Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:38 PM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (644003 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (409) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dicksonadams(m): 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
Dumas32:

Pls want the best solution to achieve good ground clearance?

Bigger tire size...check YouTube and Google on how to
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by picki(f): 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2019
Hello GAZZUZZ, found this page while looking for solution to power steering issue on my 2009 Corolla. I have spent almost 200k on this issue, this year with 3 different mechanics. Have had the Car for 6 years now with current mileage of 67,000(rarely driven in the past). With this issue, I am seriously contemplating selling it.

The error it displays on the dash board is Check Power Steering

When it displays this error, the steering becomes very hard like trailer, if not worse lol. The steering uses EPS.

Mechanic 1: Said it was sensor issue and needed to clean out the sensors and some things I can't remember. Issue resurfaced after 3 days of fixing.

Mechanic 2: Said we needed to change the steering kolom, steering brain box and some other things. He charged us 120k but issue resurfaced in less than a week also, took it back to him twice but no permanent solution.

Mechanic 3: Got this one out of frustration to review the issue, and he confirmed that mechanic 2 did not change the steering kolom, but went ahead to repair what was there before, and still charged us the 120k shocked .He said mechanic 2 repaired the steering by adding other wires, thereby making the steering hot while in motion. This then, causes the steering to be very stiff to turn when driving. (I hope the explanation is true). Mechanic 3 has still not gotten the solution, even though his rewire tried to undo what Mechanic 2 had done.

Mechanic 4: This was recommended by a colleague. After running a scan and checks, he said the main brain box is communicating properly with the steering brain box and the steering pump needs to be changed. He is asking for 80k for repairs with guarantee( that he is my last bus stop lol)

This steering issue is making me broke biko. The Car is currently parked and i dont have 80k. Please hellllllp!
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
picki:
Hello GAZZUZZ, found this page while looking for solution to power steering issue on my 2009 Corolla. I have spent almost 200k on this issue, this year with 3 different mechanics. Have had the Car for 6 years now with current mileage of 67,000(rarely driven in the past). With this issue, I am seriously contemplating selling it.

The error it displays on the dash board is Check Power Steering

When it displays this error, the steering becomes very hard like trailer, if not worse lol. The steering uses EPS.

Mechanic 1: Said it was sensor issue and needed to clean out the sensors and some things I can't remember. Issue resurfaced after 3 days of fixing.

Mechanic 2: Said we needed to change the steering kolom, steering brain box and some other things. He charged us 120k but issue resurfaced in less than a week also, took it back to him twice but no permanent solution.

Mechanic 3: Got this one out of frustration to review the issue, and he confirmed that mechanic 2 did not change the steering kolom, but went ahead to repair what was there before, and still charged us the 120k shocked .He said mechanic 2 repaired the steering by adding other wires, thereby making the steering hot while in motion. This then, causes the steering to be very stiff to turn when driving. (I hope the explanation is true). Mechanic 3 has still not gotten the solution, even though his rewire tried to undo what Mechanic 2 had done.

Mechanic 4: This was recommended by a colleague. After running a scan and checks, he said the main brain box is communicating properly with the steering brain box and the steering pump needs to be changed. He is asking for 80k for repairs with guarantee( that he is my last bus stop lol)

This steering issue is making me broke biko. The Car is currently parked and i dont have 80k. Please hellllllp!

corolla 2009 uses an electronic steering, no pump involved.

Kindly confirm if your vehicle is southafrica made. Or share the chassis info.

You can click my signature for private consulting.

https://www.nairaland.com/5497866/how-insert-signature-profile

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Macemy(m): 11:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
Please Toyota big daddy users ..what is the best engine oil for Toyota Camry 2003 2Az_Fe Engine

I recently bought a Nigerian used one so I want to service it

I recently scanned my 2003 Toyota Camry 4 plugs Engine with my ObD 2 Bluetooth autoscanner and the following
Fault code came up

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Apelex(m): 7:52am On Nov 27, 2019
My toyota corolla 2009.misfires. When ever the vehicle is very hot. I loose engine performance.
I cant accelerate.
Went to a mechanic. I was told to change the fuel pump.i did. I also changed four spark plugs. But Problem still persist.
I did a scan and got this codes.
P00171
P0015
P0017
P0102
P0113
P0351
P0352
P0353
P0354
P0420
Its so bad that the engine light blinks and the vehicle turns off sometimes
Please what do i need to do to get the Vehicle running smooth again??
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24am On Nov 27, 2019
Macemy:
Please Toyota big daddy users ..what is the best engine oil for Toyota Camry 2003 2Az_Fe Engine

I recently bought a Nigerian used one so I want to service it

I recently scanned my 2003 Toyota Camry 4 plugs Engine with my ObD 2 Bluetooth autoscanner and the following
Fault code came up

replace both oxygen sensors.

But seems you have a wrong engine installed or a lot of sludge.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Boson3010: 9:27am On Nov 27, 2019
Dear Gazzuz,
I have a 2009 BMW 750Li
The car came with balloon rear shocks
Initially the rear driver shock goes down after aprking the vehicle for a while but comes up when the vehicle is started. I later discovered that the rear passenger shock was doing the same thing but the rear driver side stopped. Later both shocks were goig down while am on motion and sometimes they will go down when parked or they wont even after parking for two days. This is highly abnormal, not sure if its a sensor problem or leaking balloons. Can you help?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by inikamoze(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2019
I need your advice. I have a corolla 2005 I bought last year(Nigerian Used), I put it up for Uber when I first bought it and had to take it back after 2months after seeing the deplorable state the guy had put the car in. Lately I decided to put it back on the road for Uber again and did some fixes and changes to make it Uber standard.
I did a full suspension change, changed the whole AC unit( compressor, condenser,evaporator) then had the mounts changed cause it has been vibrating, but even after the four mounts have been changed the car still vibrates. The plugs were recently changed(I cannot ascertain this coz my brother took the car out, it developed some problems and his mechanic claimed to have changed the plugs and a coil).
The car is now in shape but the Uber driver says the vibration still persists. What could be the cause if this annoying vibration? PLEASE HELP!!!
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Bizzyliss(m): 10:27am On Nov 27, 2019
Boson3010:
Dear Gazzuz,
I have a 2009 BMW 750Li
Initially the rear driver shock goes down after aprking the vehicle for a while but comes up when the vehicle is started. I later discovered that the rear passenger shock was doing the same thing but the rear driver side stopped. Later both shocks were goig down while am on motion and sometimes they will go down when parked or they wont even after parking for two days. This is highly abnormal, not sure if its a sensor problem or leaking balloons. Can you help?
happened to me gx 470 i changed the balloon and calibrated it
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2019
inikamoze:
I need your advice. I have a corolla 2005 I bought last year(Nigerian Used), I put it up for Uber when I first bought it and had to take it back after 2months after seeing the deplorable state the guy had put the car in. Lately I decided to put it back on the road for Uber again and did some fixes and changes to make it Uber standard.
I did a full suspension change, changed the whole AC unit( compressor, condenser,evaporator) then had the mounts changed cause it has been vibrating, but even after the four mounts have been changed the car still vibrates. The plugs were recently changed(I cannot ascertain this coz my brother took the car out, it developed some problems and his mechanic claimed to have changed the plugs and a coil).
The car is now in shape but the Uber driver says the vibration still persists. What could be the cause if this annoying vibration? PLEASE HELP!!!

bring it for free diagnosis. Click signature
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Macemy(m): 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

replace both oxygen sensors.

But seems you have a wrong engine installed or a lot of sludge.
j
Thanks for the response

Please do you have an idea on the price of both the
Oxygen sensors ?

And is total quartz 7000 a good Engine oil for Toyota Camry 2003 .if not what is the preferred Engine oil?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by double3(m): 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2019
Apelex:
My toyota corolla 2009.misfires. When ever the vehicle is very hot. I loose engine performance.
I cant accelerate.
Went to a mechanic. I was told to change the fuel pump.i did. I also changed four spark plugs. But Problem still persist.
P00171
P0015
P0017
P0102
P0113
P0351
P0352
P0353
P0354
P0420
All these code on a single vehicle Where do we start troubshooting from grin
What I can say is; a blinking "Check engine" light calls for an urgent attention, park the vehicle until ur ready to get it fixed.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Billiebaba(m): 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2019
Apelex:
I cant accelerate.
P00171
P0015
P0017
P0102
P0113
P0351
P0352
P0353
P0354
P0420
I would advice you don't throw parts, have a competent mech diagnose it. From these fault codes, my hypothesis is a low power feed problem that may be caused by a very high resistance somewhere in the circuit. Pls don't rely upon my hypothesis, have it diagnosed.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by sako28: 6:21am On Nov 28, 2019
Sir.
What can make 2005 Nissan xttera to be consuming too much fuel.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Stigg: 8:06am On Nov 28, 2019
Hello,
Help is needed with this car. A corolla 2009 (dubai) 1.8l, auto trans.

Car has heavy vibrations, a rough idle and rpm at idle is low, btw (500 to 600) when in DRIVE and (550 to 650) in NEUTRAL. This is after car is warmed up.
When a/c comes on, rpm first drops (300-400) then increases to about 800 and car is more balanced (less vibrations) but very sluggish between gears 1,2 and 3.

Things noticed in the car.
- heavy vibration at idle (better in N worse in D)
- slow acceleration (especially when a/c is on)
- loss of power (difficult to overtake, difficult going uphill)
- delayed shift in gears & slipping gears
- High fuel consumption (seems to be getting worse)
- Recently I noticed oil reduction. After oil change, oil level dropped to about half within a month.
- Noticed some leakages around the cylinder head.(No leakages on the floor where I park)

I have had this problem for over a year but its visibly getting worse.

Work on the car so far.
-Changed 3 of the 4 coils earlier in the year.
-Changed spark plugs
-Serviced & cleaned throttle body (electrical one)
-Nozzles tested/serviced
- Serviced transmission and oil change
-Changed car engine earlier in the year due to overheating (problem was and still present after engine change)

Recently
-Changed throttle body
-Changed alternator (rewire said it was an electrical issue) - problem not solved
- Changed engine mount - still heavy vibrations
- Nozzles, coils and spark plugs have been checked and are said to be fine. Also the O2 sensors, Mass Air flow, throttle pedal inside the car were checked.
- A pressure test was done on the radiator, it was said to be ok.
- Compression test was done on all cylinders, they were said to be ok.
- Injector nozzles and fuel pump were tested as well.

The only observation from the tests was that engine was running rich.

Vehicle had displayed no error code until last 2 weeks, put in a thermostat because there wasn't any and fan was run directly. car displayed a code afterwards but didn't check till the next day when a brain box was tested with the engine.

The code is P0010 came up afterwards.(The codes P0717 and P0335 came up on the previous engine but didn’t on the new one)

Catalytic converter was taken out last week (problem still persist)

The mechanics have advised that the engine be opened up examined but I have told them to hold on.

Kindly Help.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:21am On Nov 28, 2019
Stigg:
Hello,
Help is needed with this car. A corolla 2009 (dubai) 1.8l, auto trans.

Car has heavy vibrations, a rough idle and rpm at idle is low, btw (500 to 600) when in DRIVE and (550 to 650) in NEUTRAL. This is after car is warmed up.
When a/c comes on, rpm first drops (300-400) then increases to about 800 and car is more balanced (less vibrations) but very sluggish between gears 1,2 and 3.

Things noticed in the car.
- heavy vibration at idle (better in N worse in D)
- slow acceleration (especially when a/c is on)
- loss of power (difficult to overtake, difficult going uphill)
- delayed shift in gears & slipping gears
- High fuel consumption (seems to be getting worse)
- Recently I noticed oil reduction. After oil change, oil level dropped to about half within a month.
- Noticed some leakages around the cylinder head.(No leakages on the floor where I park)

I have had this problem for over a year but its visibly getting worse.

Work on the car so far.
-Changed 3 of the 4 coils earlier in the year.
-Changed spark plugs
-Serviced & cleaned throttle body (electrical one)
-Nozzles tested/serviced
- Serviced transmission and oil change
-Changed car engine earlier in the year due to overheating (problem was and still present after engine change)

Recently
-Changed throttle body
-Changed alternator (rewire said it was an electrical issue) - problem not solved
- Changed engine mount - still heavy vibrations
- Nozzles, coils and spark plugs have been checked and are said to be fine. Also the O2 sensors, Mass Air flow, throttle pedal inside the car were checked.
- A pressure test was done on the radiator, it was said to be ok.
- Compression test was done on all cylinders, they were said to be ok.
- Injector nozzles and fuel pump were tested as well.

The only observation from the tests was that engine was running rich.

Vehicle had displayed no error code until last 2 weeks, put in a thermostat because there wasn't any and fan was run directly. car displayed a code afterwards but didn't check till the next day when a brain box was tested with the engine.

The code is P0010 came up afterwards.(The codes P0717 and P0335 came up on the previous engine but didn’t on the new one)

Catalytic converter was taken out last week (problem still persist)

The mechanics have advised that the engine be opened up examined but I have told them to hold on.

Kindly Help.

Your timing is supposed to be variable, is stuck.

Possible causes

1. Mechanic or part seller welded your vvti actuator/s

2. Engine is filled with sludge.

Also consider replacing your radiator with a brand new unit.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Stigg: 9:02am On Nov 28, 2019
Thanks GAZZUZZ for the prompt response, will get on it and give feedback.

GAZZUZZ:

Your timing is supposed to be variable, is stuck.

Possible causes

1. Mechanic or part seller welded your vvti actuator/s

2. Engine is filled with sludge.

Also consider replacing your radiator with a brand new unit.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Boson3010: 9:17am On Nov 28, 2019
Dear Gazzuz,
I have a 2009 BMW 750Li
Initially the rear driver shock goes down after aprking the vehicle for a while but comes up when the vehicle is started. I later discovered that the rear passenger shock was doing the same thing but the rear driver side stopped. Later both shocks were goig down while am on motion and sometimes they will go down when parked or they wont even after parking for two days. This is highly abnormal, not sure if its a sensor problem or leaking balloons. Can you help? assist bro
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:26am On Nov 28, 2019
Boson3010:
Dear Gazzuz,
I have a 2009 BMW 750Li
Initially the rear driver shock goes down after aprking the vehicle for a while but comes up when the vehicle is started. I later discovered that the rear passenger shock was doing the same thing but the rear driver side stopped. Later both shocks were goig down while am on motion and sometimes they will go down when parked or they wont even after parking for two days. This is highly abnormal, not sure if its a sensor problem or leaking balloons. Can you help? assist bro

seems they are leaking. Could also be a valve. Unfortunately cannot be diagnosed remotely .
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by SpaceAngel: 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hello, got P0037 code on 2012 highlander V6. I need location of the O2 sensor. Thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Bizzyliss(m): 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2019
SpaceAngel:
Hello, got P0037 code on 2012 highlander V6. I need location of the O2 sensor. Thanks

1 Share

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Joe4lv(m): 9:13pm On Nov 29, 2019
Stigg:
Thanks GAZZUZZ for the prompt response, will get on it and give feedback.

If you're in Lagos, please take the car to @Gazzuzz for proper repair.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Foxie: 4:41am On Nov 30, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Two things are possible,
P0354
P0351

Faulty ignition coils. They might be bad, or sockets removed with ignition on when testing.

P0455
P0441

Incorrect flow and large leak. This could be causing the hard start, confirm the device in first pic is only allowing air in one direction, if it is going in both directions replace it

P0010. Just reconnect the camshaft actuator at the back of the engine . 2nd pic

Dear Gazzuzz,

I'm facing similar issue, mine is a 2004 Toyota matrix. Recently it wouldn't start up but crack well after driving few minutes of driving and making a stop. Kick on one attempt after resting for about 20mins or more. On some occasions in the morning it won't start until after several trials.

Most times I fear putting off the car when I'm out for fear of it not starting.

It's really exhausting, I've been left stranded with my baby severally especially at night because of this issue.

Please what does the emboldened mean? I really need help. Thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21am On Nov 30, 2019
Foxie:
Dear Gazzuzz,

I'm facing similar issue, mine is a 2004 Toyota matrix. Recently it wouldn't start up but crack well after driving few minutes of driving and making a stop. Kick on one attempt after resting for about 20mins or more. On some occasions in the morning it won't start until after several trials.

Most times I fear putting off the car when I'm out for fear of it not starting.

It's really exhausting, I've been left stranded with my baby severally especially at night because of this issue.

Please what does the emboldened mean? I really need help. Thanks.

click my signature
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by SpaceAngel: 7:29am On Nov 30, 2019
[quote author=Bizzyliss post=84482830][/quote]

Thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:21am On Nov 30, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/4282133/used-tokumbor-tyres-pass-brand/31#84492839

GAZZUZZ:

Tyres available 30/11/2019

4units 265/70/16
4units 205/60/16
4units 225/60/16
4Units 225/70/16
4units 225/45/17
4Units 235/55/18
2Units 225/45/18
2Units 225/45/17
2Units 215/65/16
2Units 205/55/16
2Units 195/65/15

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Beeron: 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2019
Bros Gazzuzz, I greet you sir.

Please sir , Is it possible for the P2419( Evap emisson system switching control circuit low) to trigger bank 1 P0171?

How do I go about it? Do I just change the whole Canister or just pump or bring it in for close observation sir.

It's a 06 corrolla.

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
Beeron:
Bros Gazzuzz, I greet you sir.

Please sir , Is it possible for the P2419( Evap emisson system switching control circuit low) to trigger bank 1 P0171?

How do I go about it? Do I just change the whole Canister or just pump or bring it in for close observation sir.

It's a 06 corrolla.

diagnosis required. You might have to replace entire evap canister.

P0171 can be caused by several factors.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Beeron: 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

diagnosis required. You might have to replace entire evap canister.

P0171 can be caused by several factors.
Thanks sir I really appreciate you sir.

For the P0171, I recently changed the air filter so that's checked out. I can't tell if I have any intake leak or probably have to get a new oxygen sensor anyways, I want to bring it in by next week Wednesday sir so I solve the canister issue.

I would give you a call to book an appointment.
I really do appreciate you sir.
Thanks.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
Gazzuzz, I'm trying to look for a post of yours where you explained the Kazeem way of differentiating a failing steering pump from the rack.

I recall it has to do with turning the steering at a particular RPM. Unfortunately, that's all I remember.

Can you please help with the post or drop the explanation again.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
rationalmind:
Gazzuzz, I'm trying to look for a post of yours where you explained the Kazeem way of differentiating a failing steering pump from the rack.

I recall it has to do with turning the steering at a particular RPM. Unfortunately, that's all I remember.

signature
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by jarkbauer: 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
rationalmind:

He said
If you rev high and it is soft. steering pump
if you rev high and it is still hard steering rack

GAZZUZZ:

power steering is a very simple setup.

Power steering pump
Pressure pipe
Steering rack.

It is as simple as that.

Before diagnosing system ensure the screen filter inside the reservoir is clean and free of debris. Wash if necessary.

Also ensure there are no leaks any where in the system .

Start vehicle

Rev engine to 2000rpm

Hold engine at 2000rpm

Turn the steering while static

If soft replace pump.

If hard replace rack.

Crude method but works 9/10 times.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (409) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.