the squalor that moulded you.
As for PayPorte, GoTV and the rest, to the conference room. We need to talk. It’s gentleman talk, a round-table tete-a-tete between civilised individuals.

I have no problem with the idea of gathering unmarried men and women in a house for three months to expose their unclothedness, have unlicensed sex, and lie, brag and demean what Africa and her values hold sacrosanct. I have no problem with the idea of making celebrities of people who do next to nothing but being themselves, as you put it. It’s business to you, for all intents and purposes. It has been a jolly good ride, and the raking has been more than worth the investment. There was a record 26 million votes for the various contestants in the final week alone, approximately one-tenth of the population of our dear country, apart from the rapt and frenzied viewership your channels enjoyed, and the money made from the short code messaging. But this is neither love, nor war, and there are a number of things we can do, to make all fair.

Read more here: https://sapidsapiens.com/2017/04/12/big-brother-naija-now-that-the-scales-are-off/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Subscribe To Our Youtube Channel For Celeb Update / You Don't About Flankweight / Film And Music Production Should Be Done Locally, Here's Why!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.