Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,876 members, 7,838,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

More Than 7 Ways To Avoid Being A Victim Of Atm Card Fraud - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / More Than 7 Ways To Avoid Being A Victim Of Atm Card Fraud (452 Views)

How To Block Your Bank Account In The Event Of Loss Or Theft of ATM Cards / Ikorodu Residents Palace Charm On Electric Pole To Avoid Disconnection / Beware Of ATM CARD Scammers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

More Than 7 Ways To Avoid Being A Victim Of Atm Card Fraud by JandedGist: 1:23pm On Apr 14, 2017
Good day peeps, we've been reading, hearing & witnessing people go crazy when their money is being stolen through ATM fraud and other means but here we will concentrate on how to protect yourself from such as regards to ATM card. I had to write this as regards to slex a nlander and for others to take precautions.

1. Trust no one: Trust no one when it comes to money issues I mean no one, don't let your friends siblings or business associate see your account details except the ones they need to wire some money into your account, for me its not because I don't trust them but as an Igbo man my money is connected to my heart and linked to my b.p and I won't like it to be rising up and down like stock exchange as a result of me wondering who knows my account personal details that one can use to run transactions. My girlfriend was asking for my ATM card password lol I told her that my most loved sister doesn't even know it.

2. Protect your ATM card: Its high time you understand that your ATM card is like your crude oil and many people are trying to drill all as much "oil" as they can from it. Cover your ATM card very well, don't let people see any information on it be it the number on the front, your name or let alone the 3 digit number at the back of your ATM card because it can be used to drill you. As nwafor that i am, you should thank God if you are able to see an alphabet or number on my ATM card when I'm about to use it but from its colour you can guess the bank.

2. Don't neglect bank alert: I assigned a ringtone to my bank alert that even when my phone is on silent mode it can't stop the ringtone from ringing thanks to Huawei mediapad x1. Before i sleep sometimes I put my phone on silent to avoid disturbance but can my money disturb me? Gtbank!? They're always playing with me, sending me texts of debits i did in the day during sleeping hours. From my name can't the deduce that I am an Igbo man? Stop playing with me and my brothers like that pls. Ensure you read every text from your bank always and immediately! to know if its something that you can take action on like fraudulent withdrawal.

3. Ensure your email is not hacked because scammers can access your secret account details through your mail box or some personal information that you must have left there thinking its safe, nothing is safe on the internet. Everything can be hacked people, what it needs is the right hacker with the right skills.

4. Check the ATM: Ensure there is no other extra gadget on the ATM that you're about to use especially on the card slot or any funny device that seems out of place because some better skilled scammers use electronic to lift your card info. Its better to be safe than sorry.

5. Keep your ATM card in a safe place: You need to keep your card in a safe place be it when at home, office, court, park or anywhere. One have to take care of things or things will take care of them
Don't throw it around. Back in school days, a pal's roommate stole his card, used it and returned it on the table he kept it and also was cursing out whoever scammed his roommate only to be apprehended after the bank investigated.

6. Don't give out your ATM card: Don't give your staff/employee, junior and what not your ATM card to help you to run a transaction because an angel might turn into devil when money is involved its all about the amount, plan and motive, they can gather your details for later use so please don't tempt these currently innocent people.

7. Don't patronize every online store: Not every online store have secured database and hackers or even their workers can leak your financial details to their gang or something so ensure you only purchase from 99% trusted sites online if you must.
Source: http://jandedgist..com

Cc mynd44, Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Father And Daughter Show Their Dap Dance Skill At Her Wedding (video) / Stand Up Comedy Video: Bovi Jokes About Banky W & Adesua Etomi At Man On Fire 20 / What Is Wrong With This Advert?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.