Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House (7702 Views)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Cecilia Ibru Turns Evangelist, Relocates To Her Village / Inside Cecilia Ibru's V.I.P Cell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by skajove(m): 7:15am On Jan 01, 2010
i wont be surprised to hear more mind blowing news concerning ibru, but the main concern is where the money will go into? ask where all the money abacha's looted which the swiss bank brought back is, and your middle name will be changed to 'sorry', good radiance to bad rubbish
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by edoyad(m): 8:56am On Jan 01, 2010
First of, HAPPY NEW YEAR COMRADES. Secondly, where are all the Sanusi has a hidden agenda people ? Please come and contribute cos many of us were buying into the stories you sponsored on Nigerian news papers on how the whole thing was part of a conspiracy.
Please come out and contribute.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by bencobenz(m): 11:34am On Jan 01, 2010
fatai2:

Nairalanders,

Pls is there any one with full address of Cecilia`s daughter? am single & seriously searching for wife!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by ndypio: 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2010
about this whole Cecilia Ibru saga, i think we are overrating the issues. banks as business entities would usually be more comfortable paying rent in advance. that the bank used the companies of relatives and paid relatives of the CEO is not abnormal. as for the guest houses, all banks have them and soon it will be exposed that CBN and EFCC have theirs too even the state and local governments have them. in those shoes, i would do same, i'm a greedy capitalist nigerian. if i didn't live in nigeria, i would think nigerians are saints but i know we are not. so let us kindly wait for efcc to prove the offences then we swoop in to devour the lady. but i know as a nigerian that no 2 people buy things at the same price from the same market all the time. if they negotiate 1 billion for one year rent it is still their busines not mine. i need my own money 2 so i'd rather be scheming my way up than join all this noise being made for everyday occurences in naija
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by abinibi: 1:46pm On Jan 01, 2010
ndypio:

about this whole Cecilia Ibru saga, i think we are overrating the issues. banks as business entities would usually be more comfortable paying rent in advance. that the bank used the companies of relatives and paid relatives of the CEO is not abnormal. as for the guest houses, all banks have them and soon it will be exposed that CBN and EFCC have theirs too even the state and local governments have them. in those shoes, i would do same, i'm a greedy capitalist nigerian. if i didn't live in nigeria, i would think nigerians are saints but i know we are not. so let us kindly wait for efcc to prove the offences then we swoop in to devour the lady. but i know as a nigerian that no 2 people buy things at the same price from the same market all the time. if they negotiate 1 billion for one year rent it is still their busines not mine. i need my own money 2 so i'd rather be scheming my way up than join all this noise being made for everyday occurences in naija

Some comments on this issues shows a lot of ignorance in corporate gorvenance,please refer to my reflections on abuse of procurement process in the banks before Sanusi started his reform.

[b]Nairalanders,

I have some concerns about the banking industry and how they conduct business especially as it concerns the procurement function,this is due to investors reaction to some banks second quater results,they seems to have bogus profit declaration without these book profits translating to dividends or investment growth especially with the crash in stock price across the capital market and the banks being terribly affected,no thanks to the margin loans wahala.

Procurement is the function that most organisation are turning to for help,not because it provides all the solution to an organisations problem but because procurement has a huge potential for savings that could help alleviate problems faced with the realities of global financial crisis that has dunned on our bankers despite guru Soludo promise that our banks are safe.

I do not have any experience in banking operations but there are associated activities in the banking value chain that portends huge savings potential,they are marketing(advertisements on all the media),Logistics(Fuel,Transportation etc),Power(Operations & Maintenance,other incidental services etc),Information Technology & Telecomunication,Manpower services,Security,, many more areas I may not know because i do not operate in this enviroment but nairalanders can help to identify more areas with potentials for savings.

What I have noticed is our bankers seem to be too corky and see no gains in procurement ,they know everything already and do not want to know more perhaps they see procurement as a rivalry profession.I discussed with some internal control guys in one of the new generation banks,they lack so much about the procurement knowledge that they think is just another fad and no thanks to the CBN that seems to also know everything about banking and nothing about any other thing,their control over the operation of these banks is terrible,I wondered how they could not realise that procurement issues even go beyond coperate strategy issues but also coperate governance as procurement dwells on due process.

There are loopholes of procurement fraud and conflict of interest issues that pervades the banking industry ,there are examples of directors with brothers and sisters and family members registered as suppliers which are being used as backdoor channel for reaping investors of their hard earned money,masquerading as suppliers who are awarded contracts that are not competitively tendered.

My advice to the entire banking sector stakeholder is to start looking for solutions in procurement,unfortunately due to their naivety of what procurement entails,they think it is like just buying an item in the market without taking a lot of things into consideration as in the purchasing cycle.Many also makes the mistake of restricting procurement to operational level planning,what I would suggest to the banking sector is to start focusing on cost leadership strategy through procurement and stop all the propaganda on the media which seems a fallout of differentiation strategy as investors fund is lost through this aggressive marketing that has not provided the solution at this critical period.

I would be posting this on another thread for some bankers to be able to contribute to this piece.[/b]
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by edoyad(m): 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2010
I've not attended Management school, but from the little i know about Global best practices and Corporate governance it reeks of ish to high heavens to say There's nothing wrong with giving loans to companies you virtually own, giving contracts to family members, using corporate funds to hire property from yourself etc.
I can't believe some of the things i'm reading here, does any one know the meaning of "conflict of interest" at all ? Why can't a judge sit in a trial involving a family member ? Why can't a detective investigate the murder of his wife ?
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by kushe: 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2010
@ndypio,

for your own sake and that of your entire lineage i hope your post was entirely coated in sarcasm
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by kadzukky(m): 6:48pm On Jan 01, 2010
Nigeria, our dear battered country, see how greatly you are been wounded!!!

Isn't it funny Why are we surprised and who is complaining? Well, If like me you think she has no morals or conscience, then u are truly one of those who will someday move this great country forward.

It is so disgraceful that nowadays, people idolise crooks and criminals, there is no ethics or values in both the public and private sector anymore, it has become a jungle of sort, people now do anything and everything to continue making money that never satisfies them, little wonder our young ones will no longer go to school but prefer to go to cafes, surf the net to scam and even there own parents, this are the kinds of people who our police protect, God will save Naija.

Nigeria will definitely flourish again.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by fatai2: 10:08pm On Jan 01, 2010
Nairalanders,

Pls who wil give me Cecilia`s Ibru Daughter Address? am sigle & in search of wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Choco5: 10:12pm On Jan 01, 2010
fatai2:

Nairalanders,

Pls who wil give me Cecilia`s Ibru Daughter Address? am sigle & in search of wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5, Ojutija St., Fokasibe, Meiran, lagos
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by fatai2: 10:50pm On Jan 01, 2010
Choko5,

Thank u, i wil try my luck so that i get somthing frm Oceanic bounties.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by coolesthun(m): 7:44am On Jan 02, 2010
lets hope we Nigerians will have a new sense of Patrioitism this new year 2010. We can't continue like this, let's share the national cake equally, I bet it's enough to go round, This amount of money could have funded a lot of scholarships for students and given homes to a lot of homeless, what a pity!
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by Genuflect(m): 10:01am On Jan 02, 2010
I trust China. Dem go don shoot this greedy broad for the back of her neck

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by pureminded: 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2010
shocked N225m For Living In Own House? I Love Polictics/Banking/FraudĀ  cheesy
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by echobee(f): 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2010
lord of mercy.what is this life turning to?
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by wealth123: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2010
BLASPHEMY NOT ALLOWED ON NAIRALAND FORUM PLEASE

To TUDOR and the rest who are speaking blasphemy i pity you. why use nairaland to blaspheme and write things that can bring religious war, I think the moderator should caution people like this.

CAN YOU WRITE THIS KIND OF BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST ABOUT MOHAMMED? AM SURE A FATWA WILL BE DECLARED ON YOU AND NAIRALAND WILL BE SUBJECTED TO ISLAMIC PERSECUTION. OSEWA IS DOING A GOOD JOB. PLEASE IF THIS PEOPLE FAIL TO STOP THIS NONSENSE, CANCEL THEIR MEMBERSHIP AND DELIST THEM.

WE SHOULD MAKE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM AND BE VERY OBJECTIVE. WE SHOULD NOT BE TALKING LIKE AREA BOYS. NAIRALANDERS ARE INTELLIGENT PEOPLE.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by DEGENTLE2: 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2010
its disheartning that we are having this kind of a ugly situation in our hands;what we need right now is god's deliverance--nobody is holy
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by PastorAIO: 2:36am On Jan 04, 2010
vislabraye:

OH, I thought Sanusi was victimizing her,

Was it not Sanusi that made her steal I mean mismanage ?

Ibru comes from a rich family after all they own properties before she came to Oceanic. This woman is a very fantastic banker. Oceanic has won the bank of the year twice, and it keeps waxing strong until Sanusi came on board. Cecilia her self is a phenomenal woman; she came from the kitchen to a successful banker. She had to sacrifice her marriage for the growth of the bank and now Sanusi has taken it from her.

This industrious woman, the doyen of the bank has appeared on some many talk show ( esp. moments with mo, she and Dora on how women could be entrepreneurs ).
She hosted the pepsi football challenge and many others, grin grin

Are you alright, you this person? What has been rich got to do with being a thief? Do you think every thief is like you?

There are various motivations for human behaviour and crimes. True, there are crimes of desperation where someone steals because he is hungry, but that is not the only type of crime.

There is kleptomania which is a form of madness.

There are many motivating factors, but in Cecilia's case I would put it down to demonic possession possibly contracted from her contact with Redeemed Church of Crooks, or possibly even contracted prior to her involvement with them.

As a social disease this neurotic drive to acquisitiveness is based on spiritual deprivation. It is based on a a deep seated sense of want that has nothing to do with one's actual situation in life.

When someone gets afflicted with a sense of Want it will not matter how much money they actually have they will still feel insecure.
On the other hand we have all seen the opposite scenario where you see someone that has so little but they are so content and they are even offering to share the little that they have with you.

[b]So you see, sense of contentment or sense of want is actually 'psychological' and has little to do with what you actually have.
[/b]I put 'psychological' in inverted commas because I could just have easily said spiritual.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by PastorAIO: 2:42am On Jan 04, 2010
edoyad:

First of, HAPPY NEW YEAR COMRADES. Secondly, where are all the Sanusi has a hidden agenda people ? Please come and contribute cos many of us were buying into the stories you sponsored on Nigerian news papers on how the whole thing was part of a conspiracy.
Please come out and contribute.

I still think that it is part of a conspiracy, of course. But that is not the point. The point is that she is a criminal and has thus exposed herself to attack from the conspirators.

In a nation of thieves when one thief makes a noise to expose another thief it is not just because the other thief is what he is. There is another reason behind. Maybe she messed him up on a deal that they were supposed to do together. Maybe indeed there is a conspiracy from the north against the south, maybe this, maybe that. The fact is that we don't know, but I know enough about politics to know that there is more to it than what meets the eye.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by sayso: 7:32am On Jan 04, 2010
why can't they keep her in detention for the rest of her enjoying life.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by harpo(m): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2010
Its like we never see anything yet for this country, till when this so called rich baggars finish this country, GOD IS TRUELY JUST
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by dfanthom(m): 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2010
sad, sadd, saddd!!!

she got greedy & the greed consumed her. . . .

cry
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by NIGboi(m): 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Are you alright, you this person? What has been rich got to do with being a thief? Do you think every thief is like you?

There are various motivations for human behaviour and crimes. True, there are crimes of desperation where someone steals because he is hungry, but that is not the only type of crime.

There is kleptomania which is a form of madness.

There are many motivating factors, but in Cecilia's case I would put it down to demonic possession possibly contracted from her contact with Redeemed Church of Crooks, or possibly even contracted prior to her involvement with them.

As a social disease this neurotic drive to acquisitiveness is based on spiritual deprivation. It is based on a a deep seated sense of want that has nothing to do with one's actual situation in life.

When someone gets afflicted with a sense of Want it will not matter how much money they actually have they will still feel insecure.
On the other hand we have all seen the opposite scenario where you see someone that has so little but they are so content and they are even offering to share the little that they have with you.

[b]So you see, sense of contentment or sense of want is actually 'psychological' and has little to do with what you actually have.
[/b]I put 'psychological' in inverted commas because I could just have easily said spiritual.

I don't see what this has to do with a church for God's sake. you guys just use anything to try and discredit the church. its getting real lame. try something new. When a moslem 'steals' money (have u asked on what terms she was paid that money for the house) u don't open ur mouth to talk about the 'thieving' mosque he attends. WHY? if u have an answer let me know.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by PastorAIO: 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

I don't see what this has to do with a church for God's sake. you guys just use anything to try and discredit the church. its getting real lame. try something new. When a moslem 'steals' money (have u asked on what terms she was paid that money for the house) u don't open your mouth to talk about the 'thieving' mosque he attends. WHY? if u have an answer let me know.

actually this is exactly what happens! If a muslim gets involved in terrorism activity the entire mosque he belongs to will fall under heavy MI5 and FBI surveillance.

I was looking for a thread that someone opened a couple of days ago where the OP stated that she had just come from church after which she felt like she had to make money one way or the other quick quick because of the pressure that the sermon made her feel. It was like, if you're poor then you are doing something wrong because when you are close to God God will bless you with riches.

I'm not sure if it was Redeemed Church of Crooks that she went to but that is the general idea that they put out there too. All that prosperity preaching is distracting christians away from their focus on God's plan for them. It is demonic. You go to these churches and you feel so much pressure due to your financial situation. Then when they do make some money they then try to demonstrate how God has blessed them by making donations to the church as part of a show off. It is such ostentatious rubbish. And evil rubbish at that.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by NIGboi(m): 10:04pm On Jan 04, 2010
Pastor AIO:

actually this is exactly what happens! If a muslim gets involved in terrorism activity the entire mosque he belongs to will fall under heavy MI5 and FBI surveillance.

I was looking for a thread that someone opened a couple of days ago where the OP stated that she had just come from church after which she felt like she had to make money one way or the other quick quick because of the pressure that the sermon made her feel. It was like, if you're poor then you are doing something wrong because when you are close to God God will bless you with riches.

I'm not sure if it was Redeemed Church of Crooks that she went to but that is the general idea that they put out there too. All that prosperity preaching is distracting christians away from their focus on God's plan for them. It is demonic. You go to these churches and you feel so much pressure due to your financial situation. Then when they do make some money they then try to demonstrate how God has blessed them by making donations to the church as part of a show off. It is such ostentatious rubbish. And evil rubbish at that.

i have problems with u calling the church redeemed christian church of crooks. the thread u were talking about, what kind of pressure. its actually u telling urself to do something? i actually don't believe u should be poor but that doesn't make me steal.i go to church like every sunday but i don't hear messages that make me want to steal. but prosperity is part of God's plan for us right, so if ur pastor preaches that God wants us to prosper nad then u steal in order to have money, then its u not the church that is the problem.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by PastorAIO: 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2010
N.I.Gboi:

i have problems with u calling the church redeemed christian church of crooks. the thread u were talking about, what kind of pressure. its actually u telling urself to do something? i actually don't believe u should be poor but that doesn't make me steal.i go to church like every sunday but i don't hear messages that make me want to steal. but prosperity is part of God's plan for us right, so if your pastor preaches that God wants us to prosper nad then u steal in order to have money, then its u not the church that is the problem.

So you don't think that the status that is given to the rich in these churches has anything to do with it.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by NIGboi(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2010
Pastor AIO:

So you don't think that the status that is given to the rich in these churches has anything to do with it.

what kind of status? respect, that is what it should be. they should be accorded respect (for those with legal income), yes. and maybe that should encourage people to work hard. the issue is that people always twist things to what they really want. they hear and see only what they want.
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by PastorAIO: 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2010
Okay o, let's take another look at this from another angle. Do you think that when Ibru etc were buying a jet for Adeboye that he at any point stopped them and said,"hang on a minute guys, how are we going to afford all this?"
He is not an uneducated man, he knows what the purchase cost and running costs of Jets are. I suspect that he also gets tithes from Ibru so he must have some idea of what she is earning and what she can afford. The guys is even a mathematician so doing the sums will be no problem for him.

Is it likely that he couldn't smell a fish in the purchase of the Jet? It is either that he smelt the fish but didn't care, which is wrong if he is supposed to be pastoring her. Or he is in cahoots with her, Akingbola and the rest of their ilk. So do you not see that The Redeemed Church of Crooks is really and truly a den of thieves.
Shine ya eye guy. If it was just her then maybe by stretching our imaginations to the cusp of breaking point we can accept that she has no accomplices in her life of roguery, but no, there is Akingbola too. That that is only in the banking sector. What about all the politicians? Is Obasanjo not amongst them? Oh give me a break guy. Believe what you want but things are very clear to me.

1 Like

Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by NIGboi(m): 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2010
the plane was bought by some business men not in his name or in the name of the church. they offered its services to the church. moreover, she has so many other investments.
its not a den of thieves, whatever ur reasons are. obasanjo goes there and so what? all the other politiciaNS that attend catholic, anglican and other churches, do they make those churches den of thieves? all the muslim politicians and businessmen that go to mosques, do they make they mosques den of thieves?
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by PastorAIO: 12:27am On Jan 05, 2010
We'll talk about those one's when it is their turn. Right now we are talking about Ibru and her own particular den of thieves.

Please that is a childish excuse I probably last used when I was 6 year old. "Other people are doing it too".
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by NIGboi(m): 12:36am On Jan 05, 2010
this isn't about what other people are doing. i dnt think its right to do things that everybody is doing. well i believe this matters should be handled in the courts before we start calling people thieves. but i don't think we should call the church names for actions of individuals
Re: Cecilia Ibru Paid N225m For Living In Own House by smakcad(m): 8:10am On Jan 05, 2010
really me feel like i wan to cry.if this woman epecially that many ladies look up to de do like thi, i think it is therefore a licence for others to behave the same way.for me sha.this is insanity.this woman sud be punished.
for the man,highly respected hmmm, big big big shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers 'intercept' Boko Haram Vehicle Loaded With Bombs On Gombe-bauchi Road / Obasanjo: "The Danger Posed By Unemployed Youths Is Real & Potent / Photo: How Gej Has Mismanaged Our Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.