Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) (4821 Views)

Brand Newly Bought Dura Volt DV 5000 AVR / My Stabilizer Is Misbehaving, Help! / QLINK AVR 2000A Automatic Voltage Regulator... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by Braveryy(m): 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
Hello. Thanks for caring to open this thread, I can assume you know a lot about stabilizers.

Actually, due to the current price of things in the market, I couldn't afford a new stab, and decided to settle for a second hand, that was sold to me for 7k. The stab was working the way I saw it, I didn't know it's supposed to be giving me a output that's different from the low input voltage(like this is the major thing I got to care about) , but it's been giving me the same current it's receiving, let me save the details of how I discovered this(in a funny way though) but I need help.

I was thinking the transformer had a problem, but took it for repairs today and the guy I met says it isn't transformer, that it's condenser, I was just looking at the small thing, that he called condenser and he says am going to pay him 3.5k to fix the condenser.

Pls, Nlanders, I had to come here because there's no one within who can give me the knowledge I require. The stab is still with me, as I wasn't sure if I'm being duped again, I want to be careful.

Pls, if you know what's wrong with my stab, (which can't regulate current, and gives same input voltage as output) , please, say it. Thanks.

**sits quietly and waits for a good samaritan.
Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
Funny thread.
First there is nothing like a condenser in a stabilizer.
The problem could be caused by several components, could be a bad variable resistor, relay or others which I wouldn't like to bore u with their names.
Just take to a good technician. As you need to have basic electronics knowledge to service a stab.
Cheers.
Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by Braveryy(m): 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
DBlackCeazer:
Funny thread.
First there is nothing like a condenser in a stabilizer.
The problem could be caused by several components, could be a bad variable resistor, relay or others which I wouldn't like to bore u with their names.
Just take to a good technician. As you need to have basic electronics knowledge to service a stab.
Cheers.
Thanks a bunch bro.

And the components you talked about, what's the price range sir?
Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2017
Braveryy:
Thanks a bunch bro.

And the components you talked about, what's the price range sir?
like I said, the problem could be caused by 1 or several components, take to a techie for a quote. U shouldn't spend more than 4k.
Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by Braveryy(m): 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2017
DBlackCeazer:
like I said, the problem could be caused by 1 or several components, take to a techie for a quote. U shouldn't spend more than 4k.
aiit. Thanks. I'll look for another guy tomorrow.
Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2017
Braveryy:
aiit. Thanks. I'll look for another guy tomorrow.
spares are actually cheap, a big chunk of the money is for time spent fixing it and the diagnosis
Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by Oscar4real(m): 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
to me the first technician could be right eith the condenser issue.... the condenser is the older name for Capacitor.. and its function is to store up charges and releasing it out to other component when needed.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by Oscar4real(m): 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
to me the first technician could be right eith the condenser issue.... the condenser is the older name for Capacitor.. and its function is to store up charges and releasing it out to other component when needed..... and it price range here in my place jos should not be more than 200 naira
Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by ceejay80s(m): 6:56am On Apr 14, 2017
Braveryy:
Hello. Thanks for caring to open this thread, I can assume you know a lot about stabilizers.

Actually, due to the current price of things in the market, I couldn't afford a new stab, and decided to settle for a second hand, that was sold to me for 7k. The stab was working the way I saw it, I didn't know it's supposed to be giving me a output that's different from the low input voltage(like this is the major thing I got to care about) , but it's been giving me the same current it's receiving, let me save the details of how I discovered this(in a funny way though) but I need help.

I was thinking the transformer had a problem, but took it for repairs today and the guy I met says it isn't transformer, that it's condenser, I was just looking at the small thing, that he called condenser and he says am going to pay him 3.5k to fix the condenser.

Pls, Nlanders, I had to come here because there's no one within who can give me the knowledge I require. The stab is still with me, as I wasn't sure if I'm being duped again, I want to be careful.

Pls, if you know what's wrong with my stab, (which can't regulate current, and gives same input voltage as output) , please, say it. Thanks.

**sits quietly and waits for a good samaritan.

I used to be an olodo like u when I bought a 5000w stab for my ac, call these numbers , 08032324771, 08036452612, two dfferent persons ,the repair at army arena oshodi, they are very good and cheap, I learnt how to repair by watching them, those transistors and resistors on the stab is just 30naira for one, I just bought a used one and it was giving me same voltage, I cut the red power switch and joined with one of the transformer wire and the voltage went higher, each of those transformer wires is the voltage out put, but be careful when u do it, disconnect power that goes to the stab before u cut and join any wire

2 Likes

Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by ceejay80s(m): 8:17am On Apr 14, 2017
How I did mine, the red wire from the power switch , I cut it and joined it with the white wire that comes from the transformer and celotape properly

Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by Braveryy(m): 5:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
ceejay80s:

I used to be an olodo like u when I bought a 5000w stab for my ac, call these numbers , 08032324771, 08036452612, two dfferent persons ,the repair at army arena oshodi, they are very good and cheap, I learnt how to repair by watching them, those transistors and resistors on the stab is just 30naira for one, I just bought a used one and it was giving me same voltage, I cut the red power switch and joined with one of the transformer wire and the voltage went higher, each of those transformer wires is the voltage out put, but be careful when u do it, disconnect power that goes to the stab before u cut and join any wire
wow. Thanks.. Although, a guy just collected 2k for this small job like you put it.
I have a question, so, he worked the stab for me, the power boost isn't very high, though it's boosting, isn't a stab supposed to be 2-way? Like, should be able to increase voltage of its high and decrease the voltage if it's too high.

At d moment, the Stab can only increase voltage.
Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by realsammie(m): 7:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
ceejay80s:
How I did mine, the red wire from the power switch , I cut it and joined it with the white wire that comes from the transformer and celotape properly

Bros i have the same problem with my Stab.
It doesn't increase voltage at all. Pls is that all i have to do solve the problem?
Secondly, what happens to the other halves of the wires we cut
Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by DBlackCeazer(m): 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
realsammie:

Bros i have the same problem with my Stab.
It doesn't increase voltage at all. Pls is that all i have to do solve the problem?
Secondly, what happens to the other halves of the wires we cut
that method is just a quick fix and might be dangerous for your equipment. Because it won't regulate voltage when it's high.

1 Like

Re: I Am Ignorant! My Stabilizer! Only Open If You Know About Stabilizer (AVR) by ojeysky(m): 5:08am On Oct 17, 2018
Braveryy:

At d moment, the Stab can only increase voltage.

I am having this exact issue above. Once I start to get voltage input above 150V my stab goes beyond 240V so I have to pray for low current to have an output below 240V.
Suggestion on how to fix this will be helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Car Gps Navigation In Nigeria, This Company Called Radnon Technologies / New Dell Inspiron N7010, Core i5 & MACbook @Give away prices + Free Delivery! / super clean Blackberry TORCH 3 For 29k.comes wit gurantee.call 08038940607

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.