Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Which Cms Is Naij.com Using? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Cms Is Naij.com Using? (798 Views)

Which CMS Was Used Here Please? / Help please : Which Cms Is This? / With N2000 Learn How To Buy Unlimited Domains Names (.com) Using $1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Cms Is Naij.com Using? by akinlex(m): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
Ever wondered which cms or rather template naij.com is using?

There has been a lot of heated arguement online about this topic.

To clear the air and also to educate some script kiddies who are inquisitive about this topic, naij runs on wordpress, yes, wordpress, you read that well, you might be saying you have not been seeing the wp-****(whatever) in the address bar or in its links well that is because it is using a highly customised theme which was customised by some group of techies, just like nairaland also that uses smf but customised by seun, naij uses the php and ruby on rails framework and also it hosts all its pictures on a cloud server.

Naij is not the only one that uses that template, a Ghanaian news website yen.com.gh uses it, also a philippine news website kami.com.ph uses it too and a kenyan news website (i don't know if it's one person that runs them all). Its app is also built by a Genesys, an IT company based in UK.

So for those arguing about this topic, you now know that naij runs on wordpress but on a highly customisable theme/framework.

How do i know these things?

Anyway i am not in any way related to naij or any of its workers, i am just a techie with vast experience in the IT field, just a little research that took me not more than 3 hours made me to get all these informations. Looking through the page source won't help you get anything at all as this is common for script kiddies, but digging a little deep into inspecting the elements of the site will give you some few details and above all, much research on the internet.
Re: Which Cms Is Naij.com Using? by Afam4eva(m): 3:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
Obviously it's wordpress. No one has the time to develop theirbown platform from scratch. It's just that Naij customized the destiny of their site.

BTW, Nairaland stopped using SMF many years ago. Though I think the database structure is still based on SMF.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Social Media Followers / I Will Design A Good Responsive Website For You At Cheaper Rate / My Problem With Qservers Host

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.