Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:59 PM

Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? (1038 Views)

Whats Your Take On Male Hairdressers / Whats Your Favorite Lotion Or Creme? / Ladies Whats Your Bra Size? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by uzoo: 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2010
I know you must be thinking , 'oh ,i've been there ,done that' while others may say its beginning to sound like
a cliché,no one sticks to thier new year resolution.
Well whatever it is,i think its worth sharing ,you never know,you might find a bit of motivation on here
Re: Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by uzoo: 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2010
As much as i was able endure the pain of child birth,tooth ache and several ear piercings,i still have a phobia for tweezing my eye brows.
And since i've always had problems getting the right arc cos my brows keep growing and curling upwards,i just shave the damn thing and use a pencil instead.
So this year i've resolved to try the tweezers and stick to it no matter how painful it gets.
Re: Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by Approved1(f): 3:55pm On Jan 01, 2010
To keep my handbag uncluttered and Always dress camera ready unless i'm headed to d gym.

1 Like

Re: Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by uzoo: 4:58pm On Jan 01, 2010
@Approved1

ha ha ha nice one.
Re: Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by yjay(f): 9:01am On Jan 05, 2010
Approved1:

[b]To keep my handbag uncluttered [/b]and Always dress camera ready unless i'm headed to d gym.

i would so like to able to do that, carry so much junk in my bag! also to be a lil more daring wink
Re: Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by iice(f): 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2010
Wear a dress tongue I'll stay away from cloudy skies that day.

Add a tattoo and a piercing grin
Re: Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by mohawkchic(f): 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2010
~I've got a few things i've given a lot of thought. . .most rolled over from 2009. . .they're very much realistic challenges so i'll see how i fair on in terms of keeping to my "Fashion Resolution"

~Vintage Thrift Stores~
ERm this year I want to do more thrift shopping!!Hunt for cheap, unique, retro Vintage hats & bags/purses & accessories . .My interest in vintage has been trully tweeked. . .I'm much more intrigued than i was the past years, .so intirgued I've been doing research on Vintage collectibles, lookbooks from curators online,checking forums for tips & the best bargains stores!! One article did say "You Must Crawl The Thrift Crawl Before You Can Walk The Thrift Walk". . .

~ I'm actually looking forward to play with pieces from different eras . . that is if i'm lucky to discover great finds. . .all in all,I want to Visit as many Vintage shops as i can. . .I want to have as much fun as i can rummaging thro & see what bargains i can find. Looking forward to the thrill of the quest!!

~London Markets~
~I Want to Visit Markets in & out of London i havent had a chance to go to yet: I use to enjoy going to Sunday markets. . .havent been in a while. . .lots of "One of's" bargains!!

Find A Tailor!!~
~I Need to find a Very Good Tailor back home: I've been saying i'd love to own a variety of contemporary Ankara clothes/styles for dunks yet done nuffin about actually finding a tailor!!. . . so many styles i've had my eye on. . .Maxi,Trousers,Midi's. . .from "The Ankara Thread"

~Wear More Wedges,Block Heel & Flats~
~I know i cant resist buying shoes so i'll be honest w/ meself & say if i do have to buy,Buy Flats or Wedges. . no more Stilletto's at least for this year!!

Donate Instead Of Discard
~Over the years,i've stored clothes,shoes worn/unworn w/ plans of shipping back home to donate but they're still holed up in my store! I finally want to get round to shipping them!! I've committed meself to collect as much clothes,shoes,accessories from friends too!

~Erh Maybe Grow My Hair Out!~
~Now thats a Big Mayb!
Re: Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by chika98: 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2010
MHC I am feeling that whole thrifting thing. I will get into it too this year. I need to get some blazers and what a better way to get some in expensive ones?

Resolution would be to wear things I am comfortable in. Don't buy the things I don't need. Learn how to wear different kinds of make up for different occasions. Look more fab and stop obsessing over fragrances grin. Find our bargains and shop then.
Re: Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by mohawkchic(f): 4:44am On Jan 07, 2010
~You shud! If You get someone who's into it,all the better for shopping! A friend of a friend got me into it some 5 yrs ago when she was looking for unique pieces for her new home. . .i cudnt believe some of the stuff i saw in these stores!! I use to turn my nose up on thrift stores & always asked meself "Why wud i want to buy someone's junk?! " Who wud have thunk! I got to learn not everything in a thrift shop is worn,if one's lucky you make a great find on something owned previously but new. . .some of the worn stuff are in very good condition. . .Some price tags on some Vintage items had my eyes popping!! I gained Respect for something old & very "Vintage"!!

~Suffice to say i got hooked into the experience of "thrift hopping" . . At the time,I lived in East Yorkshire where thrift stores were lined up on either side of the road. . .with unbelieveable bargains. . .I mean cheap! Next-to-nuffin cheap!! Me gf's use to make a day of it. . .start at the bottom of the road & make our way up. .When i moved back to London,I soon realised all Vintage hot spots in London are everyones best kept secret! Not! It wasnt fun going on me own,eventually my interest dwindled!

~Ever thought of Swishing? It's something i'd like to attend. . . .then maybe organise one . . . Check out this site swishing.org/home/
Re: Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by chika98: 8:35am On Jan 07, 2010
Swishing sounds fun. I will say check it out and see how it goes. I have found that going to surburbian thrift stores tend to be better than city ones. I mean sometimes you can see Chloe bags, Chanel for like $15 or so. So cheap!!! I will really do some of that this year and put photos up when I get something. grin If you ever organize a "Swish" party then let me know. I will like to hear how it went.
Re: Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by uzoo: 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2010
Donate Instead Of Discard
~Over the years,i've stored clothes,shoes worn/unworn w/ plans of shipping back home to donate but they're still holed up in my store! I finally want to get round to shipping them!! I've committed meself to collect as much clothes,shoes,accessories from friends too!

@ mohawkchic

smiley i've always taken children's clothes and some of mine too either to churches and less priviledged homes but its never really occured to me to ask friends or families to bring theirs too,i'll take yours as an advice
thanks for posting!
Re: Whats Your New Year Fashion Resolution? by mohawkchic(f): 2:25pm On Jan 07, 2010
~Oh Good! I'm glad something is coming out of my "Resolutions" already It's always a good idea to ask for bits & Bobs for charity from Family & friends. . .especially w/ kiddy clothes,you know how fast kids outgrow their clothes & shoes. . ever so often one's left w/ unused items gathering dust. . .

(1) (Reply)

Gaddaffi : A Fashion Freak / Hot Or Not : Cristiano Ronaldo New Hair Cut / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.