Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,203 members, 7,839,100 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? (4681 Views)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Died / If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Are We Still Going To Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by plappville(f): 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2017
Horus:

Where in the bible?, and why are you still a sinner today if Jesus died for your sins?

If You have read the bible from Old to New Testament. You would understand why Jesus has to die for our sins. And what His death mean to those who believe in Him. First, you have to know what His death means. Before hammering on why do i still sin Today even if you have no proof that i still sin.

Jesus' death means that we have access to God.
In John 14:6, Jesus says, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

According to the bible, sin had separated us from God, but, at the moment of Christ's death, the veil in the temple, separating the priests from the presence of God, was ripped in two (Mark 15:38).

Jesus' death means that the sacrifices of the Old Testament Law are no longer needed. In previous times, various offerings were required by the Law as atonements for sin. Yet these sacrifices were only temporary. With the sacrifice of Jesus, we were provided a perfect, one-time atonement from sin (Hebrews 10:10).

Christ's dying for my sin means that i am guaranteed forgiveness of sin when i accept Jesus as Lord.

Galatians 3:22 says, "the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe." Jesus purchased our salvation on the cross by becoming sin for us (2 Corinthians 5:21). That is, He became the guilty one on our behalf.

Salvation is by God's grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9). It is made possible through the cross of Christ.
"Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God" (1 Peter 3:18.
With His death, we now have direct link to God the father. No more sacrificing of animels as the Jews used to do.

Back to your question, by the grace of God. And by the blood of his son shared on the cross for my sins, i am not a sinner today as you say. I am saved by His blood.

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by plappville(f): 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2017
frank317:

And that's the bone of contention here. You guys(Reinhard Bonnke inclusive) want us to worship a God who behaves like inanimate soap rather than act like an almighty, all knowing, all loving creator he claim to be

No body is forcing you to worship God.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by frank317: 2:20am On Apr 22, 2017
plappville:

Isn't that obviously? Perhaps heaven is meant for only you.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Immorttal: 3:41am On Apr 22, 2017
plappville:

see her head, heaveners. kiss
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:06am On Apr 23, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

According to the logic of ignorant atheists , the presence of detergent stops dirt from existing embarassed grin

That's why the Bible coins them as "fools." cool
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11am On Apr 23, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol even his detergent analogy makes no sense but Olaadegbu is not in the business of making sense anyways

It can only make no sense to those who believe that nobody created somebody. embarassed

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:15am On Apr 23, 2017
frank317:

You are comparing what ur almighty creator did to washing dirt of clothes. A whole Ur God came down from heaven to die only to achieve washing and setting. U make nonsense of the whole sacrifice when u look at it this way.

A whole​ creator decides to sacrifice himself for the sins of mankind yet the world is filled with sin like nothing of such happened. Even new born babies are born right into sin despite this important sacrifice.

What kind of belief is this?

Going by your logic we might as well conclude that all the effort of scientists in creating or inventing detergents and soap has been rendered useless since we still have dirty clothes and dirty people today. undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22am On Apr 23, 2017
felixomor:

Word!
Apt and to the point.

This answer exposes the ignorant questions of many atheists.

The picture below exposes the confusion of atheists and yet they cannot see it. cool

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:25am On Apr 23, 2017
plappville:

You have gotten the answers ever since from the bible and logically. But your mind is blocked to accept them. So deal with it.

God bless you for that screenshot, it beautifully answers the ridiculous question of the OP. cool

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by hopefulLandlord: 1:37am On Apr 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

It can only make no sense to those who believe that nobody created somebody. embarassed

yeah, especially when that "Somebody" is what you call "god"

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by frank317: 5:16am On Apr 23, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Going by your logic we might as well conclude that all the effort of scientists in creating or inventing detergents and soap has been rendered useless since we still have dirty clothes and dirty people today. undecided

Are we still talking about God?
Watin concern scientist making soap with the creator sending his son​ to die for mankind?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

yeah, especially when that "Somebody" is what you call "god"

Says the one with great faith in the god of evolution. shocked

1 Share

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
frank317:

Are we still talking about God?
Watin concern scientist making soap with the creator sending his son​ to die for mankind?

You still didn't get it. The argument is not about science or evolution or the existence of God. It's about the love your your sinful lifestyle that you don't want to give up. cool
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
Horus:
If your jesus died on the cross for the world to be saved, why is there still sin today? Was not the personified Son of God enough to cleanse the whole world of sin?. Why did he have to send his beloved son to die for the sins of the world?. Couldn't he just come himself, or wave his hand and make it all well. He said his spirit was willing but his flesh was weak, and what did God do? His only begotten son, according to your belief, he let him die by Cruci-Fction. So that's how God showed his love?. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And we are supposed to teach our children this and perpetuate the greatest "story" (lie) ever told? NOT!
Humanity was given the free will right from creation, that's why Adam and Eve had a choice on whether to obey Yahweh or not. But since they fell, the free will hasn't changed till date that's why the book of the law was provided as a guide to humanity. If humanity goes against it, there's a wage or consequence for such an action. Some may ask why the law? The law started from creation but became full flesh when it was passed to Moses. Once Yahweh says a thing, it's difficult for him to change especially when it becomes a law. That's why Lucifer was able to deceive Adam and wait for Yahweh's judgement
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by hopefulLandlord: 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Humanity was given the free will right from creation, that's why Adam and Eve had a choice on whether to obey Yahweh or not. But since they fell, the free will hasn't changed till date that's why the book of the law was provided as a guide to humanity. If humanity goes against it, there's a wage or consequence for such an action. Some may ask why the law? The law started from creation but became full flesh when it was passed to Moses. Once Yahweh says a thing, it's difficult for him to change especially when it becomes a law. That's why Lucifer was able to deceive Adam and wait for Yahweh's judgement
Are you sure humans have free will? You Christians talk a lot about certain prophesies that are destined to be fulfilled no matter what -- so that doesn't leave a heck of a lot of room for free will. Neither does all this talk I hear about God, or some angel or saint, lending a hand to save someone's home from fire and/or flood or guide someone's decisions, or help a local team win a big game.

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 25, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Are you sure humans have free will? You Christians talk a lot about certain prophesies that are destined to be fulfilled no matter what -- so that doesn't leave a heck of a lot of room for free will. Neither does all this talk I hear about God, or some angel or saint, lending a hand to save someone's home from fire and/or flood or guide someone's decisions, or help a local team win a big game.
Yes human being has a freewill that's why they choose to do what they like without interference but there are consequences for every action taken by man. Yahweh had to give man instructions because of the following
1.Checkmate man's activity
2.To draw man closer to him
But man still has a choice to either obey o
and live a good life or disobey and bear the consequences. Yes there are prophecies that are bound to happen but every prophecy without a condition is an entertainment. Prophecies can be changed anytime anyday even if they're bound to happen. It left for man t
Or Yahweh to so
The only prophecy that wouldn't change is rapture. Why because Yahweh has already said it and would bring to pass as he pleases.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by myboy2010(m): 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
if there is soap in the market, y do we still have people wearing dirty clothes... for u 2 be washed of ur sins, u ve steps to take and after that steps to continue taking

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Image123(m): 10:45am On Apr 27, 2017
frank317:

And that's the bone of contention here. You guys(Reinhard Bonnke inclusive) want us to worship a God who behaves like inanimate soap rather than act like an almighty, all knowing, all loving creator he claim to be

Oh, you know how God should behave how? Ever seen one?
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by luvmijeje(f): 11:06am On Apr 27, 2017
Hmmm... applying worldly wisdom to God's words. The answer to your question is in John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by plappville(f): 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
frank317:

Isn't that obviously? Perhaps heaven is meant for only you.
Immorttal:
see her head, heaveners. kiss

Were you expecting us to persuade you? Common ! !
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by jonbellion(m): 5:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The picture below exposes the confusion of atheists and yet they cannot see it. cool

if you still haven't gotten it into your numb skull that atheists are talking about the religious concepts of God(Yahweh,Allah,Vishnu) etc and not a creator or supreme being as a whole as a whole then might as well go and Bleep yourself smiley
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by jonbellion(m): 5:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

if you still haven't gotten it into your numb skull that atheists are talking about the religious concepts of God(Yahweh,Allah,Vishnu) etc and not a creator or supreme being as a whole as a whole then you might as well go and Bleep yourself smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by hahn(m): 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Lol. The joke is on you because you have brought your god down to the level of an auto industry

Continue cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Image123(m): 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2017
hahn:

Lol. The joke is on you because you have brought your god down to the level of an auto industry

Continue cheesy grin

It's hardly a joke. If something as sophisticated as a car cannot make itself or come by chance, then the sophisticated universe and planets couldn't have been by chance. That is the simple point Olaa made that you all are pissing about.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by hahn(m): 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
Image123:

It's hardly a joke. If something as sophisticated as a car cannot make itself or come by chance, then the sophisticated universe and planets couldn't have been by chance. That is the simple point Olaa made that you all are pissing about.

We know the location of the car factory and we can visit it

We know the founder of Ford motors, for instance, and have his pictures

What is the proof of the creator of the universe? undecided
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Image123(m): 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
hahn:

We know the location of the car factory and we can visit it

We know the founder of Ford motors, for instance, and have his pictures

What is the proof of the creator of the universe? undecided

Don't say "we", i don't. I've never been to a car factory in my life but i have the sanity and wisdom to know that something as sophisticated as a car cannot and didn't happen by chance. That's the point again.
Anyone who has to know the owner of a car factory and visit one before he can process that cars are made is likely slow.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by hahn(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
Image123:

Don't say "we", i don't. I've never been to a car factory in my life but i have the sanity and wisdom to know that something as sophisticated as a car cannot and didn't happen by chance. That's the point again.
Anyone who has to know the owner of a car factory and visit one before he can process that cars are made is likely slow.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by Viking007(m): 5:53am On Apr 29, 2017
Image123:

brilliant.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by chineduemmao: 2:29pm On May 18, 2017
@op listen to Joseph prince- destined to reing on YouTube am sure you will understand who God is and what Jesus represents @plappville check it out also...
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by achorladey: 10:17pm On May 18, 2017
Horus:
If your jesus died on the cross for the world to be saved, why is there still sin today? Was not the personified Son of God enough to cleanse the whole world of sin?. Why did he have to send his beloved son to die for the sins of the world?. Couldn't he just come himself, or wave his hand and make it all well. He said his spirit was willing but his flesh was weak, and what did God do? His only begotten son, according to your belief, he let him die by Cruci-Fction. So that's how God showed his love?. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And we are supposed to teach our children this and perpetuate the greatest "story" (lie) ever told? NOT!

Tell me how well you understand this scripture
Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. If you can crack it and raise meaningful questions as it links Jesus christ. May be you will get an headway for your question. One author once said ''the worst editors who ever lived were the bible writers''. You might want to agree with this comment. But that is where the greatness of the author of the Bible comes in. To understand the bible, the right heart motivation must be there, or else, you will never under the deep things of God kept in sacred secrets.
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by achorladey: 10:25pm On May 18, 2017
To whom would that ransom be paid? Psalm 49:7 specifically says that the ransom is paid “to God.” But is not Jehovah the one who arranges for the ransom in the first place? Yes, but this does not reduce the ransom to a pointless, mechanical exchange—like taking money out of one pocket and putting it into another. It must be appreciated that the ransom is, not a physical exchange, but a legal transaction. By providing for the payment of the ransom, even at enormous cost to himself, Jehovah affirmed his unwavering adherence to his own perfect justice.—Genesis 22:7, 8, 11-13; Hebrews 11:17; James 1:17.15
Re: If Jesus Died For Our Sins, Why Is There Still Sin Today? by GoodMuyis(m): 3:45pm On May 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Are you sure humans have free will? You Christians talk a lot about certain prophesies that are destined to be fulfilled no matter what -- so that doesn't leave a heck of a lot of room for free will. Neither does all this talk I hear about God, or some angel or saint, lending a hand to save someone's home or guide someone's decisions, or help a local team win a big game.

His terms, His rules
If you want to talk about religion, you cant remove faith or belief.
Talking about God and removing supremacy makes it look like you are talking about a steward who must give account of his stewardship to a boss.

God has not at any time withdrew freewill from man, what he allow, He allowed.

Pharaoh, Judas, plus any other you wanted to use as example, have their freewill and consciousness to take good decision form destruction.

Romans 1vs21-24 Is the answer to what happen to them. Pharaoh is a racist, wicked and arrogant king, who subject Israelites to hard labour, Judas was a thief and a fraud, who think he can scam the Jewish leader.

The similarities between the two is their intention, and God have them up.

If you believed on karma, do these guy deserved their treatment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The RCCG Church Lekki Were Maids Are Not Allowed To Enter The Main Auditorium / Prophetic Word For You Today / Power Changed Hand In CCT Deliverance' Service...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.