Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display (1006 Views)

Cross River Pensioners Protest Against Alleged Non-payment, Omissions / Lagos At 50: Check Out What Has Changed (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display by kitaatita: 6:32am On Apr 17, 2017
Driving through major streets of lagos, you will see pictures of achievers who contributed to the success of Lagos State as it celebrates 50 years of its creation. All those captured in the poster display are deserving of the recognition. However, I would think that Lagos boy Nnamdi Azikiwe, Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu and former President Babangida would have been recognized. It is an irony to drive on Ibrahim Babangida Bridge (Third Mainland ) without recognizing IBB contribution in the development of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display by Adewummy007: 7:15am On Apr 17, 2017
There will always be omission. That's why we are human.
Re: Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display by kitaatita: 7:30am On Apr 17, 2017
Adewummy007:
There will always be omission. That's why we are human.
Certainly; that's why I hope they can still be included. Dr Zik cut his political teeth in lagos and contested election into the Western House of Assembly. Admiral Kanu was a governor of Lagos and June 12 activist while IBB built the longest bridge in the country. Such omissions are too obvious.

1 Like

Re: Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display by Origin(f): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2017
I would have prefered more local content. Putting musicians and actors and business men does not cut it.

This is a celebration of the common man. Let the cleaners of Lagos take a group picture and paste it. Let Alausa people take a wide angle picture and paste it. Our LASTMA team that rescue us from go slow. Go to Eko take pix of the different sections ( textiles, jewelry, home goods)

They don't get paid enough or celebrated enough. Come rain come shine they still carry out their duties.

The love of Lagos is the love of Many.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display by bakynes(m): 8:10am On Apr 17, 2017
Obviously not Everyone can be placed there, You didn't mention an Awolowo but you mentioned Zik it's obvious you are Igbo. Buba Maruwa formal Military Governor of Lagos isnt there.

Tell me what notable achievement did Zik do in Lagos?At least Awolowo is known to have created the Ikeja and Ilupeju industrial estates.
Re: Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display by policy12: 8:22am On Apr 17, 2017
@op I hope they didn't omit 'The Developer'..?

Re: Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display by Mustay(m): 8:26am On Apr 17, 2017
Origin:
I would have prefered more local content. Putting musicians and actors and business men does not cut it.

This is a celebration of the common man. Let the cleaners of Lagos take a group picture and paste it. Let Alausa people take a wide angle picture and paste it. Our LASTMA team that rescue us from go slow. Go to Eko take pix of the different sections ( textiles, jewelry, home goods)

They don't get paid enough or celebrated enough. Come rain come shine they still carry out their duties.

The love of Lagos is the love of Many.

I hope they see this so that the pictures are not just for patronising sake. For instance, one of the pictures has an unknown individual on it, they didn't even bother putting his name just because he's supposedly unpopular.

This is inconsistent with what they did for the others. They believed using popular figures will hype the cause. The posters look more like patronage to me - BRF as performance, Tinubu as legacy, Ambode as whatever is just so 'common'.

Using pictures of artistes, politicians and the likes is a mismatch of what Lagos offers the ordinary man. It does not have any connection with the man at Abule Ẹ̀gba, Okokomaiko, Ijesha, Lakowe, Ibefun or what have you.

Good thinking Origin

1 Like

Re: Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display by gurnam: 8:27am On Apr 17, 2017
Lmaoooooo, OP stylishly slotted in IBB to hide his true intention. We know where you are from but sorry this celebration have nothing to do with you.
Didn't you see Dangote pics or that of Jim Ovia or you expect them to put everyone that has managed to rent a 2 x 2 shop on the posters?
Re: Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display by gurnam: 8:29am On Apr 17, 2017
policy12:

@op I hope they didn't omit 'The Developer'..?

Of course that is what this thread is all about! The "developers" are conspicuously missing out grin
Re: Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display by kitaatita: 8:32am On Apr 17, 2017
bakynes:
Obviously not Everyone can be placed there, You didn't mention an Awolowo but you mentioned Zik it's obvious you are Igbo. Buba Maruwa formal Military Governor of Lagos isnt there.

Tell me what notable achievement did Zik do in Lagos?At least Awolowo is known to have created the Ikeja and Ilupeju industrial estates.
Awolowo's pictures are actually there; ditto Marwa. It is not an ethnic thing because several non-Yoruba are there. These are people who contributed in making Lagos what it is today. If you introduce the ethnic angle, you'll be stripping Lagos of its deserved colour and a city of opportunities which it is.
Re: Omissions In Lagos At 50 Poster Display by bakynes(m): 8:42am On Apr 17, 2017
kitaatita:

Awolowo's pictures are actually there; ditto Marwa. It is not an ethnic thing because several non-Yoruba are there. These are people who contributed in making Lagos what it is today. If you introduce the ethnic angle, you'll be stripping Lagos of its deserved colour and a city of opportunities which it is.
I was in a friend's Car all the way from Ikeja to the Island and I looked every single pictures, Awolowo's picture isn't there. Dangote, Soni Irabor, Jim Ovia and Tu-face are the only non-yorubas.

(1) (Reply)

Democracy Day: Has Democracy Worked? / Senate President: Bukola Saraki Attack By Angry Unemployed Youth Of His Ward / Shocking Revelation!!! Sagay Collaborated With Sahara Reporters, To Bribe CCT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.