Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,280 members, 7,957,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

Questions And Answers On Divorce, Separation And Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions And Answers On Divorce, Separation And Marriage (472 Views)

Divorce Or Separation? / Bible Message On Divorce / According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions And Answers On Divorce, Separation And Marriage by simeonabio(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
I feel the best way to deal with the issue is using question/answer method
Question: Are we allowed to divorce our spouses?
Answer: No, we are not allowed to divorce our spouses except on the ground of sexual infidelity that is adultery or fornication
Mat 19:7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
Mat 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
Mat 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Mat 5:31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
Mat 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Question: Can I divorce my spouse on grounds such as being impotent, violent, barrenness, uncaring, rudeness, 3rd party influences etc.
Answer: No you cannot, because there is no infidelity involved but you are allowed to separate (not divorce) from him/her. I mean live apart
1Co 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
1Co 7:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

Mat 5:31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:
Mat 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
Mat 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

1Co 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
1Co 7:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

The reason is for marriage more than child bearing, it is actually to deal with loneliness (it is not good for man to be alone, the Lord says in Gen 2:18) . So if your reason for seeking divorce, is because of barrenness and impotency. You never understood the original reason why marriage was instituted. If he/she is violent, uncaring, or you noticed too much of 3rd party influences in your marriage, you can seek counselling and help to overcoming such issues in your marriage, possibly leave apart for awhile you trash out issues among yourselves to save your marriage.
Question: Can I separate from my spouse because I cannot not endure the marriage any longer?
Answer: Yes, you can separate from your spouse (not divorce) since there is no immoral act involved but you cannot remarry. If do remarry, you are committing adultery
Question :Can I divorce my spouse because of immoral act.
Answer: Yes, you can! It is only legal ground from God to seek divorce.
But you should consider what God asked the prophet Hosea to do with his wayward wife
Hos 3:1 Then said the LORD unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of her friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the LORD toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine.
Hos 3:2 So I bought her to me for fifteen pieces of silver, and for an homer of barley, and an half homer of barley:
Hos 3:3 And I said unto her, Thou shalt abide for me many days; thou shalt not play the harlot, and thou shalt not be for another man: so will I also be for thee.
Hosea’s wife, after being married, was still been bent on committing adultery, yet the Lord demanded the prophet to reconcile with his adulterous wife. Adultery is bad, and God hates it, but God still wants harmony in marriages and house.
Question: I have separated from my spouse and I have no plan of returning back to him/her. Can I remarry!
Answer: No, you cannot remarry as long as your estrange spouse is alive. You have to wait for him/her to die before you can remarry.
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Let hear your views on the subject matter.

Source: http://biblequizng.com/divorceandseparation

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Rapture And Jesus Second Coming? / If You Walk With Jesus, You Will be Cleansed / Sermons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.