Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,923 members, 7,866,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:54 PM

My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade (587 Views)

Ruggedman Attacked In London Shortly After Naira Marley Was Released From Priso / My Father’s Death Inspired My Hit Song – Teniola / Eucharia Anunobi: A Doctor Killed My Son By Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade by VibezNGdotcom: 11:35am On Apr 16, 2017
Amazing performer, Yemi Alade, needs little or no introduction.

The MAMA Africa crooner, in a new interview with Sunday Scoop, revealed that her hit track Johnny, which set hearts racing, body moving and recognition increasing, was actually released by mistake.

According to Miss Alade, if the song had not first been leaked online, she may never have released it.

In her words:

“I was in the studio with Selebobo and we were just goofing around trying to come up with a nice sound. The first line for the song just came out playfully and I continued. I never thought that it would become a hit and if not that the song was leaked, I may never have released it.”

Miss Alade, also talked about her heritage, saying being Igbo and Yoruba, is of great advantage to her.

“You cannot underestimate the importance and
role of tribes in Nigeria as it is taken very
seriously. I am very proud of my heritage as an African and I try to portray in every way that I can and everywhere I go. Being partly Yoruba and Igbo is a big plus for me as it has helped me toconnect with both cultures. However, I believe that both cultures are inextricably intertwined because they share a lot of similarities,” she said.

Source: VibezNG

Re: My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade by LOVEGINO(m): 11:38am On Apr 16, 2017
Naija artist with lie. Lie Mohammed must hear dis

1 Like

Re: My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade by Radiohead6(f): 11:39am On Apr 16, 2017
OK Here we go Again
[quote]
smiley
Re: My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade by hunter47(m): 11:39am On Apr 16, 2017
It is now u know
Re: My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade by MrJonny(m): 11:41am On Apr 16, 2017
Song made me the most popular Corper in NYSC camp. I heart you Yemi Alade!
Re: My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade by QueenSuccubus(f): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2017
cheesy

Who cares if she mistakenly leaked tat song...tat mistake took her where she is ryt now... grin
Re: My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade by pizzylee(m): 11:53am On Apr 16, 2017
some folks can lie and a deaf n dumb will shout stop it now haba
Re: My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade by Davash222(m): 12:00pm On Apr 16, 2017
Lienus Mba.
Re: My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
weda mistake or nah.. I need dash kinda mistake
Re: My Hit Song ‘johnny’ Was Released By Mistake – Yemi Alade by yanabasee(m): 1:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
And I dont even like the tract for onez....

(1) (Reply)

Efe, Bisola & Other Housemates Perform Bbnaija See Gobbe Song LIVE / Dammy Krane Arrest: Real Or Public Stunt? / See The Real Reason For Muhammad Ali's Conversion To Islam As Revealed In A New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.