Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics (63064 Views)

At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / Meet Baby Chanco, Japanese With Full Hair Like An Adult (Photos) / 15-Year-Old Indian Girl Married To A Nigerian Man Of About 60 Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by babadee1(m): 9:38pm On Apr 14, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

How can you be sure of what you wrote... Especially if a mother will be "hurt" if a child cries (like the above quoted reply)? Again, whether a sickness or not, I' d rather "starve" that child so that she stays normal, than overfeeding her garbage food until she dies.

Here is clue: feed her kilos of FRUIT, VEGETABLE daily, and she won't be that sickly fat.

Again, being hungry can be easily FIXED, as I wrote earlier. Feed her tons of fruits and vegetables and she won't be that deadly obese.

She most likely has Prader-Willi syndrome and the only way to confirm it is by genetic testing. I'm not saying her diet should not be controlled. My point was that depriving her of food will not rewire her brain and will not solve the problem unlike your initial statement that starving her will rewire her brain that too much food is not good. It will not change anything.
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by yomz1e(m): 9:40pm On Apr 14, 2017
The Indians will now say she is one of their goddess reincarnation .........
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by newyorks(m): 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
india again chai,i wouldn't want to go there.the 2nd pix got me.
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by mechanics(m): 9:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
that's serious o, see how she is even fat.
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by thundafire: 9:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
mamadsquare:
Did you mean 14.5 instead of 4.5kg? Because some babies are born at up to 4.5kg.

The diet and quantity of food is something else.

Mother India
Lwkmd na so lala pikin dy ooo,Indians will always attribute anything to gods worship
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by Bobbyjay001(m): 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2017
She eats like "ajantala"
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by eyinjuege: 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
"Blame her appetite/weight on god"?! What kind of stoopid statement is that?!

Here is a clue: STOP GIVING HER SO MUCH FOOD. let her cry for a whole week/month if she desires (tears never killed anyone), and instead rewire her brain that so much food is not good.

Useless parents who will probably blame that same god when that child dies.

You can bet it she has a congenital disorder. That's why they need to do some blood tests and genetic tests.
We do have some genetic causes of obesity, though rare. She may have monogenic obesity/congenital leptin deficiency. She seems to fit the oeofile., and that's not her fault nor her parents' fault.
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2017
babadee1:

She most likely has Prader-Willi syndrome and the only way to confirm it is by genetic testing. I'm not saying her diet should not be controlled. My point was that depriving her of food will not rewire her brain and will not solve the problem unlike your initial statement that starving her will rewire her brain that too much food is not good. It will not change anything.

Of course starving her will rewire her brain, because at this moment that child's brain believe that her action is RIGHT (aka overfeeding), since her parents do NOT stop this NONSENSE. The minute you start saying NO MORE and make that child understand that her action are wrong (and starve her by eating MUCH less), you are indirectly starting the brain rewiring.

Her overfeeding act will always be wrong, however her parents want to feed her.
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
eyinjuege:

You can bet it she has a congenital disorder. That's why they need to do some blood tests and genetic tests.
We do have some genetic causes of obesity, though rare. She may have monogenic obesity/congenital leptin deficiency. She seems to fit the oeofile., and that's not her fault nor her parents' fault.

So you seriously need tests to figure that there is something wrong here?! Whatever the issue is, starving her overfeeding is the way out. As I know, feeding your child with fruits and vegetables isnt against the law, right?!
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by babadee1(m): 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Of course starving her will rewire her brain, because at this moment that child's brain believe that her action is RIGHT (aka overfeeding), since her parents do NOT stop this NONSENSE. The minute you start saying NO MORE and make that child understand that her action are wrong (and starve her by eating MUCH less), you are indirectly starting the brain rewiring.

Her overfeeding act will always be wrong, however her parents want to feed her.

Well you obviously do not understand the medical condition we are talking about, maybe you should read up on it a bit more.

1 Like

Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
babadee1:

Well you obviously do not understand the medical condition we are talking about, maybe you should read up on it a bit more.

I just did and STRICT FOOD SUPERVISION is a way to deal with the issue. So I say again, starving your kids who want to be overfed is the RIGHT way to rewire her brain. As they get older, they get hold of their feeding urges.

You cant possibly say that overfeeding her, like the above parents do, is RIGHT.
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by Luminee(f): 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
Explorers:
A baby girl weighs 2st 10lbs due to her constant cravings for food but is piling on even more pounds as the days go by.

Chahat Kumar, eight months, from Punjab, India, weighs a similar amount to that of a four-year-old.

Her parents blame it on 'God' and her quadruple-sized portions of food, but they deny any responsibility over her diet.

Doctors are confused as to what is causing her insatiable appetite, and are growing increasingly worried about her health.

She now struggles to breathe and even sleep as a result of her excessive weight caused by eating like a '10-year-old', local reports suggest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4407936/Baby-girl-weighs-2st-10lbs-alarms-doctors.html

This is serious, the baby be like michellin tyre advert
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by snilpall(m): 10:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
Day169:
This, definitely is an anomaly, and I think the parents are partly to blame even though they seem to be from a low socio-economic class.
They have carried on feeding this baby until she now looks suicidal.
However, I believe that the Indian health system is advanced enough to tackle this problem.
The parents could start her on 'high fibre low calorie' diets and fruits and vegetables, or else she may be a candidate for a myriad of diseases associated with malnutrition. undecided
My 2 kobo.

overnourished u mean....shes nt malnourished.....
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by eyinjuege: 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

So you seriously need tests to figure that there is something wrong here?! Whatever the issue is, starving her overfeeding is the way out. As I know, feeding your child with fruits and vegetables isnt against the law, right?!

I'm sure she's not suffering from only obesity. Something is causing the obesity in her, as its just not normal. This isn't just a case of a child that loves food, its more than that hence the need for tests.
She's prone to other conditions because of the disease she most likely has. Howbcan you treat her without doing tests to determine what you want to battle with?

Feeding with vegetables, and fruits is good. But it can only go so far with a child with a congenital condition such as Prada Willi and co. They are constantly hungry due to no fault of theirs. You can only have so much of fruits before it starts counting calories in your body.
And not everyone can afford even that. I know for sure that fruits and vegetables are more expensive than our normal calorie filled meals in Nigeria. Don't be surprised its same in India.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by eyinjuege: 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

I just did and STRICT FOOD SUPERVISION is a way to deal with the issue. So I say again, starving your kids who want to be overfed is the RIGHT way to rewire her brain. As they get older, they get hold of their feeding urges.

You cant possibly say that overfeeding her, like the above parents do, is RIGHT.

This child is still under 1 years. Your strict food supervision can only really begin at an older age.

There's a celebrity who's really wealthy in the UK with a son with Prada Willi. She's got access to the best Drs for her son, the best nutritionists, and she herself and her other children are stick thin.
However, she just cannot manage the obesity of her son- he should be around 14 now. Just google Katie Price and son Harvey. Its just part of the disease for them to need more calories, and its genetic. I'm yet to see a normal weight child with Prada Willi btw
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by babadee1(m): 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

I didn't say it was right. I said it would not rewire her brain or change her symptoms. She will still continue to eat compulsively anything she sees including garbage, trash, leaves, even inanimate objects.
I see you've checked out the Wikipedia page, you must have missed this statement in the third paragraph of the article: " Strict food supervision is typically required starting around the age of three in combination with an exercise program." This child is only eight months old and is too young to begin a strict food supervision program.
I don't disagree that at some point limiting the child's access to food will be necessary. But that alone will never change the brain or stop the excessive appetite and food cravings of Prader Willi syndrome.
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:36pm On Apr 14, 2017
eyinjuege:

There's a celebrity who's really wealthy in the UK with a son with Prada Willi. She's got access to the best Drs for her son, the best nutritionists, and she herself and her other children are stick thin.
However, she just cannot manage the obesity of her son- he should be around 12 now. Just google Katie Price and son Harvey. Its just part of the disease for them to need more calories, and its genetic. I'm yet to see a normal weight child with Prada Willi btw

Again, KP's son is definitely NOT as obese as the child on the thread (he is chubby, at best), and again, STRICT FOOD SUPERVISION.... is the way to deal with the issue. But hey, if you know how else to deal with such syndrome then pls educate us all here. KP has a bunch of other kids therefore unless she has a person providing proper supervision for Harvey, that child will always have access to food.

Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by rasazee(m): 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2017
dis one na kunfu panda o
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by def111(m): 10:46pm On Apr 14, 2017
OP which with teeth ?
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
babadee1:

I didn't say it was right. I said it would not rewire her brain or change her symptoms. She will still continue to eat compulsively anything she sees including garbage, trash, leaves, even inanimate objects.
I see you've checked out the Wikipedia page, you must have missed this statement in the third paragraph of the article: " Strict food supervision is typically required starting around the age of three in combination with an exercise program." This child is only eight months old and is too young to begin a strict food supervision program..

Are you saying that you just give whatever food to children until they are 3yrs old, without supervision?!
Until a child can feed himself, food intake supervision should be the norm, unless you gladly let them eat whatever garbage they get their hands on. Having such above child wouldn't be easy but that's what you MUST do unless you wanna have a dead child.

I don't disagree that at some point limiting the child's access to food will be necessary. But that alone will never change the brain or stop the excessive appetite and food cravings of Prader Willi syndrome

Whatever the brain wants is irrelevant here, so long as the child doesn't have access to it OR, you give them proper food like fruits and veggies. Unless you wanna have a 12yr old like the below child here:

Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by YoungSoldier146: 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
Just throw her away

Bro u are wicked.... grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by eyinjuege: 11:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Again, KP's son is definitely NOT as obese as the child on the thread (he is chubby, at best), and again, STRICT FOOD SUPERVISION.... is the way to deal with the issue. But hey, if you know how else to deal with such syndrome then pls educate us all here. KP has a bunch of other kids therefore unless she has a person providing proper supervision for Harvey, that child will always have access to food.

That's not Harvey's latest picture, as he's gotten fatter. His mother has had 14 years to deal with his disease despite more than enough access to information, the best paediatricians, the best chefs, the best support networks and access to the best foods for him.
Yet, he's still obese. That says a lot, and I can tell you she cares and takes care of the boy like anything. She's also a multimillionaire in pounds, so she's had access to the best management for him.
This child in question is however less than 1, born to obviously poor parents with no access to information ( hasn't even being diagnosed yet!) who don't even know what's going on and are still trying to cope with their task and you casually just castigate them.
My point is they are obviously facing a lot of struggles with this baby that no one seems to know what's going on, they can't even get blood for tests off her!
Show some empathy, and don't just pass the blame of their child's disease on them. It can happen to anyone, and it's not even as simple as the SS child where the parents could have avoided it.
Harvey as of 3 days ago...

1 Like

Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by MarkGeraldo(m): 11:11pm On Apr 14, 2017
she might even grow up to be monster we're talking aboutcheesy
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by Hades2016(m): 11:19pm On Apr 14, 2017
okosodo:
Food go kill dis one
no kill me with laugh ooooooo grin

1 Like

Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by Goldienana(f): 11:20pm On Apr 14, 2017
Jesus!

Young03:
Just throw her away
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by gracevile: 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
buchai:
they should stop giving him cooked food breast feeding only for 3yrs.
u want to kill the mother cos she must eat to balance that size
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by cybriz82(m): 11:52pm On Apr 14, 2017
so michelin get pikin...dis pikin dn hammer..they will use her pic as d new michellin.
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by Tisham20(m): 12:11am On Apr 15, 2017
shocked sad shocked sad sad see pikin like Michelin tyre
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by koolaid87: 1:32am On Apr 15, 2017
something needs to be done to help her
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by nothernstar: 4:38am On Apr 15, 2017
Mechelen should hire him asap
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by Ifedoyinmola(f): 9:35am On Apr 15, 2017
just be giving her one apple per day for a year,she cannot die of malnutrition,her body already has all the nutrient it's needs for 2years
Re: 8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics by YoungSoldier146: 10:01am On Apr 15, 2017
Just throw her away

Bro u are wicked.... grin grin grin grin grin ;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

In Search Of Long Lost Dad / The Birth Of Our Baby Girl Realtime Updates / Prophet Seeks Divorce From Fourth Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.