Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Can Plantain Tree And Palm Tree Be Raise Together ? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can Plantain Tree And Palm Tree Be Raise Together ? (3319 Views)

Palm Tree Growing Inside A High Tension Electric Pole In Delta State (Photos) / Plantain Tree With Just One Fruit / Boy Falls Off Palm Tree And Dies In Anambra (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Plantain Tree And Palm Tree Be Raise Together ? by Holyman100: 7:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
Hello house please i need your advice. i have an acre of land and i am thinking of raising two perennial crops on it. I mean plantain and palm tree to be precise. I want to know if i should go on with the idea or i should only plant one out of it . thanks
Re: Can Plantain Tree And Palm Tree Be Raise Together ? by fecundility(m): 7:37pm On Apr 13, 2017
yes very good intercrop bro

1 Like

Re: Can Plantain Tree And Palm Tree Be Raise Together ? by Agritech(m): 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
Yes you can. The spacing for oil palm is 9m by 9m. The plants are usually far apart, hence you can intercrop till they are about 4 years old when the canopy will cover. Plantain is one of the most common and also one of the most profitable intercrop for oil palm. You would plant in the oil palm interlines.

If you are planning on intercropping them perpetually, you would plant the oil palm in a 9m by 16m or a 9m by 20m spacing.

2 Likes

Re: Can Plantain Tree And Palm Tree Be Raise Together ? by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 14, 2017
Agritech:
Yes you can. The spacing for oil palm is 9m by 9m. The plants are usually far apart, hence you can intercrop till they are about 4 years old when the canopy will cover. Plantain is one of the most common and also one of the most profitable intercrop for oil palm. You would plant in the oil palm interlines.

If you are planning on intercropping them perpetually, you would plant the oil palm in a 9m by 16m or a 9m by 20m spacing.
Good to know. I thought it would be difficult since they are of the same family group.
Re: Can Plantain Tree And Palm Tree Be Raise Together ? by fecundility(m): 3:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
the ideal spacing for Palm kernel is 7.8m by 7.8m while plantain is 3m by 3m. just do it normal no need of much spacing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need Advice In Rearing Turkey / Can One Still Break Even In Catfish Farming Or Profit / Obtain Big Agricultural Loan With This New Development:Expand Your Farm Busines!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.