Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders (777 Views)

Happy New Hijri Year 1437 / Happy New Islamic Year / Happy New Year (hijra) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 01, 2010
This is wishing all muslims&christians brothers&sisters a happy&prosperous new year 2010. May Allah continue to bless evryone of us with more success&make this year an arguement&terrorism free year (AMIN)
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by AbuZola3(m): 12:32am On Jan 01, 2010
You are friendly i like that, do you actually know that your name coincide with a hausa word,

come let me hug you, don't be wary am not having a bomb you lousy boy
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 01, 2010
Abu what do u mean? Are a terrorist? i heard from a very very reliable source that CIA&FBI are paying close attention to evry website in Nigeria since farouks incidence.More focus are on nairaland due to its large membership of over 400,000+ members wanting to track down terrorist network.So guy watch it in 2010.Dnt play costly jokes,they might send SSS to bring u to US for questioning
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by mukina2: 1:05am On Jan 01, 2010
Thanks Toba
same to you too smiley
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by justmoore: 8:48am On Jan 01, 2010
Same to you. Good 9ja citizen!
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by zayhal(f): 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2010
Muslims do not partake in the festivals of non-believers - xmas, eyo, egun, Easter, New year etc. It's not right for a Muslim to congratulate or respond to greetings for and on these festivals.
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by Jairzinho(m): 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2010
zayhal:

Muslims do not partake in the festivals of non-believers - xmas, eyo, egun, Easter, New year etc. It's not right for a Muslim to congratulate or respond to greetings for and on these festivals.
With all due respect,this is very foolish reasoning. The new year is the same worldwide irrespective of your religion or beliefs. . . So by denying we're in 2010,it will somehow not exist??  undecided Please what is todays date? what is your date of birth??  The whole world uses the standard dating system & it has nothig to do with religion.

I know its VERY,VERY difficult to think outside the box once this mis-informationa has been programmed into your mind,but please don't let anyone deceive you otherwise. Allah will not send you to hell for praying for blessings this new year,or acknowledging it exists. It has nothing to do with 'non-believers' as we all use this date. This is January,next month is February & so on. . . . I live in a muslim country and I just bought a newspaper- THE DATE IS JANUARY 1 2010 tongue
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by zayhal(f): 1:18pm On Jan 01, 2010
No, it's not foolish reasoning. It's differentiantiating your right hand from the left. You need not add 'with due respect' It's just like you saying, 'egbon mi, ode ni yin o'. What I'll really call foolish is throwing and exchanging insults on the net, with people you don't know, on matters that can be discussed sensibly.

You're talking about calendar. I am talking about celebrating festivals. They are two different things.
This new year celebration has no basis in Islam. The islamic celebrations are well defined and Muslims should stay within the limits.

You don't have to wait for a particular date before you pray for blessings. I do that everyday. And if there are occasions or circumstances that i need to make specific prayer, I do so accordingly.
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by Jairzinho(m): 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2010
zayhal:

No, it's not foolish reasoning. It's differentiantiating your right hand from the left. You need not add 'with due respect' It's just like you saying, 'egbon mi, ode ni yin o'. What I'll really call foolish is throwing and exchanging insults on the net, with people you don't know, on matters that can be discussed sensibly.

You're talking about calendar. I am talking about celebrating festivals. They are two different things.
This new year celebration has no basis in Islam. The islamic celebrations are well defined and Muslims should stay within the limits.

You don't have to wait for a particular date before you pray for blessings. I do that everyday. And if there are occasions or circumstances that i need to make specific prayer, I do so accordingly.
1.I'm very sure Im the 'egbon' in this discussion
2.I'm sorry if you regard my comments as an insult.
3.There's no such thing as new year festival anywhere in the world,just an acknowlegement of the commencement of a new year
what you said was :
zayhal:

It's not right for a Muslim to congratulate or respond to greetings
which infers you do not acknowledge a new year has come in.

This is very different from Merry christmas, happy kwanza, happy hakunnah etc.

The new year is just that - A NEW YEAR !!!
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by zayhal(f): 1:46pm On Jan 01, 2010
Jairzinho:

1.I'm very sure Im the 'egbon' in this discussion

LOL. I didn't want to reply you but I couldn't help laughing when I saw the above. What do we call this? Claiming egbon on here! You must be a funny fellow.

If u like to be called 'egbon' you'll get a lot of it. However, the essence of what I said wasn't to say one is senior and the other junior, it's only just to show the paradox in your statement.

You don't know me and yet you confidently claim 'egbon'. Internet ma nse nkan o.
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by Jairzinho(m): 1:57pm On Jan 01, 2010
zayhal:

LOL. I didn't want to reply you but I couldn't help laughing when I saw the above. What do we call this? Claiming egbon on here! You must be a funny fellow.

If u like to be called 'egbon' you'll get a lot of it. However, the essence of what I said wasn't to say one is senior and the other junior, it's only just to show the paradox in your statement.

You don't know me and yet you confidently claim 'egbon'. Internet ma nse nkan o.
I threw that in knowing it'll certainly attract a response from you. . . .  tongue
Anyway my point is that we should not look at everything strictly through the lens of religion tho' we have all being brought up to react that way. My previous responses to olabowale  refers
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2010
Thats d mistake of very few ignorant muslims linking new year to any religion.I got numerous greetings from muslims today,even an imam thkd God for seeing us through 2009.Abu&mukina responded well as muslims.In india,brazil,german,china&austrialia billions took to d streets with fire works&there was no religious attachment to it.So dnt cause confusion new year has nothing to do with xtian festival
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by mukina2: 10:40pm On Jan 01, 2010
Zayhal

all he did was wish people a happy new year he didnt say come join me to celebrate.
All the unnecessary digression is not really worth it.

geeez! na wa.
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by Jairzinho(m): 12:05am On Jan 02, 2010
mukina2:

Zayhal

all he did was wish people a happy new year he didnt say come join me to celebrate.
All the unnecessary digression is not really worth it.

geeez! na wa.
On point as always wink
Re: Happy New Year Fellow Nairalanders by illusion2: 1:53pm On Jan 06, 2010
zayhal:

This honestly makes little sense. . .  .if i wish someone happy birthday,have i taken part in their birthday celebrations? During Eid(Fitr,Kabir,Maulud),we all wish muslims "barka da sallah',does that mean we have all become muslims or we have automatically eating the ram on offer??  undecided

People come up with all sorts of rules for themselves which have little impact on spirituality - 'don't put on trousers', 'don't watch T.V','don't listen to Music','always shave your pubic hair' (the most annoying of them all  angry ) ,'don't greet or respond to greeting on New year's day'- as if it will somehow make the day disappear. . . . . . . . .I mean when will people realise all these rules amount to very little,but bondage?? 

(1) (Reply)

Where To Send Ramadan Sms / Muslims And The World War 3 / The Marraige Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.