Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,297 members, 7,829,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

ASK GAZZUZZ - Autos (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / ASK GAZZUZZ (616631 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. / When GAZZUZZ takes over - RX350 - The Journey / Gazzuzz Inspected Vehicles (lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (408) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by MrEnigma(m): 8:14pm On Apr 26, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

first you have to understand your engine. A 2005 Camry would be nearly 200-250,000miles.

Oil burn would have set in.

Start by buying what would make sense long term (forget what the books say)

5w30 full mineral oil for 3000 miles let's see how the engine handles oil burn.

Alright, thank you very much.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dharrey2012: 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2021
Thanks for all you do, Oga Gazzuzz and all the great minds here.

I have a hard time choosing between these two cars, and I will really like your honest opinion on this;

Toyota Avalon 2005-08; and
Honda Element 2005 and above.

Are they both reliable? I have no issue with fuel or shape. I look forward to your feedback. Thanks
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Bizzyliss(m): 10:46pm On Apr 26, 2021
dharrey2012:

I have a hard time choosing between these two cars, and I will really like your honest opinion on this;

Are they both reliable? I have no issue with fuel or shape. I look forward to your feedback. Thanks
carry avalon o, how many element u de see for road again?

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Readonee35L(m): 10:56pm On Apr 26, 2021
drakeskull:
What's the solution to Camry 2013 transmission shudder that makes it exhibit a brief, intermittent transmission shudder while driving under light loads between 25 and 50 mph?
This is a factory defect.
Torque converter issue
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dicksonadams(m): 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2021
dharrey2012:

Nurey or HeavenlyBang will be your best best for advise on these car, look for their thread and ask there
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
dharrey2012:

Avalon.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:49am On Apr 27, 2021
drakeskull:
What's the solution to Camry 2013 transmission shudder that makes it exhibit a brief, intermittent transmission shudder while driving under light loads between 25 and 50 mph?

Boss.... Post am biko

Na only torque converter I replace, sourced from local tranny sellers.

Main problem was identifying the updated torque converter (oyibo has a part number for it). I'm not even sure the one I used is the updated version but it's been working fine.

Basically.....

I took car there
Went with the torque converter I bought myself
Told them exactly what to replace.

Tranny filter was replaced
All ATF was replaced (drain and refill)

Did another drain and refill a week after(careful not to overfill).

It's been driving good ever since.

NB: the only sure way to get the updated TC is buying from eBay

A friend did this about 2 years ago.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by timileyinoyela(m): 10:32am On Apr 27, 2021
[quote author=dicksonadams post=101144987]

Omo thank God for you, I can imagine forking out 450k for engine at this time... Please always change your oil early, say every 3 month max. Thank God your rings were not affected [/quotel]no b small thing my brother,the thing is I just bought this car it's not up to 6months and I do my servicing every 2months but I noticed the cylinder head is always oil wet so my mechanic decided dto change the rubber packing,that was how we detected the sludge. Though b4 buying the vehicle,the car was scanned and inspected because I wasn't around so,I sent money after the neccessay inspection has been done.i wouldn't know if not for the cylinder head that was opened.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lexini: 11:04am On Apr 27, 2021
Good morning Gazzuzz

Please what is the cost of a 2014 Kia Rio engine?

The version bought brand new in Nigeria. Not US imported.

Please see attached engine bay

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:14am On Apr 27, 2021
lexini:
Good morning Gazzuzz

Please what is the cost of a 2014 Kia Rio engine?

The version bought brand new in Nigeria. Not US imported.

Please see attached engine bay

₦560,000 as at 27/04/2021

2 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Trill2b(m): 11:19am On Apr 27, 2021
Good day sir. A friend needs advise on a good used SUV (that is easy to maintain) to buy for N2m. Which do you advise?
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dicksonadams(m): 11:30am On Apr 27, 2021
[quote author=timileyinoyela post=101164289][/quote]

Nigerian used or tokunboh
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dicksonadams(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Yehsu, engine price are not smiling at the moment
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dicksonadams(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2021
Trill2b:
Good day sir. A friend needs advise on a good used SUV (that is easy to maintain) to buy for N2m. Which do you advise?

Honda CRV is simple to maintain

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by nurey(m): 1:39pm On Apr 27, 2021
dharrey2012:

Avalon is a V6 element is a 4 cylinder. Element body parts are scarce and expensive even in Lagos, Avalon has parts available though may be expensive.

Both are rare on road but element is even more rare to come by so you won't get bored of it.

Avalon more luxurious with good build quality, element is too plastiky.

Element has more pimping mods so can be turned from a cat to a lion, Avalon has no pimping mods.

Element if you desire ground clearance and okay with the seating arrangements and offcourse for haulage. Avalon for executive appearance.

3 Likes

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by lexini: 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
Thanks Gazzuzz

That cost isn’t friendly at all.

Is it possible to rebuild the engine? The issue the car has is overheating - all the time.

Please advise.

GAZZUZZ:

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by nurey(m): 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2021
lexini:
Thanks Gazzuzz

That cost isn’t friendly at all.

Is it possible to rebuild the engine? The issue the car has is overheating - all the time.

Please advise.

unfortunately those engines were built not to be rebuilt. Reason I always advice against 013 upwards kia Rio and hyundai accent.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by PrinceDave001(m): 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hello Oga Gazzuz
I'm having a tough decision choosing between a 2007 accord and a 2005 Honda Pilot (Both Toks).
Can you give a comprehensive insight on both vehicles.
Cc. Nurey and other experts and users in the house.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by timileyinoyela(m): 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
dicksonadams:

Nigerian used or tokunboh
Naija used
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dicksonadams(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2021
timileyinoyela:
Naija used

No wonder
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by nurey(m): 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
PrinceDave001:
Hello Oga Gazzuz
I'm having a tough decision choosing between a 2007 accord and a 2005 Honda Pilot (Both Toks).
Can you give a comprehensive insight on both vehicles.
Cc. Nurey and other experts and users in the house.

if you navigate more of bad roads you have no business with a sedan (Accord), if you live in lekki, ikoyi or VI then accord is okay if you don't experience flood during raining season in your area grin

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by MrJames007: 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2021
dharrey2012:

I'd laugh at you if I saw you drive inside that box. grin

Avalon it is.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dicksonadams(m): 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
nurey:

Avalon is a V6 element is a 4 cylinder. Element body parts are scarce and expensive even in Lagos, Avalon has parts available though may be expensive.

Both are rare on road but element is even more rare to come by so you won't get bored of it.

Element has more pimping mods so can be turned from a cat to a lion, Avalon has no pimping mods.

Element if you desire ground clearance and okay with the seating arrangements and offcourse for haulage. Avalon for executive appearance.

Does element suffer from leg pull like most Hondas
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dicksonadams(m): 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2021
MrJames007:

Avalon it is.

Avalon they say are old men cars....i will laugh him as well if he is not an old man. Honda element is more hippy and versatile, the k20 engine is bad ass rugged, and cheaper to replace.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dharrey2012: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
nurey:

Thank you so much for this.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dharrey2012: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2021
MrJames007:

Avalon it is.

Lol. Thanks for your input

I will rock the match box, as long as it is reliable.

At the moment, I will pick ability to deliver ahead of esthetic.

My choice of Avalon and Element were from price point. They seem to be cheaper than some of the cars that share same engine with them even right now.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by dharrey2012: 9:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
dicksonadams:

Avalon they say are old men cars....i will laugh him as well if he is not an old man. Honda element is more hippy and versatile, the k20 engine is bad ass rugged, and cheaper to replace.

Lol. I am in my early 30s.

Thanks for your input, this additional info is of great help.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by 3ncrypted: 11:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
Hello Gazzuzz. Good evening all.

I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. Drives smooth but when I do a scan it gives an error code P0102 and also consumes fuel. Was advised by my auto MECH to change the MAF sensor. After changing it, same code popped up over again.

It was later found out that the plug for the MAF sensor wire had no earth (The wire cut somehow). After fixing the Wire and scanning, there are no codes. But now, the car keeps jerking or shaking on neutral and on gear one.

Any advise pls.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:39am On Apr 28, 2021
3ncrypted:
Hello Gazzuzz. Good evening all.

I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe. Drives smooth but when I do a scan it gives an error code P0102 and also consumes fuel. Was advised by my auto MECH to change the MAF sensor. After changing it, same code popped up over again.

It was later found out that the plug for the MAF sensor wire had no earth (The wire cut somehow). After fixing the Wire and scanning, there are no codes. But now, the car keeps jerking or shaking on neutral and on gear one.

Any advise pls.

Rescan the car
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by 3ncrypted: 5:39am On Apr 28, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Rescan the car

Good morning Sir. Thanks for the response.

I’ve done that several times and I don’t have any other code. But will do it again before this weekend and revert. Thank you.
Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by nurey(m): 9:05am On Apr 28, 2021
dicksonadams:

Does element suffer from leg pull like most Hondas

No it's an elevated civic chassis. But element keeps true to it's name because it's a combination of several honda and acura cars in one shell.

1 Like

Re: ASK GAZZUZZ by Lovelynife(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2021
Good morning sir. please i want to buy Kia Rio or Hyundai Accent both of 2006-2008 from a car pool but with good body. please how much can I get the engine for both car so I can decide on which one to buy. Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (408) (Reply)

Free Honda Radio Unlock Codes. Up To Year 2009. K.k Business Asoc. Ltd / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.