Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

7 Names You Must Not Name Your Dog If You Live Among Muslims - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 7 Names You Must Not Name Your Dog If You Live Among Muslims (770 Views)

Dog Obedience Guide - Train Your Dog Effectively To STOP Behavior Problems (PDF) / How To Train Your Dog To Be A Good And Active Guard Dog / Would You Allow Your Dog To Kill A Thief/Robber In Your Home? (2) (3) (4)

7 Names You Must Not Name Your Dog If You Live Among Muslims by ThisTrend(f): 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
When an Igbo trader in Kaduna made the mistake of naming his dog Muhammad, a bloody fight broke out in the Panteka market and it took the intervention of policemen to restore peace and order.

Thistrend has brought reports of public disturbances caused by someone giving his/her dog a name that Muslims regard as sacred.

To avoid such occurrences, which can be dangerous, what names should you never give your pets, especially among Muslims?

1. Ahmad
The name Ahmad is an Arabic baby name. In Arabic the meaning of the name Ahmad is: Much praised. One of many names of the prophet Muhammad.

2. Allah
The Aramaic word for "God" in the language of Assyrian Christians is ʼĔlāhā, or Alaha. Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean"God".

3. Muhammad
The name Muhammad is an Arabic baby name. In Arabic the meaning of the name Muhammad is: Variant used for Mohammad - founder of Islamic religion. praiseworthy; glorified.

4. Rahman
Rahman is an Arabic male name, short for Abdu r-Raḥmān "Servant of the Most Merciful", ar-Rahman being one of the Names of God.

5. Rahim
Rahim is one of the names of God in Islam, meaning Merciful. It is also used as a personal male name, short for Abdu r-Raḥīm "Servant of the Merciful".

6. Aziz
Means "powerful, respected, beloved", derived from Arabic ('azza) meaning "to be powerful" or "to be cherished".

In Islamic tradition al-'Aziz is one of the 99 names of Allah. A notable bearer of the name was Al-'Aziz, a 10th-century Fatimid caliph.

7. Yisa
Isa, an Arabic translation of Jesus, itself having a Hebrew origin. However, it is not the only translation; it is most commonly associated with Jesus as depicted in Islam, and thus, commonly used by Muslims.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/04/7-names-you-must-not-name-your-dog-if.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

Re: 7 Names You Must Not Name Your Dog If You Live Among Muslims by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2017
8. Buhari
Re: 7 Names You Must Not Name Your Dog If You Live Among Muslims by okosodo: 3:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
El rufai
Re: 7 Names You Must Not Name Your Dog If You Live Among Muslims by serverconnect(m): 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
I must name my dog Muhammadu
Re: 7 Names You Must Not Name Your Dog If You Live Among Muslims by serverconnect(m): 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2017
I must name my dog Muhammadu Buhari
Re: 7 Names You Must Not Name Your Dog If You Live Among Muslims by vincentjk(m): 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2017
I no see better names to give my dog na all these zombie names

Re: 7 Names You Must Not Name Your Dog If You Live Among Muslims by Haryobame: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2017
bleeped up topic, find better thing to do oga...

A Good Stud(boerboel) Is Needed ASAP / Urgent Help For My Gsd Puppy / Rotweiler Tail Docking