Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,522 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC (1071 Views)

Saraki Kicks As Court Orders Forfeiture Of N1 Billion Houses / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Kola Aluko’s $73m, N350m Properties / Untold Story Of The N13billion Recovered From Ikoyi, Lagos Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by deantimes(m): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
THE Federal High Court in Lagos has granted the request of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, that the $43,449,947, £27,800 and N23,218,000 recovered from an Ikoyi, Lagos, apartment be forfeited to the federal government.

The total value of the money at the Central Bank official exchange rate is over N13 billion.

The EFCC recovered the huge cash, presumed to have been looted, on Wednesday from an Osborne Street, Ikoyi apartment in Lagos State.

The anti-graft agency said it acted following a tip from a whistle-blower.

In his ruling, Justice Muslim Hassan ordered temporary forfeiture of the money to the government.

He adjourned further proceedings to May 5 for anyone interested or wishing to claim the money and make case why it should not be permanently forfeited to the government.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/04/court-orders-forfeiture-of-money-recovered-from-ikoyi-lagos-house-by-efcc/
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by Afriifa(m): 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2017
Good
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by seunmsg(m): 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2017

He adjourned further proceedings to May 5 for anyone interested or wishing to claim the money and make case why it should not be permanently forfeited to the government.

It's about 24 hours now since EFCC made the staggering discovery of the money and up till now, nobody has come up to claim ownership. Instead, most names traced to it are denying ownership. Shows clearly that the money is a product of corruption and nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by deantimes(m): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
We are watching where this one-sided corruption war will end.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by kitaatita: 5:25pm On Apr 13, 2017
seunmsg:

It's about 24 hours now since EFCC made the staggering discovery of the money and up till now, nobody has come up to claim ownership. Instead, most names traced to it are denying ownership. Shows clearly that the money is a product of corruption and nothing else.

EFCC is being strategic this time by not naming the owner of the money. The person can present himself /herself within two weeks if he/she doesn't want the court to grant permanent forfeiture.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by kitaatita: 5:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
deantimes:
You don't really seem happy that EFCC is making modest progress in its anti-corruption campaign. Do you hate this country or its leadership?

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by Garrithe1st: 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
deantimes:

Supporter and fan of thieves..

grin
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by deantimes(m): 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
kitaatita:

You don't really seem happy that EFCC is making modest progress in its anti-corruption campaign. Do you hate this country or its leadership?

I hate the leadership, if on democracy day Nigerians are not told how much have been covered so far then there's trouble.

You recover money and people like Babachir Lawal are still stealing it back, of what then is the fight against corruption?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by deantimes(m): 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2017
Garrithe1st:

Supporter and fan of thieves..

grin

Be laughing and remain deceived.

You recovered money why not pump it into the economy and ease the suffering of the masses?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by kitaatita: 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2017
deantimes:

I hate the leadership, if on democracy day Nigerians are not told how much have been covered so far then there's trouble.

You recover money and people like Babachir Lawal are still stealing it back, of what then is the fight against corruption?
Let me tell you a bit about Babachir. I reason, I don't flow with the crowd nor am I motivated bigotry. The Senate passed a resolution based on an interim investigation report and asked the President to remove his appointee. The report which was transmitted to the President had minority number of the ad-hoc investigation committee members appending their signature. At the time it was presented to the whole sitting of the Senate, more members of the committee had signed. The president reverted to the Senate that he can't act on an interim report which was signed by minority of its members. They should conclude their investigations and sign the report. Proper things should be done properly.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by Garrithe1st: 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
deantimes:

Be laughing and remain deceived.

You recovered money why not pump it into the economy and ease the suffering of the masses?

Money is being pumped into the economy via investments in infrastructure and social intervention programs. The problem is that simpletons like you would rather such monies be handed over to looters as was done in the previous administration..

Keep weeping bro...

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by Day169: 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2017
That makes the nation about N16 billion richer. The government shouldn't bother going after the alleged thief (there are more monies to go after with the little time left)
..But they shouldn't forget the whistle blower's cut o!
Going to get my whistle too. cheesy
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by AirFireEarthH20: 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nigerians are too easy to be deceived. No money was discovered anywhere. I repeat, no money was discovered anywhere.

What EFCC and this disastrous govt do is to plant money somewhere, take picture and makes media noise about it when that one dies down they bring up another similar case to deceive the gullibles.

If you doubt me, ask them to give account of all the money they lied they have discovered since buhari came to power

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by deantimes(m): 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2017
kitaatita:

Let me tell you a bit about Babachir. I reason, I don't flow with the crowd nor am I motivated bigotry. The Senate passed a resolution based on an interim investigation report and asked the President to remove his appointee. The report which was transmitted to the President had minority number of the ad-hoc investigation committee members appending their signature. At the time it was presented to the whole sitting of the Senate, more members of the committee had signed. The president reverted to the Senate that he can't act on an interim report which was signed by minority of its members. They should conclude their investigations and sign the report. Proper things should be done properly.

How many members signed that Saraki should be removed while his trial is ongoing?

I thought no one is quilty until proven by a competent court of law?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by deantimes(m): 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
Garrithe1st:

Money is being pumped into the economy via investments in infrastructure and social intervention programs. The problem is that simpletons like you would rather such monies be handed over to looters as was done in the previous administration..

Keep weeping bro...

cheesy

Monies pumped into economy and Nigerians are dying of Hunger while cows grow fatter than they were?

I'm not a hungry Nigerian, just that when I see fellow country people suffering, I weep.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by ijebuloaded(m): 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2017
Good
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by ijebuloaded(m): 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2017
AirFireEarthH20:
Nigerians are too easy to be deceived. No money was discovered anywhere. I repeat, no money was discovered anywhere.

What EFCC and this disastrous govt do is to plant money somewhere, take picture and makes media noise about it when that one dies down they bring up another similar case to deceive the gullibles.

If you doubt me, ask them to give account of all the money they lied they have discovered since buhari came to power

National Enemy Spotted

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by seunmsg(m): 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
AirFireEarthH20:

I have been expecting you wailers to come up with your usual lines that the discovery is all lies and propaganda since morning. I almost gave up until you showed up. You guys never disappoint.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by OreMI22: 7:01pm On Apr 13, 2017
The money belongs to Folorunsho Alakija.

They will still give her money back.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by AirFireEarthH20: 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2017
seunmsg:

I have been expecting you wailers to come up with your usual lines that the discovery is all lies and propaganda since morning. I almost gave up until you showed up. You guys never disappoint.

Oga BMC chief, tell your paymaster to give us account of all the fake monies they've discovered since buhari came to power. Abi Savings Burutai, Babachir Lawal, Abduraman Dambazau, Lootimy Amaechi they keep am for us inside their stomach?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by otokx(m): 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nigeria has money.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Money Recovered From Ikoyi-lagos House By EFCC by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
yes of course, it has no owner

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Buhari Finally Resumes, Meets AGF, GMD Nnpc...see Details / 2019 Elections: Cabal Wants Osinbajos Resignation Says Princess Hadiza / There Are Only Two Tribes In Nigeria;the Elites And The Masses -EMIR SAMUSI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.