Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Can Soludo Be An Alex Salmond for Ndigbo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Soludo Be An Alex Salmond for Ndigbo? (603 Views)

COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments / Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Soludo Be An Alex Salmond for Ndigbo? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2017
Soludo has endorsed Governor Obiano for Anambra second term. But if he is waiting in the wings to replace Obiano as Anambra Governor when Obiano must have completed his second term then I am sorry Soludo can do better and aim higher.

Why can't Soludo run for Senate in 2019 and use that platform to coalesce Ndigbo around a devolution agenda through APGA ?

APGA should focus purely on devolution, self reliance and how much progress we can make from effective self Governance

If APGA sell this agenda as their manifesto I can see them taking over the south east

Harness the emotions surrounding IPoB and tell IPOB members to make progress first through devolution while still in Nigeria rather than wait when Nigeria breaks of which nobody knows at this moment how long that will take or if it will ever happen

1 Like

Re: Can Soludo Be An Alex Salmond for Ndigbo? by INTROVERT(f): 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
You think this is Scotland abi
Re: Can Soludo Be An Alex Salmond for Ndigbo? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2017
INTROVERT:
You think this is Scotland abi

Well what worked in Scotland can work here

Nigeria is already a Federal Republic

The Federating units are not just awake to their responsibilities yet

Let APGA take the lead in making Nigeria truly Federal
Re: Can Soludo Be An Alex Salmond for Ndigbo? by Politicalapathy: 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2017
Ehn this is Nigeria jhoor stop saying nonsense here..
Re: Can Soludo Be An Alex Salmond for Ndigbo? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2017
Politicalapathy:
Ehn this is Nigeria jhoor stop saying nonsense here..

What's so special about Nigeria?
Re: Can Soludo Be An Alex Salmond for Ndigbo? by Politicalapathy: 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
krendo:

What's so special about Nigeria?
what special about it is that it's my father land...
Re: Can Soludo Be An Alex Salmond for Ndigbo? by kingzizzy: 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
krendo:
Soludo has endorsed Governor Obiano for Anambra second term. But if he is waiting in the wings to replace Obiano as Anambra Governor when Obiano must have completed his second term then I am sorry Soludo can do better and aim higher.

Why can't Soludo run for Senate in 2019 and use that platform to coalesce Ndigbo around a devolution agenda through APGA ?

APGA should focus purely on devolution, self reliance and how much progress we can make from effective self Governance

If APGA sell this agenda as their manifesto I can see them taking over the south east

Harness the emotions surrounding IPoB and tell IPOB members to make progress first through devolution while still in Nigeria rather than wait when Nigeria breaks of which nobody knows at this moment how long that will take or if it will ever happen

Sorry but all that is dead in the water. Devolution of powers is the same thing as true federalism/resource control/fiscal federation.

The North is against all of these things and they control over 60% of the votes at the national assembly.

To pass a law on these, you need at least 67% percent of votes.

So all that is dead in the water
Re: Can Soludo Be An Alex Salmond for Ndigbo? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 14, 2017
kingzizzy:

Sorry but all that is dead in the water. Devolution of powers is the same thing as true federalism/resource control/fiscal federation.

The North is against all of these things and they control over 60% of the votes at the national assembly.

To pass a law on these, you need at least 67% percent of votes.

So all that is dead in the water

Who is hoping for Northerners to vote for devolution?

Did southerners get a vote when northern state assemblies voted sharia as law of those states?

I am talking about organising the south east states to chip away at federal control of local affairs on a policy by policy matter

Also encouraging bottom up politics

I am expecting the North to support devolution. They did not support independence from the British let alone devolution.

North is reluctant to progress everyone must know this!
Re: Can Soludo Be An Alex Salmond for Ndigbo? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 14, 2017
Can I also add that ibb in 2007 election was the only presidential candidate actively campaigning for devolution

Ahead of 2019 Atiku is the only Presidential candidate talking about it

While we know that majority of north are against it, the fact remains that no structural effort has yet been made

People are talking in the media but there has not been any clear effort to bring a bill to the National Assembly asking for a vote. So you can not presume what you don't know, so real life organised and structural efforts are required

(1) (Reply)

Buratai Saved Nigeria From Coup, Deserves An Award– Aregbesola / Petition Filed Against Health Minister On NHIS Funds Looting / George Turnah Arrest: The Drama That Happened, A Must Read. .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.