Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Get Out Of The Whale's Belly Fast Please! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Get Out Of The Whale's Belly Fast Please! (293 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Lessons We Can Learn From Jonah And The Whale / Pastors Whose ‘god Is Their Belly’ Are After Me – Daddy Freeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get Out Of The Whale's Belly Fast Please! by neduboy17: 12:01pm On Apr 16, 2017
“Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.” (Jonah 1:17, NKJV)

Do you ever wonder why sometimes everything in your life seems to be going in the opposite direction of where you are trying to go? You are trying your best, but instead of everything you touch turning to gold, it dissolves. Maybe you lose your job, or, have a hard time finding one. Maybe, it seems that things in your house are starting to tear up and not work anymore. Things are just not going right.

The Book of Jonah, in the Old Testament, is a short book, containing only 4 chapters. But inside, it holds a POWERFUL message. It contains a Truth, that if we get a hold of it, can transform our lives as we know it.

The first chapter explains to us that the Prophet Jonah received a command from the Lord to go to a town called Nineveh and give them a message. This message was that God was about to cause other lands to overtake the city, utterly destroying it. Instead of doing this, Jonah headed to Joppa, and boarded a ship sailing to Tarshish, which was totally in the opposite direction.

God caused a great storm to come, causing the ship to almost capsize, which would have meant the death of all who were boarded. They cast lots to see who could be the cause of why God seemed to be so angry with them, and the lot fell on Jonah. He informed them that if they would throw him overboard, the storm would cease. They did just that, and God caused the seas to have peace.

In the end, God had caused a whale to swallow Jonah. (Most people who study animals say that it is impossible for a whale to swallow a full grown human. I tend to believe the Bible, and know that it could very well be that it was a fish that we know not of, one designed for the purpose God had intended for the time.) After 3 days, God caused the whale to spit Jonah out, and he obeyed the Lord, delivering the message to the people of Nineveh.

Now watch this…

Nineveh, according to Scriptures, had a population of about 120,000. It was big enough to take 3 whole days to cross, I am assuming by walking. Everyone from the King to the lowest of persons repented of their sin, and God spared them.

How can we apply this story to our lives today?

It wasn’t long ago that things started tearing up in my house. The toilet. The washing machine. The faucet in the tub, and the bathroom sink. All, it seemed, at once.

What in the world is going on? I am doing my best to do everything right.

I go to work. I provide as best I can for my family. I am faithful to pay my tithes.

So I asked the Lord. He answered, and it wasn’t something I had done wrong, per say, but there was an issue that needed to be dealt with. After I did this, things went back to the “normal” that we are accustomed to.

So, let me encourage you to do this:

Examine your heart. Ask the Lord to reveal to you what you may be doing wrong, and then repent, just as the City of Nineveh did. God is Faithful and Just to forgive.

2 Chronicles 7:14 says, “If My people, who are called by My Name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My Face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their land.”

If you have never asked the Lord to forgive you of your sins, or if you have strayed from the Lord, simply repeat this prayer aloud as you read:

Heavenly Father, I am a sinner. I know that Jesus came and died on the cross for my sins, and rose again on the third day. Please forgive me of my sins, and come into my heart. Teach me how to live in Your ways. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Jesus is the Best Friend You could ever have, and He Loves you so much!

Source: http://www.changeasoul.org/index.php?topic=324.msg978;topicseen#msg978

(1) (Reply)

SEE How These Church Members Pay Their Dues Using ATM Via POS Terminal / Remain In His Love / Soul-winning And Signs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.