Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,210 members, 7,953,775 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:49 AM

I Wont Relent On My Efforts-fash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wont Relent On My Efforts-fash (784 Views)

Wike: 'I Wont Go Down Alone, If I Go Down Everyone Goes Down With Me' - Herald / Buhari To African Leaders: My Efforts To Stop Boko Haram / July 19, 2013: In Three Months' Time You'll Praise My Efforts On BH - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Wont Relent On My Efforts-fash by bombsquad(m): 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2009
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has said that he will not relent in his efforts to ensure that residents of Lagos have the best deal from government.

Fashola made the remark while receiving an award of the Grand Architect of a New Lagos, bestowed on him by the Mountain Top Communication, publishers of Paragon international magazine.

Represented by Senator Olorunimbe Mamora, the governor said that the award would spur him to continue to deliver the dividends of democracy to the people of the state.

In a statement in Lagos on Wednesday, other Lagos public officials who were also honoured include Mamora; Chairman, Lagos Island Local Government, Mr. Wasiu Sanni; Commissioner for the Environment, Dr. Muiz Banire; and Chairman, Lagos Mainland LG, Mr. Oladele Adekanye.

Mamora was honoured as the Architect of a New Lagos; Sanni, the Architect of a New Lagos and the Best Performing Council Chairman; while Banire and Adekanye were also individually honoured as the Architects of a New Lagos.

The publisher of the magazine, Mrs. Sandra Dickson, said that Fashola’s award was as a result of his dogged transformation of Lagos since his assumption of office in May 2007; while Sanni, who emerged as the best local government chairman, received the award due to the way he transformed his domain.

She said that the magazine considered the awardees as public officials who had worked tenaciously to actualise the dream of transforming the state from its urban slum to a mega city.

She said the recipients were chosen through nominations received from Lagosians based on how the winners conducted the affairs of their respective offices to bring about desired changes in the state.

In his remarks, the chairman of the occasion, a former Oyo State Governor, Alhaji Lam Adesina, asked the recipients to use the awards as a means of better performance.

He urged them not to disappoint their people who had demonstrated much confidence in them through the nominations for the awards.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200912312204059

(1) (Reply)

Time For Jonathan To Announce He Will Not Run For Ofiice In 2011? / 2011 Presidency: Ibb Men Storm Minna / Edo State Speaker Thrown Out Of Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.