Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Good Friday: Its Significance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday: Its Significance (226 Views)

Sex On Good Friday / The Brooks Church In Calabar Celebrates Good Friday With Free Shopping / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Friday: Its Significance by IBpaul(m): 12:36am On Apr 15, 2017
As the Christians world wide celebrates the Good Friday to remember that Jesus was crucified on the cross for the atonement of our sins.
I use this time to briefly highlight the "Seven Words On The Cross And Its Significance" to us as children of God.
As you read and meditate on it, may you remain blessed.

1. "Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing" Luke 23:33-34.
#Forgiveness; what every Christian must do.

2. "Today you will be with me in paradise. This is a solemn promise" Luke 23:40-43.
#Unusual favour.

3. "Woman behold your son, Son behold your mother" John 19:25-27.
#Be ye a responsible disciple.

4. "My God my God, why have You forsaken me" Matthew 27:46.
#Where is your TRUST for help.

5. "I am thirsty" John 19:28.
#Tasty for righteousness.

6. "It is finished" John 19:30.
#The plot of Satan for suffering is finished.

7. "Father, I commit my spirit to you" Luke 23:46.
#Total submission and obedience.

God bless all.

(1) (Reply)

Convey Divine Message With Wisdom, Good Advice, Kindness And Good Deeds / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Always Be Vigilant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.