Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,311 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People (21115 Views)

Help With The Name Of The App / Huawei CEO Says US Ban Will Affect Company Till 2021 / Huawei CEO Says Company’s Own OS Will Run Android Apps - Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by kaylex1994(m): 7:51am On Apr 15, 2017
This guy no even get anything reasonable to say...this one just weak me
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by LastProphet: 7:52am On Apr 15, 2017
NubiLove:

Luxury products thrives only on rich people e.g.

* Fashion goods like Versace are meant for rich people.
* 5 - 7 star Hotels are meant only for rich people
* Luxury resorts in dubai, morrocco etc are meant for rich people.

Anybody that is NOT rich cannot afford these luxury products!

There is an entire universe of advertisement, sales and marketing that is meant only for rich people.

thanks for being objective rather than the emotional and sentimental outbursts of the irritating majority on this thread. Someone resigned his app for rich people and so what? is it bad if you have nothing to sell to poor fellas?
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by spectator2001: 7:55am On Apr 15, 2017
Lol Even Jay-Z doesn't know Snapchat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJkQjVHAF9k
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by bejite: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2017
Pompliano has everything it takes to start his own social networking platform that will beat SnapChat in a matter of years. What a CEO. Na small boi sha.
kingvectorv:
Some interesting new information has come to light In an ongoing lawsuit between Snapchat and an employee who believes
he was wrongfully terminated.
The employee is Anthony Pompliano who was recruited from Facebook to assist the company in growing.
One of his initial concerns was that the
app wasn’t doing too well in overseas countries. When presented with the concern, Snapchat CEO
Evan Spiegal allegedly said that the app is only
for rich people and that he didn’t want to expand into “poor” countries like India and
Spain before storming out of a meeting.
If true, the statement sounds really naive of the CEO now that the company has gone public and has become one of the biggest social networks in the mobile world. Had the app truly only been for rich people, it wouldn’t have seen nearly as much growth and Snapchat wouldn’t have
been able to get to the
point where they could do an IPO. There’s also the matter that there’s
very little “poor” about countries like Spain, and while India may indeed be a developing market, it’s progressing faster than every other major country in the world.
Other allegations Pompliano presented were that the company
was routinely lying about usage numbers, such as 40% customer retention and 87% application turnover, figures which Pompliano
allege were greatly exaggerated, and something that could
cause an issue with advertisers down the
line.
There’s also a note about a shady attempt
to learn about Facebook’s organizational structure despite Pompliano having a known confidentiality
agreement in place, as
well as accusations of Snapchat hindering his ability to find new work by blacklisting him, a practice where former employers wrongly provide bad feedback about an individual to companies looking into
hiring them.
For Snapchat’s end, they contend that Pompliano’s claims about his knowledge of
their “current” user metrics are merely made up. Which Snapchat has fought to keep redacted but recently relaxed their stance in light of their recent IPO.

http://www.yukhub.com/259/snapchat-ceo-says-the-app-was-only-supposed-to-be-for-rich-people
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by neocortex: 8:37am On Apr 15, 2017
I see this as a case of disgruntled ex-employee trying to destroy the image
of the company that sacked him.
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by millionboi(m): 8:43am On Apr 15, 2017
Tazdroid:
Hmm, nigga's just 27 and is a billionaire, the electricity running through his brain na 10 gigawatts grin
And he stil look simple unlike our own DAT wil accumulate al d fats.,......and look lik a Robot.

1 Like

Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by oyienootieno: 8:43am On Apr 15, 2017
Joavid:
Poor countries like Spain, is he kidding
Then what about African countries or is he gonna lie he doesn't know Africans use Snapchat as well?

tech smart but foolish.

Arrogant ass.

Did you just mention 'Africa' my dear brother 89% of whites thinks Africa is a jungle...

1 Like

Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by TeflonBlixx: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2017
oyienootieno:

Did you just mention 'Africa' my dear brother 89% of whites thinks Africa is a jungle...

Who cares what some dolts who lack melanin thinks?

That really shows how unintelligent and ignorant they are. .
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Tugee: 8:58am On Apr 15, 2017
kowema:
No wonder it wasn't accessible to all when it first came out.

Exactly what the company wanted, ''make an app for the rich and over time the poor will come gushing for it,'' thereafter it becomes viral and cool. There's nothing wrong with that as a marketing strategy, after all that's what blackberry and other cool apps including Facebook used. Think about it, if Facebook was launched by a student in University of Ibadan would it have gone globally viral? thanks to Harvard University (School of the cool kids and The Rich) Facebook is has become global.

Matter of fact, in today's world, if you start a social app and make it simply open for everyone, it'll end up like 'Badoo', 'Telegram', and the likes.

1 Like

Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 15, 2017
Oreoo:
D guys a billionaire already .So even if u nigerians stop using his app dosent mean dat over 200 million other pple aint using it.
His fortune will dwindle.
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Herrmes: 9:05am On Apr 15, 2017
Joavid:

Don't mind the fool

very unwise.
Lamborghini?
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Youngpo413: 9:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Tazdroid:
Hmm, nigga's just 27 and is a billionaire, the electricity running through his brain na 10 gigawatts grin
na so billionaire dey dress?
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Youngpo413: 9:36am On Apr 15, 2017
Tugee:

Exactly what the company wanted, ''make an app for the rich and over time the poor will come gushing for it,'' thereafter it becomes viral and cool. There's nothing wrong with that as a marketing strategy, after all that's what blackberry and other cool apps including Facebook used. Think about it, if Facebook was launched by a student in University of Ibadan would it have gone globally viral? thanks to Harvard University (School of the cool kids and The Rich) Facebook is has become global.

Matter of fact, in today's world, if you start a social app and make it simply open for everyone, it'll end up like 'Badoo', 'Telegram', and the likes.
remove telegram abeg, I can't remember the last time I used whatsapp all because of telegram.
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 15, 2017
What's the usefulness if snapchat?
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Tugee: 9:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Joavid:

Don't mind the fool

very unwise.

If he was a 'fool' like you said he wouldn't have been sitting on billions in dollars and you sitting in front of your laptop talking about him.

The only mistake I think he made was turning down facebook's offer of $5bn because you see, Mark Zuckerberg understood what you don't when it comes to global app marketing, and Mark discovered that Snapchat's marketing game (temporarily for the rich ONLY) was tight. Unfortunately for Snapchat, now they have Facebook as a competitor who have already embarked on a massive campaign to bring them down with Facebook, Instagram and Whatapp 'Stories' doing almost the same thing as Snapchat. Also for your information, Facebook had already commenced a massive online media campaign aimed at discrediting Snapchat which includes the source of this TOPIC under discussion.

So my friend before you call any one a 'Fool' and 'Unwise' check yourself and confirm your status.

1 Like

Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by SycophanticGoat: 9:59am On Apr 15, 2017
YourWife:
Pls what is slap chat? Is it a type of toy?

Yes oh, the type I'll use to slap you.. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Pdizzle(m): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2017
NubiLove:

Luxury products thrives only on rich people e.g.

* Fashion goods like Versace are meant for rich people.
* 5 - 7 star Hotels are meant only for rich people
* Luxury resorts in dubai, morrocco etc are meant for rich people.

Anybody that is NOT rich cannot afford these luxury products!

There is an entire universe of advertisement, sales and marketing that is meant only for rich people.

Ask am if he don see B&O electronics for poor man house before.
The guy didn't goof, he just didn't thought it would be widespread in countries like Spain and India which you can't compare to countries like US and Germany.
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Acidosis(m): 10:20am On Apr 15, 2017
I downloaded the useless app yesterday out of curiosity. The only painful thing is that I wasted nearly 40mb doing that because I eventually discovered the app is of no use to me.
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by mrpresident50: 10:55am On Apr 15, 2017
its another weekend and another opportunity to win big yet again.. see photos below for your delight...

Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 15, 2017
paskyboy:
Real people are not on Snapchat it's for fake people, picture enhancers are great, turning people to cat and dog is appalling and ladies will be using it, we have been reduced by social networks to ZOMBIES

Jesu shocked

This guy get mouth ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 15, 2017
veinless:
snap celeb in Nigeria, they said snap chat is not for u cheesy cheesy grin grin. and one bibrisky dey claim snap chat king,

Chai. Baby dat your dp ehn... shocked
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by oodua1stson: 11:04am On Apr 15, 2017
Mumu. You left Facebook for snapchat angry
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 15, 2017
snapchat is a rich people something, naso i see one girl dey do snapchat inside brt bus, m like wahh?
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Tinyemeka(m): 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
Tazdroid:

If you really read about him and Snap's formation, you may arrive at the conclusion that he was an arm-twisting crook. The original idea behind Snapchat (including it's name!) was suggested by Reggie Brown. Spiegel cut him off and left him in pernury until Brown sued. Even the app's source code was written and has been managed by Snap's low-profile COO Bobby Murphy. Spiegel reminds one of how Thomas Edison outmanouvered Nikolai Tesla who was by far the more intelligent one.

https://techcrunch.com/2014/09/09/snapchat-finally-settles-lawsuit-with-ousted-co-founder-reggie-brown/

Wiki Snapchat to get full details.
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by guuudy87(m): 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2017
Snapchat ko chatsnap ni. Is it not us the users that make them billionaires? Thats one reason chatsnap can never be bigger than Facebook.
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by ollah2: 1:51pm On Apr 15, 2017
Tugee:

If he was a 'fool' like you said he wouldn't have been sitting on billions in dollars and you sitting in front of your laptop talking about him.

The only mistake I think he made was turning down facebook's offer of $5bn because you see, Mark Zuckerberg understood what you don't when it comes to global app marketing, and Mark discovered that Snapchat's marketing game (temporarily for the rich ONLY) was tight. Unfortunately for Snapchat, now they have Facebook as a competitor who have already embarked on a massive campaign to bring them down with Facebook, Instagram and Whatapp 'Stories' doing almost the same thing as Snapchat. Also for your information, Facebook had already commenced a massive online media campaign aimed at discrediting Snapchat which includes the source of this TOPIC under discussion.

So my friend before you call any one a 'Fool' and 'Unwise' check yourself and confirm your status.

You are right and buttressing your comments further, snap is a mess on Android. Instagram stories are much more better and cleaner than Snaps.

Snapchat was also offered a fully featured and functional Snapchat client for Windows for free. Snap seem to have some form of vendetta for Windows. He also took down 6snap (a 3rd party app) that worked better than official versions on Android and iOS. He is such a douchebag
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by Rick9(m): 2:52pm On Apr 15, 2017
No my biznex i don't use Snapchat, WhatsApp is ok for me. I need money jor who chat Epp
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by saxby(f): 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
Tazdroid:

But without sense atall
Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by YourWife(f): 5:21pm On Apr 15, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

Yes oh, the type I'll use to slap you.. tongue

To castrate u de hungry me angry

Re: Snapchat CEO Says The App Was Only Supposed To Be For Rich People by SycophanticGoat: 5:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
YourWife:

To castrate u de hungry me angry

If you let me have a quickie, then I might consider your offer to casterate me.. After all, who prick help? cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Screenshot And Post Your Data Usage In August / Airtel Is At It Again. Free Browsing / Airline Passengers Warned Not To Switch On, Charge, Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.