Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank (2418 Views)

My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On / Between 2001 W210 E320 And W203 C320 Help Choose!! / My Nissan Primera Engine Goes Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank by CrownV12(m): 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2017
I have a little problem I'd like your insights on. My Benz c320 used to trip off at quarter tank thereabout like it ran out of fuel. I had it checked out thinking the gauge was bad or something. The tank was opened and there was fuel in it and the gauge was pretty accurate. The rewire took just worked around with it and told me the problem was over but the problem persists. I got in touch with another rewire who diagnosed the vehicle and told me to replace the pedal sensor as the vehicle was stalling and I thought it was as a result of the fuel problem, upon replacement the vehicle stopped stalling but as regards the engine going off the same rewire asked me to change the entire tank. One of the rewires think the fuel pump/sending unit is the culprit while the other one(the one that diagonised and asked me to change pedal sensor too) thinks it's the entire tank. I am genuinely confused about the rewire to go with as I don't want trial and errors.

Gazzuzz and other automobile gurus please come through.
Re: Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank by Mutuwa(m): 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
CrownV12:
I have a little problem I'd like your insights on. My Benz c320 used to trip off at quarter tank thereabout like it ran out of fuel. I had it checked out thinking the gauge was bad or something. The tank was opened and there was fuel in it and the gauge was pretty accurate. The rewire took just worked around with it and told me the problem was over but the problem persists. I got in touch with another rewire who diagnosed the vehicle and told me to replace the pedal sensor as the vehicle was stalling and I thought it was as a result of the fuel problem, upon replacement the vehicle stopped stalling but as regards the engine going off the same rewire asked me to change the entire tank. One of the rewires think the fuel pump/sending unit is the culprit while the other one(the one that diagonised and asked me to change pedal sensor too) thinks it's the entire tank. I am genuinely confused about the rewire to go with as I don't want trial and errors.

fuel pump could be one..
happened to me some years back with a c240.

air flow meter could be another.
Re: Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank by honmusa(m): 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2017
CrownV12:

Seek a third opinion,take to a professional diagnostics centre who knows his onion for accurate diagnosis .
If you are in lagos ,contact autologic @ 08061166316
Re: Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank by king406(m): 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2017
Most likely na the oga, aka fuel pump
Re: Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank by drhappy(m): 1:38am On Apr 14, 2017
CrownV12:

the actuator of your injector nozzle is either bad or the nozzle pipe itself is clogged preventing return of fuel to the other half of your tank on the left side.
It's the return that moves fuel into the active side on the right which in your own case makes the car go off once you use up the fuel on that side.
Ask your mechanic (not rewire) to check for fuel return and if absent, let him trace the point of obstruction.
Don't waste your time, energy and money on pumps or another tank. It is not something you diagnose either.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank by pheleix: 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
CrownV12:

Did you finally solve this issue?
Re: Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank by nakoks(m): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2017
Change fuel pump and thats the end.

1 Like

Re: Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank by CrownV12(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
pheleix:

Did you finally solve this issue?

Yes I did. It was just the fuel pump. I changed it and the car returned to is normal state.
Re: Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank by pheleix: 9:25am On Sep 24, 2017
CrownV12:

Yes I did. It was just the fuel pump. I changed it and the car returned to is normal state.

Ok. I hope you changed the filter as well , cos a restricted filter contributes to such problem and weakens the pump . It happened to me, all I did was to wash the filter with cab cleaner, invariably my pump was still Ok. What's the psi before and after your filter?
Re: Mercedes Benz C320 Engine Goes Off At Half Tank by CrownV12(m): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2017
pheleix:

Ok. I hope you changed the filter as well , cos a restricted filter contributes to such problem and weakens the pump . It happened to me, all I did was to wash the filter with cab cleaner, invariably my pump was still Ok. What's the psi before and after your filter?

Yes, the filter was also replaced. I have no idea what the psi was after the change.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of New Radiator / I Need A Car Of 600k ..toyota ... / Please I Done Enter Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.