Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp (1636 Views)

Soleimani With US Troops Coordinating Attacks On ISIS (picture) / Breaking: US Drops Largest Non-nuclear Bomb In Afghanistan / US Drops The "Mother Of All Bombs" In Afghanistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Sunnynwa: 7:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
The US has dropped the "mother of all bombs" - the largest non-nuclear weapon ever used in combat by the US military - on an area of eastern Afghanistan known to be populated by Isis-affiliated militants.

The Pentagon said the strike was the first time the 21,000lb weapon had been used in combat operations.

A spokesperson for the US Department of Defence confirmed to The Independent that a MC-130 aircraft dropped a GBU-43 bomb at 7pm local time.

The weapon is known in the US Air Force by its nickname MOAB, or "mother of all bombs". MOAB stands for massive ordinance air blast.

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said the US had used a “large, powerful and accurately-delivered weapon” to disrupt the movements of militants in the country.

Pentagon spokesman Adam Stump said the bomb was dropped on a cave complex believed to be used by fighters affiliated to Isis in the Achin district of Nangarhar, close to the border with Pakistan.

The Pentagon said the mission had been in the planning stages for months. However, they "did not have the information" on whether the mission was being planned during the previous Obama administration.

“This is the right munition to reduce these obstacles and maintain the momentum of our offensive against Isis,” General John Nicholson, the head of US and international forces in Afghanistan, said in a statement.

Though the Pentagon confirmed to The Independent that the "signoff" went up to General Joseph Votel, commander of US Central Command, they could not say whether the order went all the way up to the White House.

A source said Donald Trump may have authorised the use of the bomb but he does not have to. There has been no official confirmation of the President’s involvement in the strike.

Central Command approval was required because the MOAB had to be moved across theatres to prepare for the mission.

Mr Spicer avoided answering any questions on whether Mr Trump was involved in the bombing, instead deferring to the Department of Defence.

The cargo aircraft used to drop the bomb was already located in Afghanistan prior to the mission.

There have been no assessments of civilian deaths as yet and it was not immediately clear how much damage the bomb did.

The 'mother of all bombs' was developed and tested shortly before the 2003 Iraq war.

Retired Lt. Col. Rick Francona told CNN the blast would “feel like a nuclear weapon to anyone near the area".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/gbu-43b-mother-of-all-bombs-massive-ordnance-air-blast-afghanistan-isis-a7682996.html
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Sunnynwa: 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
Lalasticlala, Trump means business.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by DrDeji20(m): 8:09pm On Apr 13, 2017
this stubborn and foolish man will bring this world to a nuclear war. when countries will start showcasing thier bombs too.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by CecyAdrian(f): 8:17pm On Apr 13, 2017
In as much as this is a good news, trump should be very careful!
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by SalamRushdie: 8:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
DrDeji20:
this stubborn and foolish man will bring this world to a nuclear war. when countries will start showcasing thier bombs too.

Why are you annoyed an ISIS camp was bombed ? This is just the beginning before the 8 years of trump is over we would have sent all Muslim terrorist and their sympathizers to hell
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Cornel101: 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2017
War here and there.am alone on this,who else thinks the end of world is nearer?
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Favorite1: 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2017
Cornel101:
War here and there.am alone on this,who else thinks the end of world is nearer?

It should hurry up and come abeg. I haf tayad
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 9:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Why are you annoyed an ISIS camp was bombed ? This is just the beginning before the 8 years of trump is over we would have sent all Muslim terrorist and their sympathizers to hell
Buddy, you don't know anything about war just like the clueless and idiotic trump. With all the infrastructures in America decaying, the worthless trump is bombing to take people's mind of Russiagate. He was against interfering in foreign problems when he was running but now he's bombing everything. Trump is a black spot on America and he is the worst president in my lifetime so far. Whatever happened to Make America Great Again?. Is bombing the caves in Afghanistan and trying to start a nuclear war good for America ?. He's a classic conman .
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by SalamRushdie: 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Buddy, you don't know anything about war just like the clueless and idiotic trump. With all the infrastructures in America decaying, the worthless trump is bombing to take people's mind of Russiagate. He was against interfering in foreign problems when he was running but now he's bombing everything. Trump is a black spot on America and he is the worst president in my lifetime so far. Whatever happened to Make America Great Again?. Is bombing the caves in Afghanistan and trying to start a nuclear war good for America ?. He's a classic conman .

I wasnt in support of his stike against Syria but I support this whole heartedly ,it show the POTUS is no scared of using big munition when the need arises..Classic gunboat diplomacy fro te Trump..Meanwhile Lucas you girl Hillary has been sending and receiving emails advising she was funding Alqueda in syria ..Please see attached

Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Onopa(m): 3:14am On Apr 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:

U still de cry for election

I tire for u oo
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 3:26am On Apr 14, 2017
Onopa:

U still de cry for election

I tire for u oo
A fool still trying to find his path in life talking.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 3:35am On Apr 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I wasnt in support of his stike against Syria but I support this whole heartedly ,it show the POTUS is no scared of using big munition when the need arises..Classic gunboat diplomacy fro te Trump..Meanwhile Lucas you girl Hillary has been sending and receiving emails advising she was funding Alqueda in syria ..Please see attached
You keep on swallowing junk right wing hate merchants that loathes people that looks like you are throwing at you . God will purge you of the toxic juice trump gave you to believe in his bs. He won't give you the liberation you want from him because he doesn't give a damn about people that looks like you. If he hates Obama because of Obama's skin color, guess what he will think about you in Africa ?. You don't even appear on his radar.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Mazeltovscotty(m): 4:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
you sounded like a Democrat
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 4:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
you sounded like a Democrat
And you sounded like a Republicon.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Mazeltovscotty(m): 5:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
And you sounded like a Republican.
Yes. Little wonder your likes still bellieve in sheer diplomacy
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
Yes. Little wonder your likes still bellieve in sheer diplomacy
Easy for you to spout your Jingoist attitude in Nigeria. If you are so much jingoistic, go take arms against Boko Haram.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Mazeltovscotty(m): 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Easy for you to spout your Jingoist attitude in Nigeria. If you are so much jingoistic, go take arms against Boko Haram.
can't stop laughing. How about the incessant shoot out over there?
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
can't stop laughing. How about the incessant shoot out over there?
zYhe clueless and idiotic trump is moving the world towards nuclear war and fools in Africa are hailing him not knowing the implications. Go ask the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki after 60 years if they are still not feeling this effects. Africa will feel the worst impact because of the radiation God forbids.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Mazeltovscotty(m): 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
zYhe clueless and idiotic trump is moving the world towards nuclear war and fools in Africa are hailing him not knowing the implications. Go ask the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki after 60 years if they are still not feeling this effects. Africa will feel the worst impact because of the radiation God forbids.
while the slowpoke people with feather-brains and uncultured individuals of your likes keep supporting a spineless critter Obama whose illogical doctrines has expanded terrorism all over globe. Sorry, i hurt you!
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 6:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
while the slowpoke people with feather-brains and uncultured individuals of your likes keep supporting a spineless critter Obama whose illogical doctrines has expanded terrorism all over globe. Sorry, i hurt you!
Village skunk wallowing in abject poverty and living on less than $2 a day is advocating for war. Life must be hard for a brainstem like you that can't defend your country against Boko Haram but want America to wage war unnecessarily . Mystery loves company. Die in your no electricity, mosquitos filled cave.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Mazeltovscotty(m): 7:10pm On Apr 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Village skunk wallowing in abject poverty and living on less than $2 a day is advocating for war. Life must be hard for a brainstem like you that can't defend your country against Boko Haram but want America to wage war unnecessarily . Mystery loves company. Die in your no electricity, mosquitos filled cave.
grin
Lucasbalo:
and what your watery sperm-like brain is telling you is that anybody that lives in Nigeria is living below the per capita incom. Little wonder you are sounding like a fat little boy who is having a nightmare over Donald Trump immigration policy.
Relax and forget what Trump said about deportation of blacks. What we need now is to synchronize our interests and stamp out terrorism all over the world by any means.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 7:19pm On Apr 14, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
grin and what your watery sperm-like brain is telling you is that anybody that lives in Nigeria is living below the per capita incom. Little wonder you are sounding like a fat little boy who is having a nightmare over Donald Trump immigration policy.
Relax and forget what Trump said about deportation of blacks. What we need now is to synchronize our interests and stamp out terrorism all over the world by any means.
Yellow eyed , Kwashiokor ravaged idiot like you can mouth off from your cave. Why can't you show your poverty ridden face. I couldn't care about trump's immigration policy. It doesn't have effect on me or anyone in my family. Brainstem not worried about the unending looting in Nigeria but so worried about a country he never step his foot on. Piece of garbage supporting a garbage president. I hope the mosquitos and rats in your little Skunky one room garbage you dwell in do a number on you tonight.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Mazeltovscotty(m): 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Yellow eyed , Kwashiokor ravaged idiot like you can mouth off from your cave. Why can't you show your poverty ridden face. I couldn't care about trump's immigration policy. It doesn't have effect on me or anyone in my family. Brainstem not worried about the unending looting in Nigeria but so worried about a country he never step his foot on. Piece of garbage supporting a garbage president. I hope the mosquitos and rats in your little Skunky one room garbage you dwell in do a number on you tonight.
i am not in a kiddish's show where kids like you would be called upon to showcase their fathers's property. I was in china 9 days ago with my wife, not the first time, countless of time and i am proud to be a Nigerian as well.
My boy, think big!!
I am living large here and married with kids. cool
Lucasbalo:
i am not in a kiddish's show where kids like you would be called upon to showcase their fathers's property. I was in china 9 days ago with my wife, not the first time, countless of time and i am proud to be a Nigerian as well.
My boy, think big!!
I am living large here and married with kids.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
My boy, think big!!
I am living large here and married with kids. cool i am not in a kiddish's show where kids like you would be called upon to showcase their fathers's property. I was in china 9 days ago with my wife, not the first time, countless of time and i am proud to be a Nigerian as well.
My boy, think big!!
I am living large here and married with kids.
Living large in your dreams. Anyone living large will not be preoccupied with a senseless war not talking about nuclear confrontation with North Korea. Idiotic minds think alike. Been an American by birth, I have seen my share of presidents and the worthless conman from NY is the worst. Nigeria is crumbling under massive corruption and nepotism and fools like you are not bothered but America where you have no stake is your fetish. Couldn't care about you and your China because if your life is dandy, you won't be advocating for war. If you love war so much, go and enlist in Nigeria army and fight Boko Haram.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Mazeltovscotty(m): 7:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
grin
Lucasbalo:
Living large in your dreams. Anyone living large will not be preoccupied with a senseless war not talking about nuclear confrontation with North Korea. Idiotic minds think alike. Been an American by birth, I have seen my share of presidents and the worthless conman from NY is the worst. Nigeria is crumbling under massive corruption and nepotism and fools like you are not bothered but America where you have no stake is your fetish. Couldn't care about you and your China because if your life is dandy, you won't be advocating for war. If you love war so much, go and enlist in Nigeria army and fight Boko Haram.
[s]
Lucasbalo:
[/s]
Lucasbalo:
ahahahahahahahah, he is crying
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 8:01pm On Apr 14, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
grin[s][/s] ahahahahahahahah, he is crying
Dumda*s that doesn't know what a balanced diet is advocating for war. Boko Haram killing your country men and you didn't pick up arms against them and you are so worried about country trillions of miles away from your cave. What a misplaced priority. With guys like you, no wonder Nigeria is going to hell in hand basket.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Mazeltovscotty(m): 8:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:

Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Mazeltovscotty(m): 8:04pm On Apr 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Dumda*s that doesn't know what a balanced diet is advocating for war. Boko Haram killing your country men and you didn't pick up arms against them and you are so worried about country trillions of miles away from your cave. What a misplaced priority. With guys like you, no wonder Nigeria is going to hell in hand basket.
i could sense the frustration in ur write

Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 8:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
i could sense the frustration in ur write
Fight to make your country better. A country that's supposed to be the pride of Africa turned to a shame of Africa because of the greed and corruption. That doesn't bother you but a country you have no stake in is your obsession. Excess Naira 1.000 in your pocket to buy data makes you relevant in your little world.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Mazeltovscotty(m): 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Fight to make your country better. A country that's supposed to be the pride of Africa turned to a shame of Africa because of the greed and corruption. That doesn't bother you but a country you have no stake in is your obsession. Excess Naira 1.000 in your pocket to buy data makes you relevant in your little world.
my son. All your efforts to conceal your hardened ignorace has further infuscated your watery brain. America that you are enjoying today as a slave had her own fair share of both political and economic crisis right before your generation came into existence but you won't acknowledge this fact becuase of persistent display of incivility. Maybe you should drop your phone for some minutes, walk to your father and beg him tell you the story.

Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Lucasbalo(m): 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
Mazeltovscotty:
my son. All your efforts to conceal your hardened ignorace has further infuscated your watery brain. America that you are enjoying today as a slave had her own fair share of both political and economic crisis right before your generation came into existence but you won't acknowledge this fact becuase of persistent display of incivility. Maybe you should drop your phone for some minutes, walk to your father and beg him tell you the story.
Poverty embedded brain of yours is on reverse. You are a complete shame to your lineage of never do wells. A waste of valuable space of earth.
Re: US Drops Largest Non Nuclear Bomb For The First Time On ISIS Camp by Mazeltovscotty(m): 9:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Poverty embedded brain of yours is on reverse. You are a complete shame to your lineage of never do wells. A waste of valuable space of earth.
said by a feather-brain schlemniel whose sub-audition has been crisscrossed by foolhardliness, thereby repelling every top-notch advice given to him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russian Cruise Ship "Moskova" Destroyed By Ukrainian Neptune Missiles. / Trump React On The Midterm Election Results / NATO Could Take Out Russia In 3 Days: Congressman that is a clown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.