Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) (19394 Views)

El-Rufai And Wife, Hadiza, Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Michael Iloduba: EFCC Celebrates Corporate Bottle Water Seller In Suit / Buhari And Wife, Aisha Celebrate 30th Wedding Anniversary (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by metroblogger: 8:39am On Apr 16, 2017
The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, stated in an interview session with staff to mark it’s 14th year anniversary that the commission will always fight in ensuring that corruption is completely wiped out in Nigeria, a development that will ensure Nigeria retains her position in the comity of nations.

He encouraged the staff to uphold the core values of the Commission and said it was necessary to put more efforts in the ongoing fight against corruption as that is the only way succour can be brought to Nigeria.

We will continue to fight corruption whether anybody likes it or not. Because, we know that, that is the only way we can bring succor to this country. Now that we have found ourselves in this position, please, let us put heads together”, Magu said.

He also encouraged that the public should furnish him with information on how the Commission can move forward; information on the wrong things they are doing, in order for them to be addressed so that the image of the Agency will not be tarnished.

He said:

My door is completely opened. If something is going on wrong, please come and tell me. If you don’t want to show your face, just write a letter to me. Information is very important. I am alone, if you don’t tell me what is wrong, I would not know” he said.

He added that he doesn’t want to know what is right and that the public should state how to correct the system itself because the system needs correction every day.

People are complaining about corruption in the EFCC, which is not good. We should not allow some individuals to spoil our names here”, he admonished.

Magu who said that the efforts being made by the Commission in fighting corruption, is fast gaining recognition in the international communities, charged the staff to shun the wrong things and be part of the success story. He said it was necessary to always remember to put the interest of the nation first.

If you go to United States of America and the United Kingdom, they are all awash with news about us because of this Malabu case. So we are succeeding. Be part of the success. Forget about your own interest. Consider the overall interest of this country and the interest of the nation.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/04/photos-efcc-celebrates-14th-year.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by INTROVERT(f): 8:42am On Apr 16, 2017
grin
Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by delectablegyal(f): 8:45am On Apr 16, 2017
like my dp for no reason.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by Ehiscotch(m): 8:47am On Apr 16, 2017
This is the only time in fourteen years that the EFCC has been active . Whether one sided or not, corruption is corruption.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 16, 2017
They should celebrate it by sharing us some money or hiring more whistle blowers.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by delectablegyal(f): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2017
ToriBlue:
They should celebrate if by sharing us some money or hiring more whistle blowers.

you are ubiquitous here, you nor get work ni?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by Sweetnik22(f): 8:55am On Apr 16, 2017
Fight kworuption ko fight kworuption ni undecided

1 Like

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by supereagle(m): 10:39am On Apr 16, 2017
Magu is working .

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by greatgod2012(f): 10:44am On Apr 16, 2017
14 years of selective corruption fighting!

I hope this my comment won't attract dem dem to my side!

Lol.............

Honestly, you people need to be more transparent if you want Nigerians to take you serious!

Happy celebrations!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by husseydelta(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2017
metroblogger:
The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, stated in an interview session with staff to mark it’s 14th year anniversary that the commission will always fight in ensuring that corruption is completely wiped out in Nigeria, a development that will ensure Nigeria retains her position in the comity of nations.

He encouraged the staff to uphold the core values of the Commission and said it was necessary to put more efforts in the ongoing fight against corruption as that is the only way succour can be brought to Nigeria.

We will continue to fight corruption whether anybody likes it or not. Because, we know that, that is the only way we can bring succor to this country. Now that we have found ourselves in this position, please, let us put heads together”, Magu said.

He also encouraged that the public should furnish him with information on how the Commission can move forward; information on the wrong things they are doing, in order for them to be addressed so that the image of the Agency will not be tarnished.

He said:

My door is completely opened. If something is going on wrong, please come and tell me. If you don’t want to show your face, just write a letter to me. Information is very important. I am alone, if you don’t tell me what is wrong, I would not know” he said.

He added that he doesn’t want to know what is right and that the public should state how to correct the system itself because the system needs correction every day.

People are complaining about corruption in the EFCC, which is not good. We should not allow some individuals to spoil our names here”, he admonished.

Magu who said that the efforts being made by the Commission in fighting corruption, is fast gaining recognition in the international communities, charged the staff to shun the wrong things and be part of the success story. He said it was necessary to always remember to put the interest of the nation first.

If you go to United States of America and the United Kingdom, they are all awash with news about us because of this Malabu case. So we are succeeding. Be part of the success. Forget about your own interest. Consider the overall interest of this country and the interest of the nation.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/04/photos-efcc-celebrates-14th-year.html

#istandwithMAGU
Hausa people say "magu uban 'yan magumagu

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by brownhawk: 10:47am On Apr 16, 2017
delectablegyal:
like my dp for no reason.
you are ugly

happy easter
Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by UgojiC(m): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2017
Celebrating 14 years of existence is all I see. They just exist and don't prosecute.
Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by kbams241: 10:48am On Apr 16, 2017
Hmm
Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by jerrykho(m): 10:58am On Apr 16, 2017
okay

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by seguntijan(m): 10:59am On Apr 16, 2017
If there's an ongoing "covet operation" from the past administration and the new president wasn't briefed, it's treason.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 16, 2017
my favorite commission
Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by Semper247(m): 11:07am On Apr 16, 2017
Only the partisans and enemies of stare whose interest is in the crumbs that fall off their masters ' tables will be sad magu is still in charge.

One sided or no one sided, if 10 out of 100thieves are caught, some of the job is done. Someone was there for 6yrs and could not catch one thief....

Sai buhari!
Sai magu!
God bless the FRN

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by seguno2: 11:12am On Apr 16, 2017
Ehiscotch:
This is the only time in fourteen years that the EFCC has been active . Whether one sided or not, corruption is corruption.

The only time?
Haba!
With zero court victory in any major case?
Haba!!
Compared to Ribadu who got ex IGP Balogun convicted?
Ran Ibori out of town into UK jail?
Got Ibru of Oceanic bank jailed?
Haba!!!
Do you have memory challenges or you are just being mischievous?
Na which one be your matter?

10 Likes

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by Mayor38(m): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2017
OK NOTED.NEXT
Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by seguno2: 11:14am On Apr 16, 2017
seguntijan:
If there's an ongoing "covet operation" from the past administration and the new president wasn't briefed, it's treason.

Don't mind the bloody liars with their fake drama that has boomeranged in their hypocrite face.
Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by smartty68(m): 11:15am On Apr 16, 2017
Ehiscotch:

Indeed Bro. Hyperactiveness is disturbing them but even with that is still as if corruption has worsened
Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by AntiWailer: 11:16am On Apr 16, 2017
THANK YOU Obasanjo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by AntiWailer: 11:16am On Apr 16, 2017
seguno2:

The only time?
Haba!
With zero court victory in any major case?
Haba!!
Compared to Ribadu who got ex IGP Balogun convicted?
Ran Ibori out of town into UK jail?
Got Ibru of Oceanic bank jailed?
Haba!!!
Do you have memory challenges or you are just being mischievous?

Na which one be your matter?

No mind the kids.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by WachsComedy: 11:18am On Apr 16, 2017
Happy sharp Easter to you you you and you
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCsf2DyiVApvnJ6tb5iwVP-w

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by seguno2: 11:21am On Apr 16, 2017
Semper247:
Only the partisans and enemies of stare whose interest is in the crumbs that fall off their masters ' tables will be sad magu is still in charge.

One sided or no one sided, if 10 out of 100thieves are caught, some of the job is done. Someone was there for 6yrs and could not catch one thief....

Sai buhari!
Sai magu!
God bless the FRN

Who told you that corruption is only about thieves?
Who misinformed you?
Who miseducated you?
Corruption is not only about thieves.
It includes nepotism, contract inflation, tax evasion, certificate forgery etc.
An olopa who has no problem living in a N40 million rented house and flying 1st class when the government has banned such and where minimum wage is N18,000 is corruption personified.
He is not fit to fight any corruption.
He is only fit to be in jail.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by seguno2: 11:27am On Apr 16, 2017
AntiWailer:
THANK YOU Obasanjo.

He only duplicated the functions of the Special Fraud Unit, SFU of our Police force and the ICPC rendering both obsolete even though we still waste scarce money on them.
Obasanjo used it mostly to deal with his perceived enemies as a prelude to his 3rd term agenda.
He deserves no praise whatsoever for wasting our money when he could have ensured that existing institutions do their job correctly without fear or favour.
Obasanjo was a failure on this one.

http://www.specialfraudunit.org.ng/en/

The SFU is now headed by Lamorde, who has not accounted for the N1 trillion recovered when he was EFCC Chairman.
Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by anyebedgreat: 11:28am On Apr 16, 2017
That's 8 years of Activity. They were inactive during Jona's 6 years
Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by seguno2: 11:38am On Apr 16, 2017
anyebedgreat:
That's 8 years of Activity.
They were inactive during Jona's 6 years

I guess that active means playing the media with plenty of drama but no conviction in court.
Acting before conclusive investigation and evidence is gathered!
No wonder we are so backward in all ways that Senegal and Côte d'Ivoire are ahead of us on key socio-economic indices.
We are our own worst enemies.
Re: EFCC Celebrates 14th Anniversary (Photos) by anyebedgreat: 11:51am On Apr 16, 2017
seguno2:

I guess that active means playing the media with plenty of drama but no conviction in court.
Acting before conclusive investigation and evidence is gathered!
No wonder we are so backward in all ways that Senegal and Côte d'Ivoire are ahead of us on key socio-economic indices.
We are our own worst enemies.
Your point is?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Is 70 Years Old Today / Peter Obi Holds Strategic Meeting With Ijaw National Congress Members In Bayelsa / P&ID Scandal: Muhammadu Buhari Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.