Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Can It Be True? ''monaco Coach Convert Haruna Lukman To Defensive Role'' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can It Be True? ''monaco Coach Convert Haruna Lukman To Defensive Role'' (1730 Views)

Abdul Haruna Slumps & Dies During Match / Haruna Lukman Deserves Eagles Call Up / Haruna Lukman Impresses Lagerback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can It Be True? ''monaco Coach Convert Haruna Lukman To Defensive Role'' by opes: 7:01am On Dec 31, 2009
December 30, 2009

Youth international Lukman Haruna has expressed disappointment that no young midfielder was picked in Nigeria’s provisional squad for the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations, but that would not break his resolve to make the squad to the World Cup in June.

“I would have expected that a few of the young midfielders would have been given a chance if only to train with the team in South Africa, but that was not the case,” said the Monaco midfielder.

“All the same, I’m still hopeful that as long as I’m doing well at my club, I will be considered for the squad to the World Cup.”

Haruna made his full international debut in January 2008 against Sudan and was part of various squads in the qualifying tournament for the 2010 World Cup.

Monaco coach, Guy Lacombe, has also converted him as a defensive midfielder from his familiar attacking role.

“I have worked my socks off in training and the reward is that the coach has given me my chance in the first team, playing me in top games like against champions Bordeaux, and that has done my confidence a world of good,” disclosed Haruna. “I’m adapting to my new role quickly because I wish to make a name in this game.”

link
http://worldcup.mtnfootball.com/live/content.php?Item_ID=26194
Re: Can It Be True? ''monaco Coach Convert Haruna Lukman To Defensive Role'' by semid4lyfe(m): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2009
Mikel converted to DM, now Haruna too. Na real wa!
Re: Can It Be True? ''monaco Coach Convert Haruna Lukman To Defensive Role'' by opes: 3:10am On Jan 01, 2010
that is too bad for nigeria,some coaches are very selfish,how can haruna be converted to DM?
Re: Can It Be True? ''monaco Coach Convert Haruna Lukman To Defensive Role'' by deb(m): 11:09am On Jan 05, 2010
Is Haruna even a fantastic player like that? He's too lackadaisical in his approach to game.
I don't enjoy him and I don't feel any bad whatever decision is taken on him, club or national team level

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Born - Ogbona Named In Italy's Euro 2012 Squad / Name National Stadium After Okwaraji – Family;(Sam Okwaraji Stadium Orlu Ruined) / Glo NPFL 3SC 1-0 Akwa United Full-time and other scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.