Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,778 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 (4452 Views)

17 Nigerians, One Ugandan Arrested For Attacking Police Officers In Malaysia / EFCC Arrests 30 Yahoo Boys In Ado-Ekiti (Photos) / 16 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Delta By EFCC. See items recovered (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by dapachez: 7:43am On Apr 16, 2017
The suspects are also linked to a dead body that was found wrapped at the Apenkwa neighbourhood two weeks ago.

A suspected cyber crime syndicate was last Saturday busted by the Achimota Mile 7 Police in Accra. In all, 29 suspects, all Nigerians, were arrested in an early morning swoop on a house at Alhaji Tabora in Accra.

Retrieved from the suspects were 34 laptops and 48 mobile phones they allegedly used in committing crimes.

The suspects are also linked to a dead body that was found wrapped at the Apenkwa neighbourhood two weeks ago.

The suspects are aged from 21 to 30.

Another suspect, Peter Konadu Frimpong, 34, who was on top of a storey building videoing the police action, was also arrested.

The suspects

Among the suspects rounded up were Ike Ogu, 24; Ike Iduozi, 23; Blessing Adebayo, 25; Awudu Abdul Razak, 23; Daley Emmanuel, 26; Moses Madjaki, 30; Onaghnise Osahou, 24; Peter Andrews,25; Benjamin Akumeze, 25; Kelvin Osayi, 23; Oforufemi Adrigu, 25, Anthony Irughe, 22 and Kelvin Uche, 22.

Others were Timothy Irughe, 22; Elvis Uzeogbu, 24; Owen Zakari, 24; Joe Steve Obozu, 29; Festus Owubu, 25; Abraham Femi, 24; Suleman Abudu, 25; Abraham Femi, 24; Age Michael, 25; Philip Aghariaha, 25; Nathaniel Owobu, 27; Teddy Atigbin, 23; Henry Onege, 27; Daniel Ukuokolo, 21; Osas Uhuns, 22; Kelvin Ola, 23, Lucky Osahou,21 and Yakubu Dido, 26.

Tip-off

Briefing the Daily Graphic in Accra yesterday, the Accra Regional Police Commander, DCOP Osabarima Oware Asare Pinkro II, said the police, acting on a tip-off, kept the house under surveillance before conducting the swoop.

He said the police met almost all the suspects busily engaged in fraudulent cyber activities during the swoop around 7 a.m. last Saturday.

“The suspects were all living in one big house where they undertake their nefarious activities,” he added.

Link to dead body

On the dead body found at Apenkwa which was linked to the suspected cyber fraudsters, DCOP Pinkro said a search on the body revealed that the victim had been killed somewhere and dumped at the place.

Information gathered by the police indicated that the deceased was one of the Nigerian suspects who had gone missing.

“The information was that he was beaten to death and wrapped and dumped there for leaking the group’s activities to a third party whom we cannot name. They saw it as a betrayal. We are investigating this case, in addition to the cyber crime cases,” he said.

The suspects will be put before court today, pending further police investigations.

Simultaneous swoop

In a related development, the Accra Regional Police Command, on March 10, 2017, simultaneously carried out swoops in all 14 of its divisions in parts of the city believed to be dens of criminals.

In the process, 112 suspects were arrested in areas including Adenta, the Odorkor Market, Kwashieman, Gbawe, Anyaa, Sowutuom and its environs, the Achimota Charcoal Station, Aborfu, the Santana Market, the Abeka Market, Kissieman, Akweteman, the Madina Market, the Redco Flats, Madina Zongo, the Madina Lorry Station, Madina Firestone, Adabraka, Tuobodom at Adabraka, the Obra Spot at the Kwame Nkrumah Circle and Accra New Town.

Apart from the items, including electronic gadgets, retrieved from the suspects, the police found wrapped substances suspected to be Indian hemp.

At Accra New Town, for instance, the police collected 179 wrapped dried leaves suspected to be Indian hemp, 61 wrapped whitish substances suspected to be narcotic drugs and 65 wrapped rock-like material suspected to be narcotic drugs.

Accra Regional Police Commander, DCOP Osabarima Oware Asare Pinkro II

Danger

Commenting on the suspected narcotic drugs seized, DCOP Osabarima Pinkro said: “It tells you the danger of people abusing drugs in the city. This is a contributory factor to the violent crimes, including murder, suicide and robbery.”

He said it was, therefore, important that the police conducted those swoops to get rid of criminals to make the communities safer.

“Police work thrives on information. What we want the public to do is provide us with information. They should give us information on the hideouts of these criminals. They know them; they live with some of them. If possible, they should come to me personally,” he appealed.

He urged the public to erase the perception that when they reported crime to the police, the police would turn around to reveal the identities of the informants to the criminals.

http://www.graphic.com.gh/news/general-news/cyber-fraud-30-arrested-one-ghanaian-29-nigerians-involved.html

2 Likes

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by YonkijiSappo: 7:52am On Apr 16, 2017
So many fake names given, smh! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:55am On Apr 16, 2017
ALL Nigeria tribe involves
Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by pyyxxaro: 7:57am On Apr 16, 2017
A mixture of all the tribes grin
Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by micklplus(m): 7:58am On Apr 16, 2017
Not good for our image.
If only our youths can channel their energies properly.

I know a lot of youths in this same Ghana that are into legitimate business and are making it. These Youngs chaps because of greed and devilish love of money would rather do something dirty as against doing something legit

2 Likes

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by sotall(m): 7:59am On Apr 16, 2017
When all Nigerian tribes come together to develop Ghana

1 Like

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by YourImaginaryBF: 7:59am On Apr 16, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
ALL Nigeria tribe involves
80% are flat heads.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by gurnam: 8:00am On Apr 16, 2017
NCAN will be thoroughly disappointed and devastated by the list.
This is a WAZOBIA list

4 Likes

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by Earth2Metahuman: 8:01am On Apr 16, 2017
You mean they are just arresting random nigerians and accusing them based on nollwood perception?

1 Like

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by ogologoamu: 8:04am On Apr 16, 2017
Int'l colabo. Nigerians are mean even in foreign land, they refused to carry last.
Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by Chubhie: 8:05am On Apr 16, 2017
Seun ought to do some nairaland roll call.
Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by LegendaryArnold(m): 8:09am On Apr 16, 2017
when then?
Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by Nutase: 8:19am On Apr 16, 2017
The collabo tight die.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by ChukwuJuwon: 8:50am On Apr 16, 2017
NCAN LAGOS STATE Chapter over to You

1 Like

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by haykes(m): 9:10am On Apr 16, 2017
Developers u went there to develop ghana too ok weldon

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by MusicPromota(f): 9:52am On Apr 16, 2017
G boys taking Over Black Stars
Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by ebukahandsome(m): 1:34pm On Apr 16, 2017
Brown roofians rushing this thread to check names,the were dissapointed to see that Igbos are just few..
Biafran till I quench

2 Likes

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by rifasenate11(m): 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2017
if they like let them fake the names. we know it's the cone heads that rules the Nigerian Yahoo industry. the shame is unbearable to them that's why they want to hide thier names. if the pictures surfaces, by the shape of thier cone heads we will know them. those people will defraud you in dreams are, Destiny cannot lie.
Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by Lekan1o1: 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
80% are flat heads.

Enough of this nonesense!.
Yorubas are there too

1 Like

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by YourImaginaryBF: 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2017
Lekan1o1:

Enough of this nonesence!.
Yorubas are there too
f9

2 Likes

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by steppin: 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2017
Combined effort from WAZOBIA.
Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by Lekan1o1: 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
f9

F9.
Disqualified!

1 Like

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by focus7: 4:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
Did anyone notice that our hard working brothers from the SE is on the lead in the list, i mean the flat headmasters?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by Nukilia: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
Its seems people on this forum are out of their mind. Where did all these tribal jargons come from? We are reading about our country men being arrested in another country and all we can do is ethnic bashing.

What a country!

2 Likes

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by ipobbigot7: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2017
focus7:
Did anyone notice that our hard working brothers from the SE is on lead in list, i mean the flat headmasters?

Yes i did, trust is my duty to verify so long it involves them.

12 of the 29 are Igbos.

To be sure i don't play side i have to count other tribes and regions and it goes thus:

Igbos - 12
Yorubas - 6
Hausas - 3
Edo - 7
Others - 1

The flat heads are really leading in criminality both home and abroad.

4 Likes

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by YonkijiSappo: 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2017
ipobbigot7:

12 of the 29 are Igbos.

To be sure i don't play side i have to count other tribes and regions and it goes thus:

Igbos - 12
Yorubas - 6
Hausas - 3
Edo - 7
Others - 1

LOL..... So the Yeebhoes won this one again? No surprises there.
They are criminally wired. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by omofunaab(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
Igbos leading in crime since 1680

2 Likes

Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by Nellychinma20(f): 5:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
Nigerians always willing to paint themselves darker than nature already did
smh
Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by okiaso(m): 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2017
steppin:
Combined effort from WAZOBIA.
What is the meaning of Wazobia? - iMessenger http://imessenger.com.ng/3/what-is-the-meaning-of-wazobia
Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by zeezeegal(m): 2:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
My Friend Can Nw Smile... Her Guy Name No Dy... How Person Go Dy Do Work Dy Run Even When Nobody Dy Chase Am... Crime Does Not Pay
Re: 30 Yahoo Boys Arrested In Ghana, 29 Of Them Are Nigerians, One Is A Ghanaian, 34 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
ipobbigot7:

12 of the 29 are Igbos.

Igbos - 12
Yorubas - 6
Hausas - 3
Edo - 7
Others - 1

Wrong check up...Igbo's have only 7 names there....The rest must be minority tribes.... Check it well I see some ijaw/Uhrobo name's there..

(1) (2) (Reply)

FBI Exposes Fake Nursing Degree Scheme Run By Nigerians In US / INTERPOL ARRESTING NIGERIANS IN NIGERIAN (PHOTO) / Clash!! One Police Officer Arrested After Killing A Soldier (disturbing Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.