Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,188 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

What Is Your Definition Of Poverty - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is Your Definition Of Poverty (1257 Views)

Poverty Mentality Of Nigerians And The Ripple Effect / Definition Of A Youth/who Is A Youth In Nigeria? / Love Evergreen Against All Odds..... Even Poverty.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Definition Of Poverty by nigboy(m): 9:44pm On Jan 01, 2010
it was once believed that persons living under $1.00 per day are poor?
If that is the case then I do not think poverty exists in Nigeria.
I am very sure that no Nigerian lives below $1.00 per day.
Just think about it ,
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Poverty by clemsonfan(m): 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2010
I admire your question sir. I believe that poverty is in the eye of the beholder so to speak. If you think your of poor status than thats what you are in your own opinion but others looking at your situation are apt to believe otherwise.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Poverty by honeric01(m): 10:03pm On Jan 01, 2010
$1 is equal 152 naira, what can that buy?
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Poverty by Ty207: 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2010
What can a man with 3kids buy with $1?
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Poverty by hasyak(m): 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2010
poverty is a state of mind
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Poverty by SCI(f): 12:23am On Jan 02, 2010
to start with this i must say is a very briliant question, nontheless, i think that word can only exist when one thinks he doest not have enough to sustain him.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Poverty by slimes(m): 2:49am On Jan 02, 2010
Poverty isn't isolated. For one to be poor, he must have the potentials of being rich but fails to attain affluence. Being poor is in relation to either ideology or materialism as a man full of ideas but without cash/assets is not really poor.
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Poverty by chopmonee: 5:26am On Jan 02, 2010
Thanks a lot for the thought provoking post ( ideas), i have said that Nigerians are not poor at all, only if we could realize ourselves, most especially the youths technologically and deliver people from lack of information, (knowledge, Hosea 4v6), this Nation is very rich, it is just the mentality of thinking that buying a jeep makes you a rich man, the Jones
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Poverty by spoilt(f): 5:32am On Jan 02, 2010
you must not have seen those poverty stricken folk without 2 coins to rub together in the village. cry
Re: What Is Your Definition Of Poverty by harakiri(m): 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2010
Poverty is a thing of the mind.It took me quite a while to really understand it.In lay terms, you are who YOU are in the mind.For instance, you see a young man with a N50 million mansion, CLS Mercedes and BMW X6 in the drive way. . .it didn't just "appear" from no where.It started as a project in his mind and he worked steadily towards it.Riches just don't "happen" like that.It starts in the mind.Everything you are and everything you achieve today starts in your mind and it takes determination to bring it to reality.The way it comes doesn't matter SO LONG as it happens (either by hook or by crook).

Nuff said!

(1) (Reply)

Court Strikes Out Njemanze’s Case Against Imo Government / Wikileaks Publishes 'embarrassing' Syrian Government Emails / Enugu Urban Road Renewal Continues- Road Linking 3fed. Roads/intlairport Awarded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.